Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About Time Aphrodite Claimed Her Child... (Open to EVERYONE!)

+3
Axel The Bunny
Callistos
Cerulaen
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

About Time Aphrodite Claimed Her Child... (Open to EVERYONE!) - Page 3 Empty Re: About Time Aphrodite Claimed Her Child... (Open to EVERYONE!)

Post  Cerulaen Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:37 pm

((Buuump--we're just waiting for you, Calli!))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Drachmae : 3030

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Aphrodite
Items :

Back to top Go down

About Time Aphrodite Claimed Her Child... (Open to EVERYONE!) - Page 3 Empty Re: About Time Aphrodite Claimed Her Child... (Open to EVERYONE!)

Post  Cerulaen Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:42 pm

((I know this has gone kinda dead cuz we were waiting for Calli/Corra to post, but I want to finish this topic. So I'm just going to post again.))

At this point, Daquiri didn't really know what to say anymore. And if any of these people had learned anything about her in the past week or so, it was that that didn't happen too often. She was... the daughter of Aphrodite. Or a daughter, she supposed. Lord knew how many other children she had... But still. Of Aphrodite. Meaning, the goddess she'd just flipped off about 10 minutes ago.

Immortal beings sure had a strange way of punishing their kids.

"Okay, everyone, I get the point," she said through her teeth. "You can cut it o--" Daquiri cut herself off suddenly when she suddenly felt her side heat up. Looking down, she realized her dagger and its sheath had been strapped to a loose belt hanging from her hips, even with a separate compartment for her pepper spray. But that wasn't what caught her eye.

Her dagger was glowing. Not with the rosy pink glow that had been surrounding her, but with a soft white light that looked as warm as it felt. Wary, Daquiri brushed her fingers across it; it wasn't burning, but it felt like it was vibrating--like there was energy coursing through it. Before she could change her mind, the red-head grabbed the hilt and unsheathed it with a swift movement of her hand.

At first, Daquiri saw nothing different with her dagger. It was the same, plain-handled Celestial bronze weapon she'd had for the past two years. But suddenly, it seemed to shift in her hand. It happened so slowly, the red-head wasn't sure if what she was seeing was real, but one minute she was holding a sturdy, simple dagger, and the next a delicately crafted, perfectly-weighted one had taken its place. Daquiri stared at it. Then she noticed the symbols.

Along the cross-tree of the hilt, two lines had been etched into the metal. The first one Daquiri immediately recognized as French. The other one took her a moment longer, but she realized it was Greek lettering. How she knew that, she didn't know. But when she deciphered not only the French, but also the Greek, she had to wonder to wonder even more. She could somehow tell they meant the same thing.

"Blood Beauty," she read out loud, her voice slightly dazed--as though it were all a dream.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Drachmae : 3030

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Aphrodite
Items :

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3