Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supernova (Destiny)

4 posters

Go down

Supernova (Destiny) Empty Supernova (Destiny)

Post  Dominic Moss Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:08 pm

The lake of Camp Half Blood had been boiled once before by a flaming school bus piloted by an electric rocker. It had been an alarming but undeniably amusing story that would never be forgotten, partly because it had involved some of the most famous demigods to walk the earth, but mostly because it had been hilarious to watch.

When the lake boiled this time. There was nothing funny about it.

A red hot fireball plunged from the sky and slammed into the waters surface, sending hot water flying into the air among jets of steam.

Demigods cried out in alarm, naiads screamed in fear and outrage as they fled the boiling depths and satyrs ran about, desperately trying to put out some of the stray flames that had ignited the ground.

"What's going on!" One of the Athena campers shrieked from the bay of the lake, discarding an algebra book and reaching for their sword. "Are we under attack?!"

"Arm yourselves! Raise the alarm!" Someone yelled as the lake coughed up a large cloud of white steam.

It did not take long for the cries of panic to turn into orders and battle cries. Lines of demigods rose to the edges of the lake, ready to face the new threat that had arrived to their camp.

What waded out of the steaming depths however, was the last thing anyone could have expected.

"Holy Hera..." Whispered Jerry, a child of Apollo, as a dark shape stepped out from the hot mist. "Is that...?"

His hair was blond. A cracked set of aviator sunglasses perched on the bridge of his nose. His leather jacket was torn and tatter. His tanned skin was steaming. Strapped to one wrist was a small dented shield and in the opposite hand was an electric guitar.

"Di Immortalis...Dominic" Whispered one of the children of Apollo as they watched the young man stagger towards the bay.

He moved like a zombie. His movements sluggish and heavy. Every step seemed to make him sink a little lower. When he finally reached the bay, he collapsed face first towards the wet steaming dirt.

Two of the Apollo kids surged forwards to catch him before he landed in a heap.

"Dominic! Dominic! Are you okay?" One of them asked with alarm, gazing over the body of the young man who had vanished from Camp Half Blood in the midst of the attack of the war between them and the titan kids. "Dominic! Say something!"

His lips moved. His voice was a whisper, but his words could be head throughout the bay.

"My friends are irreplacable..." Dominic murmured, his voice shallow and uneven. "You're...you're...."

---

That had been the last thing that Dominic had said before he had passed out and awoken in the infirmary. His hazel eyes squinted as they adjusted to the new light and the familiar area around him.

If his throat had not felt like it had been scorched by lava, Dominic might have made a comment about how nostalgic his surroundings were. But as he shuffled a little under the sheets of the infirmary bed, all Dominic could think was simply 'Ow...ow...ow....ow...'

He grunted as he lifted himself into a sitting position. His clothes had been changed for a fresh orange shirt and baggy black pants, but the new clothes did not help him feel much better. In fact, they seemed to do the opposite as the bright colors shone against the ugly red and black of the numerous wounds that were dotted around his arms, neck and face. Making him look like some sort of survivor from a slasher movie.

His gaze flicked about the room urgently. He was in a great deal of pain, but his thoughts were suddenly occupied by one single desire.

Where was his guitar?
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Drachmae : 2295

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Supernova (Destiny) Empty Re: Supernova (Destiny)

Post  DestinyGrimm Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:21 pm

"Did you hear? Dominic Moss is back."

It didn't take long for the whispers to reach Destiny Grimm. She was in the woods when the supposed "attack" happened. It was only a matter of minutes before the rumours spread to her.

The Erebus daughter was clad in her usual attire: a black v-neck, black skinny jeans, and black boots. Even a blind man could tell she liked the colour black. Her pale skin shone brightly, but her violet eyes almost threatened to water. Her hair was tied back in a pony-tail, so she nervously chewed her lip instead.

She had been leaning against the entrance to the infirmary, staring at her feet. Watching Dominic had proven to be redundant, but she still stayed. Still watched. After all, that's what a good girlfriend would do, right? With a small sigh, she heard a bit of movement, her head snapping up to him when he sat up.

Bracing herself, Destiny pulled herself from the shadows she had darkened and was hiding in, saying softly, "Easy there, tiger. You might hurt yourself."
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Drachmae : 679

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: {Grimm}: Erebus {Reveur}: Hypnos
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:47 pm

Dominic almost didn't hear her. The urge to find his weapon was so strong that Aphrodite herself could have been in the room and Dominic wouldn't have cared. The need to defend himself outweighed his pain and the relief that came from knowing that he was back in Camp Half Blood. None of it would matter unless he was armed.

There was only one thing that would have stopped his search in his tracks. And she was standing in the entrance of the infirmary.

He didn't look at her at first. He just sat still with his head turned away from her. He wanted to smile, the very sound of her voice had made his day, but he knew it wasn't that simple.

Nothing had been simple over the last few months.

"I do make a habit out of doing that," Dominic muttered, surprising himself, his body felt so beat up that he was surprised that he could manage to speak the words.

His eyes finally landed on the guitar that lay propped up against the bed beside him. Without even hesitating to consider his injuries, Dominic rose from his bed and tossed the sheets aside, before striding over to the weapon and seizing it.

He ran his finger along the strings and began tuning the guitar, almost methodically, before the instrument suddenly twisted and morphed into the shape of a heavy action repeater crossbow. He gazed over the weapon with concern before cocking the weapon with a click.

The care he took was more than a little alarming. The way he looked after the weapon was similar to how a soldier would treat his gun. It almost seemed as if Dominic needed the reassurance of its function to be able to relax.

"How did I get here?" Dominic spoke as he lifted the crossbow to his eyes and stared down the sight.

It was hardly the best thing to say to someone he had been separated from for months, especially given the circumstances, but Dominic's voice seemed to carry an uneasy edge to it. As if he were not a hundred percent sure if he could actually drop his guard.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:03 pm

Destiny almost ran away as he addressed her. Much easier to flee from the problem rather than face it. Yet, as the public school kids taught her in her months away, she knew it was neither that simple nor that easy. Instead, the shadows on her face quite literally darkened as she kept a weary eye on his crossbow. The same weapon that she had fought along side with now struck fear through her heart. He wouldn't use it on her... would he?

"Couple of your siblings dragged you up here with some help. From what I heard, you were a rock and roll comet headed straight for the lake." She tried to make a light joke about his dramatic entrance, but her humour had always been a bit off. "They thought we were under attack. Imagine their surprise when you popped out of the lake." She was speaking softly. Not timidly, but in the hushed tone she had developed over the last few months.

She sighed and chuckled lightly to herself, her hand raising to habitually rub the scythe on her neck, "I heard you had tentacles. Some said you were a cyborg. And yet, others still insisted that you were the same old you, but taken by aliens. You know how the rumour mill runs." Her violet eyes trained on the scuff of her boots, she watched as a single tear drop escaped from her eye, leaving a small wet spot on the faded black leather.

Seeing Dominic had probably been the best thing that had happened to her since... well, since seeing him last. Hearing him speak had almost been unbearable.

Destiny sighed again, still mentally kicking herself for all the sighing she'd been doing lately, and shuffled her feet slightly, still staring at her toes. She opened her mouth to speak, shut it, opened it again, and left it shut. She decided not to ask him. Not yet.
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:16 pm

He listened to her whilst he adjusted the sights on his crossbow and attempted a few more practice motions with the crossbow, dropping the weapon to his hip before fluidly swinging it to eye level and focusing the sights on an imaginary target.

He thought of the enemy. How it had hounded him over the last few months. How its forces had attacked at all times of the day, never giving him a moment to properly rest. How every moment of peace had seemed like borrowed time.

And then...something odd happened.

A noise escaped his lips.

A strange sound that was warm and soft and strangely musical.

A sound that seemed to make his worries suddenly disappear.

He had laughed.

He was laughing.

"Aliens?" Dominic asked, his pearly grin stretching over his scratched and bruised cheeks. "They think I was abducted by aliens?" Dominic asked, before clutching his gut and bursting into a fit of laughter. He threw back his head and let the roar fly from his throat.

When was the last time he had laughed? It seemed so long ago that he had forgotten what it sounded like, not to mention how it felt.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:26 pm

Destiny was almost startled at the familiar yet distant-seeming noise. She looked up at him, almost in shock. When she realised that he was laughing, she couldn't help but smile, a chuckle escaping her lips.

Her mind quickly ran through all of the times she had just sat and laughed with him, the most vivid one being when he almost got them kicked out of the camp and eaten by a water snake.

The sight of his smile, the sound of his laugh, and the sudden warmth she felt from him quite possibly melted the frozen shadows from her locked up heart.

She watched him with an almost pained smile, her crossed arms dropping to her side as she cautiously walked toward him at a very slow pace.

"Aliens was the most probable of the ones I've heard. Half-bloods lack flair in their conspiracy theories," she said, her hand reaching into her back pocket to slide her favourite deck of cards into her hands, quickly shuffling and playing with them, doing three way splits in one hand.

She had gotten much better at handling cards, as they were the only way for her to relieve stress in school without beating someone up. The cards were black on the backside, a small red swirl right in the middle of the.

Destiny's nerves started to calm a little, but she still stayed a distance away from Dominic.
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:33 pm

((Destiny! Come back on chat! I have no one to talk to D:))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Drachmae : 3030

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Aphrodite
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:44 pm

"Well I'm going to be sorry to disappoint them. I didn't get abducted by aliens. Which is a real shame, you would think with everything crazy that goes on in this funny old world that aliens are not too unreasonable," Dominic chuckled as his laughter slowly died down.

He morphed the weapon back into the guitar before he finally turned on the spot to face her.

The moment his eyes landed on her Dominic wished that he had been wearing his sunglasses. For the moment he looked at her his eyes seemed to widen in shock before they stole a not so subtle gaze over her.

Gods, had she always looked that good in black?

Several months apart, living a waking nightmare had taken its toll on poor Dominic, but the moment he looked upon Destiny none of that seemed to matter. She may have been dressed in an unhealthy amount of black, but to Dominic she was perfect.

She had always been perfect to him.

"Destiny..." Dominic mumbled as his eyes rose to meet hers. "...I was wrong."
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:00 pm

She almost froze as his gaze met hers.

Taking in a deep breath, she cleared her throat slightly, saying, "You weren't wrong about anything. I was the one at fault. I was the one acting like a controlling bitch." The word escaped her mouth before she could think of another, but she didn't mind. It was true, how she was acting that day.

It had been just before she left. She was hurt, wounded, and pained beyond belief, but she didn't look back.

She couldn't look back.

But now, hearing him utter those words... Destiny let the tears swell in her eyes this time, as she smiled slightly at him, "You weren't wrong."
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:54 am

((OMGOMGOMG DOMINIC YOU'RE BACK TOO?!!! You guys are awesome <3))
Estelle
Estelle

Drachmae : 4326

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:46 pm

"No, no, no..." Dominic muttered, his gaze drifting back to the ground. "I was wrong. About the war, about how I would fight.... I was wrong about it all." His gaze was unnerving. The way he stared at the ground, it was almost as if he were staring down into a bottomless chasm.

"I thought I could control the wrath. I thought I would be an asset and yet..." Dominic's voice trailed off and his stare seemed to become even more hollow. For a moment he was silent, lost in whatever thoughts were haunting his mind.

When he realised he was zoning out, he shrugged and shook his head fiercely.

"Damn it all," He cursed and ran a hand through his messy hair. "Suppose I can't beat myself up too much. It looks like the place is still in one piece despite me running off," he muttered before scratching at a patch of red raw skin on his arm. Although he did not seem to have been cooked alive by the flames during his shocking entrance, it was clear he had not got off lightly. The longer he stood before Destiny, the more she would notice the various wounds and scars that covered his skin.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:19 pm

She couldn't help it. Destiny quickly moved forward and lay a hand on his, gently wrapping around it, as she looked her solemn violet eyes into his, saying softly, "Don't pick. It will only make it worse."

She wanted to know what happened to him. Where he went, what he went through, why he showed up like a fire from the sky. She wanted to know what he did in the months she didn't have any contact with him. Hell, he looked like he trekked through the underworld and back in those months.

It took all the self-control she had not to break down and cry right there. He was hurt, wounded, and obviously dealing with something, but she couldn't do a damn thing about it. And that sucked. Simply, it just sucked.

Destiny quickly ran her eyes over him, checking out the damage, the scars, and all the mini-hurts that made her hurt. Her jaw clenched slightly as she took note of them all.

Gods, how could he move without wincing?

She was really tempted to ask him to take off his shirt, merely to look at what other things were on his body, but a splash of red coloured her cheeks as she realised how that could sound.

So, instead of doing what any good girlfriend would do and coddling the hell out of Dominic, Destiny simply squeezed his hand gently and smiled at him, saying, "I can't believe you almost got yourself killed without me. I thought that was our thing."
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:44 pm

"I guess it was, along with being reckless, stupid and undeniable awesome," Dominic replied, letting the smallest of smiles tug at the corner of his lips. "Although I have been doing a good job of almost getting obliterated all by myself over the last few months. It's been quite a ride," Dominic said before the smile vanished from his face. As his expression turned sour he scratched at another scar on his arm, just above his elbow.

He shouldn't have joked about it. There was nothing funny about what he had needed to do over the last few months. He hadn't laughed when he had been fighting almost impossible odds, he hadn't laughed when he had heard the ugly truth about his life and he hadn't laughed when infinitely powerful enemies had swore to burn him to ashes.

He wasn't Percy Jackson. He couldn't shrug off the hardships that had befallen him over the last few months. He was just Dominic, not an earth shaker or a storm caller, just plain old Dominic Moss. Although who Dominic Moss was now was a different question altogether.

Was he still funny? Did he have fun? Could he settle back into camp like normal after all this time? And what about his task's, could he still walk away from them?

And what about Destiny? What had she thought of his little disappearance? Did she hate him after their fight before the war? Did she still care?

Had he even told her that he loved her?

"I need to get out of here," Dominic muttered to Destiny, forcing his worries away. "I need to get to somewhere quiet, private and monster free. I'm not ready to answer everybody's questions and I sure as heck don't want to kill something else"
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:25 pm

((Omigosh, I'm like, tearing up. SO EMOTIONAL. Dom kills my feels as well as yours, Dessy o.o))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Drachmae : 3030

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Aphrodite
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:36 pm

Destiny nodded, her eyes lowering to the ground. She stared at her feet again, her hand moving to take his in hers.

This man in front of her... Was he still the Dominic she used to know? He still looked like the carefree, rock and roll kid she met in the woods, but, at the same time, he didn't. He older, wiser, more. Tormented.

She wasn't completely naive. She saw the hardened look in his eyes, the toughened clench of his jaw. She saw the way he seemed on guard, even now.

Even with her.

What this past time apart did to him, she didn't even want to imagine. She saw a change in Dominic, and she didn't like it. While she was in school, she always imagined that one day she would see him again. He would be laughing, sunglasses on, and strumming his guitar, his grin shining as bright as it always had.

She didn't imagine this.

Raising her head, Destiny lifted his hand with hers, as if in a stationary high-five position. "Come with me, Dom. I mean it. I've got in apartment in the city from when I attended school. Let's just go. Let's just go and lay low for a while. No monsters, no people, no questions. Let's go." She let her slender fingers fall between his, her hand grasping his tightly as she intertwined their fingers. She smiled at him, a tear running down her cheek.

"Just don't leave me again."
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:24 pm

Dominic looked from their hands to the beautiful face that looked at him. The word yes was trying valiantly to push its way past his lips.

"That sounds nice... but I can't," He muttered grimly, managing a bitter smile before he dropped his hand. He walked over to the windows of the infirmary and peeked out at the camp. As he looked out over the lush fields of strawberries and crystal clear waters, the gloom from his smile seemed to lift ever so slightly.

"The path of the sun dropped me here," Dominic spoke casually, as if what he had said had made complete sense. "If I've come to camp half blood its for a reason. And if I left well...lets just say it would attract unwanted attention."

He looked back over his shoulder at Destiny and looked at her in silence for a moment. His expression was unreadable, part of him looked to be contemplating something whilst the other seemed to be staring past her. It almost seemed as if his gaze were not properly focused on anything in the room.

"The strawberry fields," Dominic spoke as he snapped out of his trance and smiled at Destiny. "Or the bay. How about we go there and talk? Maybe if I play god awful music it will keep everyone else away?"
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:41 pm

"Fine."

The word left her mouth a bit more harsh than she intended. She took the words as rejection, the pain plainly spread on her face. Her violet eyes looked almost wounded.

The shadows left her face, even though the light would've caused at least natural shadows from her features. The shadows left, seemingly slithering down to join her shadow with stretched its long arms without her movement.

She crossed her arms, her hand tingling, feeling almost burnt. The last thing she wanted was to be moody and mad around him. He must certainly didn't need that, but the daughter of darkness wasn't exactly fond on how she met up with Dominic again.

She was not a happy camper.

"You choose the place," she said with a slight sigh, breathing out slowly and deeply. She tried to calm down a bit, but nothing was the same. He wasn't the same, she wasn't the same, they weren't the same.

Her violet eyes dropped back down. Why were the scuff of her shoes so damn interesting? She was going to try. She was going to be the same girlfriend that he left. She was going to be better.

A small smirk split her lips as she disagreed, "No, Dominic Moss, I don't think you're capable of playing badly."
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:15 pm

"Of course I am. I'll just start playing with my toes and sing along. Everyone knows I can't sing. It'll be funny," Dominic said with a chuckle before instantly freezing up.

Funny? Had he really just said that? Did he really think he could be funny?

"Let's go to the beach. We'll get a bit more privacy I think," Dominic spoke as he looked over at Destiny. He had noticed the slip, but only now did it seem to properly dawn on him. His refusal had upset her, but she was too nice to want to risk laying into him after his overblown entrance and crazy behavior.

"But, I need to do something first," Dominic spoke as he slung his guitar over his shoulders, the strap connecting around him like the holster for a rifle.

Then, without a pause for thought, Dominic stepped forwards and pulled Destiny into a tight hug.

He didn't say anything. He just kept his arms around her with his chin leaning over her shoulder, his face gently brushing against her ebony hair. He stood still, clutching the girl to him with such force it almost seemed as if he were afraid that she would vanish if he let her go.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:30 pm

Destiny did almost vanish. She almost did just turn into shadows and melt away in his arms. Instead, she gripped him tightly, her face burying into his shoulder.

Had he always been this solid, this fit? Had she really forgotten the feel of his embrace in these past few months? Had she really forgotten how completely safe and okay she felt with his arms around her?

None of it mattered now. She had him back. He didn't despise her, no. He was hugging her. And that meant everything would be okay. Any time he hugged her, she knew that everything would be okay.

So, Destiny did the only thing that seemed proper at that moment.

Destiny cried.

She broke down into body-wreaking sobs, but they quickly turned into laughter. It frightened her. It was only just when she was sobbing, mentally cursing and yelling at Dom, that his words reached her. He playing his guitar with his feet? And singing? She couldn't help but laugh. And it felt good to laugh. It felt good to be in his arms, laughing.

"Sorry about your shirt. Let's go," she muttered into his chest when she finally calmed down.
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:48 pm

He held her for as long as he could. He had once been surprised at how warm she felt when she had been convinced that she was nothing but a creepy shadow girl. Now it seemed irrelevant. She wasn't just warm, the feeling she gave him when they embraced was unlike anything he could possibly imagine. There was no greater comfort than that moment.

He gave a small smile as she cried against him. Tears were something he had gotten used to during the last few months, but those were often due to despair, never something as rare as happiness.

"Come on, lets go and paddle a bit or something. I promise I'll answer any question you want," Dominic said before patting her on the back and curling his hand into hers.

It was a bad idea. His legs were threatening to give out under him, but Dominic would gladly take the burden of Atlas himself if it meant that he got to savor this moment...

ooc: I'll start a new post Smile
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:53 pm

She nodded, her red-rimmed eyes now shining brightly at him, "Okay. Okay." Her hand squeezed his gently, and she never felt more complete.

ooc: Have I ever told you how completely terrified yet filled with anticipation I am every and any time you come up with an rp idea? Yeah? Okay, just making sure. :p
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:59 pm

ooc: The price of an over active imagination and a life brought up on TV and Video Games Very Happy All shall be revealed I assure you! Posted!
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum