Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Catryn Greyling, daughter of Apollo

3 posters

Go down

Catryn Greyling, daughter of Apollo Empty Catryn Greyling, daughter of Apollo

Post  Catryn Greyling Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:49 am

Name: Catryn "Cat" Greyling

Godly Parent: daughter of Apollo

Mortal Family: Ava Greyling (mother), Edward Greyling (stepfather), Trina O'Donnell (grandmother), Richard O'Donnell (grandfather)

Years in Camp: 0

Brief History: Catryn has been moving around her whole life with her mother and stepfather, Ava and Edward Greyling. She's never stayed in the same city for more than two years, and the same went for her schools - and not just because of moving around. No matter how hard she tried (and she tried very hard) she would always end up in some sort of trouble, or something weird would happen and somehow she was the one to blame. She could never find a reliable set of friends either, and soon found it was simpler to just tackle life's problems on her own.

Her relationship with her mom and stepdad was nothing short of enstranged. Her mother never answered her questions about her biological father or made a real attempt to communicate with and understand her daughter. Her stepfather smoked and didn't seem intent on giving up the habit - or getting to know Cat. The three days during spring break when she visited her grandparents in Oklahoma were usually her best. She loved them both to death. Those short visits had been the highlight of her life, even if she felt like she was being watched sometimes.

A year ago, Cat moved to Asbury Park, New Jersey. This was the turning point of weird. Her mother asked her often about friends she made in school, muttering things like, "They should've found her by now," and "Maybe we're not close enough to camp." Edward seemed to want even less to do with her. Her mother cancelled the trip to visit her grandparents, saying something about having to wait where they were. It made no sense, but Catryn started to almost sort of believe she was right.

Finally, Ava told Cat to pack everything she wanted to keep for an impromptu trip to New York. The last she saw of Eddie was him leaning in their apartment's doorway, smoking a cigarette, his face expressionless. On the way, Ava said almost nothing to her daughter, answered no questions. All Cat could get was something about her real father and a camp for children like her. They stopped at the bottom of a hill at the side of a lonely road. Ava directed her to go over the hill, where she'd find the camp - her new home. She apologized for never being there; she didn't want to be too attached to Cat, knowing she would lose her eventually. They shared one last hug, and Cat's mother was gone for good, driving back to Edward and their stupid little apartment. So Catryn turned, her backpack, bag and carry-on all she had left of her old life, and began walking up the hill. [And this is where I plan to continue off of if this gets accepted. =3]

Physical Appearance: She is lightly tanned, with green-gray/olive eyes with slivers of copper around the iris. She has semi-wavy chestnut brown hair that's typically half up, but may sometimes be in a low ponytail. Her choice of clothing typically includes a t-shirt (nothing with too low a neckline), cargo pants or jeans, and sneakers. She also likes zip-up sweaters, track jackets, hoodies and the like, if the weather calls for one. Whatever she wears, she is never without at least one reasonably sized pocket. She never likes to wear anything too eye-grabbing, preferring to go with more inconspicuous clothes, nor is she particularly fond of makeup.

Personality: You'd think she'd be a bright ray of sunshine, being a daughter of Apollo, but she's a calm and collected, quiet and distant type of person. Though, maybe, if anyone tried to get to know her, that might be a little different. To her friends, she'd always be there to help or just listen. While she would like to have someone who she can talk to and count on, she does enjoy her alone time. She is intelligent, curious, eager to learn, and has an adequate physical fitness level. Even when she's just attempting to draw or making/listening to music she likes to be outdoors, in the sunshine. She prefers to stay in the background, observing everything around her, but will step up the leadership position if pushed - and then she'd do a good job of it. She holds loyalty and integrity in a high position, but sometimes disagrees with authority and may choose to do things on her own terms. She is independent and understands herself pretty well, trusting her instincts on many occasions. Never getting along with anyone too well has made her careful when talking to people, so she doesn't offend or scare people off as quickly. She wouldn't admit it, but she does care a little about how other people perceive her, and is often on guard around people she is not comfortable with. She is quite mature for her age, being open-minded and understanding most of the time, though she can be stubborn if she wants. She can also take physical pain pretty well. She likes to apply logic, and is a cynic and a skeptic, which is why she'd have trouble with the idea of the Greek gods being real. She has a very determined nature, striving to do the best she can in all aspects.

Fatal Flaw: She has to be good enough in the things she does. If people count on her to do something, she'll do her absolute best to do the job, but what if she's not up to a task? She might have difficulty accepting that, depending on what it is. She hates letting people down, and disappointing people. Not only that, but she values strength and loathes to be dependent on others. She'll try her hardest, almost to a point of recklessness. This would especially be bad in a fight where she'd be better off retreating, as she'd try to continue, even if she's quite tired, and even if it kills her.

Talents: She is intuitive and diplomatic, and can play multiple instruments like the guitar, ukulele, the drums, a little bit of piano and violin, and can sing pretty decently (only when she's alone, of course). She is skilled at sports like discus and javelin, though she hasn't yet tried archery (which undoubtedly will change at CHB). She also has experience with sailing and does a lot of hiking. She is also a natural at administering first aid, even if she hasn't too much experience, courtesy of her father.

Weapons: bow (Heliakos) & arrow, a short double-edged sword (Ousia) [She has none of these yet, but will obtain them in the near future.], could also use a javelin

Other: Thinks love is overrated. It's sappy, it's confusing and it messes with people's minds. She's determined to stay away from it. Was diagnosed with dyslexia when she was 7 and ADHD when she was 9. Has a less-than-perfect immune system and gets sick once in a while. Usually carries her red 6th generation iPod Nano with her, along with just about everything else she can carry in her pockets that she doesn't necessarily need. Was agnostic until Camp Half-Blood.

Last edited by Catryn Greyling on Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:50 pm; edited 13 times in total (Reason for editing : Rewording stuff~ (and maybe fixing a grammar mistake))
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Drachmae : 885

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Apollo
Items :

Back to top Go down

Catryn Greyling, daughter of Apollo Empty Re: Catryn Greyling, daughter of Apollo

Post  ©razy Dude Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:57 am

Ok so welcome to the site! I'm Crazy Dude (just call me Andrew or Crazy) I'm a mod on this site and will be critiquing your app.

I only have 3 things against this:

1.) The age. Percy Jackson made the gods' swear on oath to claim all the children of all the gods by the age of 13. I will allow 14 at the most.

2.) The legacy of Demeter. 3rd Generation whatever. I personally have nothin against this but I've never seen anything to go off of. So you're going have to wait for one of the Admins (Wes, Kris or GeneralArin/Jake).

3.) The grandmother. There is no such thing as an ex Huntress unless you're dead. The Hunters of Artemis swear on oath never to do anything with boys and everything. If they do break this oath they're killed by the goddess herself.

Other than that stuff it looks like a good profile!
©razy Dude
©razy Dude

Drachmae : 3010

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Harmonia
Items :

Back to top Go down

Catryn Greyling, daughter of Apollo Empty Re: Catryn Greyling, daughter of Apollo

Post  Catryn Greyling Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:34 pm

©razy Dude wrote:Ok so welcome to the site! I'm Crazy Dude (just call me Andrew or Crazy) I'm a mod on this site and will be critiquing your app.

I only have 3 things against this:

1.) The age. Percy Jackson made the gods' swear on oath to claim all the children of all the gods by the age of 13. I will allow 14 at the most.

2.) The legacy of Demeter. 3rd Generation whatever. I personally have nothin against this but I've never seen anything to go off of. So you're going have to wait for one of the Admins (Wes, Kris or GeneralArin/Jake).

3.) The grandmother. There is no such thing as an ex Huntress unless you're dead. The Hunters of Artemis swear on oath never to do anything with boys and everything. If they do break this oath they're killed by the goddess herself.

Other than that stuff it looks like a good profile!
Oh yeah, forgot about the age thing. =P I'll change that, and the part about the legacy and grandma.
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  ©razy Dude Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:19 pm

Looks awesome! Approved! Just wait for another Mod or Admin to either approve it also or find something wrong that you need to fix.
©razy Dude
©razy Dude

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  ©razy Dude Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:10 am

I'm going to bump this to get it approved faster.
©razy Dude
©razy Dude

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:20 pm

Approved.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Drachmae : 6263
Location : In my own little world....it's okay: they know me there.

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Hephaestus
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Catryn Greyling Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:01 pm

Thanks! Does this mean I can start roleplaying now? Smile
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  ©razy Dude Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:29 pm

Yep you're good to go now. ^.^
©razy Dude
©razy Dude

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down