Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half-Blood High

+5
Cerulaen
Andrew Andreli
Sir Malachai
Axel The Bunny
GeneralArin
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Half-Blood High - Page 3 Empty Re: Half-Blood High

Post  Cerulaen Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:15 am

Daquiri snorted. "It's not power, Sunshine," she dead-panned, "it's the intuitive part of my brain telling me that you're the only person who could keep me from killing people if I went." Or stayed, she added silently, almost as an afterthought. When Cat asked if her she was ready or not, though, Daquiri gave her a look and crossed her arms under her chest, resting her weight on one hip. "When am I not ready?" She smoothed down her cobalt blue one-shoulder shirt for emphasis. Then she stuck her tongue out at Cat. "C'mon, let's go."

(I am freaking time-skipping. I WANT TO GET TO THE COURTYARD.)

Now that Daquiri wasn't dragging around luggage that weighed twice her body weight, she could actually concentrate on looking at the school around her. She and Cat were planning on picking up their schedules on their way to the assembly, so they had to make their way through the green courtyard--the middle of campus. When people described Windy Hills Preparatory School as "fancy," it was pretty much an understatement. The red-head had to admit, the grounds were beautiful. The lawn was perfectly manicured, and there was just the right amount of shrubs and flowers to make it look neat and bold, but at the same time not over-bearing and try-too-hard.

There was still a lot of kids in the courtyard, although a lot of them had started to disperse to the assembly in the Great Hall. Why there was a place called the Great Hall at a school, Daquiri would never understand. She supposed that's what she got for agreeing to come to a preppy private school. Her concentration went back to walking, however, since the ground had become softer and Daquiri had to make sure he heels didn't get stuck in the dirt. Gah, that was always one of the most irritating things about the footwear, as much as she loved them. She supposed there was always a price to pay for being taller. When she next looked up, however, something caught her eye. Or rather, someone.

Squinting her eyes at two boys talking on a bench further in the distant, she turned her head towards Cat slightly, but without taking her eyes off the two. "Do those guys look... familiar to you?" she asked. The thing was, Daquiri didn't know anyone--not anyone that didn't go to Camp, anyway. Which meant... no, there couldn't be more demigods here. Could there?

Last edited by Cerulaen on Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Drachmae : 3030

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Aphrodite
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Callistos Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:50 pm

((joining late. Gah. Lily, still need a roomie?)) Corra walked slowly around the courtyard after dropping of her stuff in her room. She had no desire to go to this assembly, she would rather be sword fighting back at camp, but unfortunatly Chiron had sent her here. Tugging at her hair, she turned and nearly froze at two groups of people nearby that she swore she knew. She took a step closer. "Daquiri? Cat?" she turned again. "Malachai? Jake?" She furrowed her eyebrows. Impossible.
Callistos
Callistos

Drachmae : 564

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Aphrodite/Hecate
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:31 pm

(Uh, I guess I should post. Come on Mal, we're on.)

Jake laughed. "You think there's a reason that they don't let you play dodgeball?" He said, giving him a playful look. Normal kids took dodgeball too seriously. Demigods took it as a declaration of war.
His attention was drawn back to the courtyard for a moment. He thought he had heard his name.

(Small keyboard, small post. Sorry guys.)
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Drachmae : 6263
Location : In my own little world....it's okay: they know me there.

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Hephaestus
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Axel The Bunny Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:49 pm

(oh its my turn? i didnt realize Lily had posted i guess ill timeskip and meet you guys in the courtyard)
Axel was shocked to see more familiar faces, though he would never classify Daquiri as a friendly face. she had her back to him, but Axel recognized the strawberry blond immediately, she was with another camper he knew, It was that Apollo girl Cat. well this school was going to explode, Axel was actually surprised he hadnt seen a monster yet, with all the demigods that were present. "Well you guys are here too then."
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Drachmae : 1206

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Axel-Hermes. NIx: Hephaestus
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Catryn Greyling Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:29 pm

[ASDFGHJKL I have an idea for Cat's sword! :DYayyyyyyyy! *goes on to posting*]

Cat was feeling pretty good as she walked through the halls of Windy Hills. It was still a little bit crazy to think that she was actually going to live here, in such a nice place. A major upgrade from her old apartment in New Jersey, and even being incredibly elegant for a school, it was definitely a lot more normal-looking than camp. Heck, did she still know what normal was?

Going through the courtyard, she took in a deep breath of fresh air, and allowed herself a small smile. This was even better than inside. Sunlight flowed into the yard, enhancing the beautiful green colors of the grass and the neatly trimmed bushes. The soft dirt sank comfortably under her sneakers. Yup. Nature was awesome. She walked along the path, feeling contented in the warm afternoon air.
    She was pulled from admiring the surroundings when Daquiri muttered, "Do those guys look... familiar to you?"
    She glanced at her best friend, whose eyes were trained on something ahead of them. Curious, she followed the strawberry-blonde's gaze to two boys talking on a bench.
    Being a child of Apollo, she had keen eyesight, and she could see the faces of the two boys pretty darn clearly. And they were indeed very familiar... But really? Out of all the schools to be sent to, a school with more demigods? Ones that they knew, nonetheless?
    "Malachai and Jake," she murmured, certain that the two figures ahead were none other than the sons of Nemesis and Hephaestus, respectively, from Camp Half-Blood. "What are the chances?" she muttered, half to herself.

"Well you guys are here too, then," she heard someone else say. Turning, she found yet another familiar face (seriously, what was Chiron thinking?) and pressed her lips together, not sure if she was supposed to still be surprised at this point.
    "Well, hello there," she said dryly to Axel.

Last edited by Lady Catryn on Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Deeeeeerp.)
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Drachmae : 885

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Apollo
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:48 pm

((Well, I haven't posted in my phone in eons, so let's see how this goes. Oh, and Cat, Jake and Ri aren't dating yet in this timeline xP))

Right when Daquiri recognized the two boys on the bench to be none of than Jake Arin and Malachai Knight, she heard more familiar voices exclaiming around her. First she saw Chai's girlfriend, Corra Castling, and then she heard the voice of an old nuisance. She was kind of hoping she'd heard wrong, but when she glanced over in the direction of the voice, her eyes were disgraced with a very present Axel Stone. She repressed a sigh, giving him more of an acknowledging jerk of her head than a hello. But seriously--why was everyone here?

"What the h*** is going on?" she said bluntly.

Last edited by Cerulaen on Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Catryn Greyling Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:27 pm

[Aw, pewp. I'll go edit that.]

Cat's gaze slid past Axel to realize with the faintest bit of surprise that Corra, a daughter of Aphrodite Cat had met the night she had arrived at Camp, was standing along with them in the courtyard. Well, then. Cat offered a half-hearted smile to the girl - honestly, she liked Corra, but after seeing so many other half-bloods, she was getting rather tired of it.
   "What the h*** is going on?" Daquiri asked bluntly.
   Cat exhaled loudly through her nose, but didn't say anything. The question wasn't directed to her, nor did she know the answer in any case. She shoved her hands into her cargo pants' pockets, thinking belatedly that it was a good idea for her to do so, since Axel was present.
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Callistos Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:41 pm

When Corra noticed Axel, she had to repress a groan. What was Chiron playing at? Nevertheless, she joined the slowly growing croud of demigods and stared at everyone, smiling at her friends and fellow campers. She tugged at the sleeves of her soft purple hoodie and bit her lip. "So," she said. "Guess Im not the only one off us here." She was careful not to say "demigod" in a school full or mortals. "This is bad. Our scent will be too strong."
Callistos
Callistos

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:29 am

Jake had been scanning the courtyard again, this time looking for whatever familiar face had just called his name.

And then his eyes fell on someone completely unexpected.
He saw Ri.

Er, Daquiri, as he corrected himself. And she looked amazing. It was a fairly normal outfit, a lot of the popular, fashionable girls wore things like it. But none of them pulled it off like she did. That is to say, none of the usual girls were Aphrodite kids. Right. That was completely the reason.

Oh, who was he kidding?
He couldn't deny to himself that she had warranted a special sort of attention from him ever since... well, he couldn't place exactly when now. And if he had to admit to himself, the most logical reason for that would be that he was quite possibly, and inconveniently, in... well, in love. He had no idea how or why that could possibly happen to him, and to a girl who has been mostly hostile to him from day one, and he'd rather just shove it aside and go back to business as usual. But... he... he couldn't.

So in all of this internal monologue, Jake was probably staring a bit. Well, a lot. Actually. If he had realized that, he would have quickly shaken himself and worked to move along the conversation with Mal. Instead, he was busy admiring Ri from afar, and arguing with himself over his exact opinion of her.

Last edited by GeneralArin on Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Malachai Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:35 am

Malachai simply smiled at Jake's response regarding dodge ball. He couldn't help it, there was something about the sport he simply loved... not as much as he enjoyed Kendo practice of course. Several minutes had passed, and he caught Jake staring, without saying another word. Curious, he looked in the direction he was staring. First, he saw Corra, which caused his cheeks to redden slightly. She looked Amazing as she always did to him, but it was the group she was closer to, that next caught his attention. After several back and forth stares between the group and Jake, Malachai couldn't help but smile. He had noticed Jake was looking directly at Daquiri.

"You like her don't you?" He asked with a sort of smug smile on his face, teasing his friend.
Sir Malachai
Sir Malachai

Drachmae : 402

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:44 am

"What?" Jake said, jolted out of his thoughts. He looked at Mal, then back at where he had been looking and realized he had been staring. Then it hit him what Malachai had said.
"What? No!" He said, his voice pitched a bit too high.

"No. I don't." He insisted, correcting his voice to a deeper, more firm voice. He gave Malachai a stern look, like he should be repentant for simply suggesting the matter.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Malachai Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:49 am

The response, on top of the glare Jake gave back, only confirmed Malachai's words which in turn made the smug look on his own face grow wider.
"Bro, you totally are!" He said, giving Jake a light playful punch in the shoulder.
"Just admit it."
It wasn't anything to be ashamed of, but Malachai did understand that it was slightly embarrassing. I mean guys aren't supposed to have feelings... and yet... It was more than enough to throw a guy off balance, just like Corra managed to do to him.
Sir Malachai
Sir Malachai

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:00 am

"Go away." Jake growled back at him, giving him a light shove. Well, fairly light. It was probably a bit harder than the punch that Malachai just gave, but it wasn't an intentional roughness.

"I won't," He said sternly. "Because I'm not."

Jake scowled at his friend. "Now wipe that stupid smirk off your face." He grumbled. He leaned back on the bench and stuck a hand in his pocket to mess with whatever was in there at the moment.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Axel The Bunny Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:05 am

"not sure, so far I've seen Andrew, Artie, Jake, Malachai, and all of us of course" Axel then looked at Corra when she commented about their demigod scent. "you worried about a little excitement beauty queen?" Axel said tauntingly. He knew that this was a problem, but he figured that it was a good idea to at least try to lighten the mood. then Axel said more seriously, "we all need to find somewhere to meet, figure things out."

Last edited by Axel The Bunny on Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Drachmae : 1206

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Axel-Hermes. NIx: Hephaestus
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Malachai Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:06 am

Malachai continued to smile regardless of Jake's protests and leaned back into the bench, putting his hands behind his head, reclining slightly.
"Whatever you say bro, but you know I'm right."
He gazed up at the sky, watching the few white clouds that hung over head, flow by. The Sky was a pleasant shade of blue.
"I still really think today is a good day for dodge ball...." He said a loud.
Sir Malachai
Sir Malachai

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:12 am

Scoffing, Daquiri crossed her arms defiantly. "Screw finding a meeting place. Everyone's going to the stupid assembly now, anyway," she said, looking around at the now-empty courtyard to make her point. "I vote foregoing the assembly and talking now." Okay, so she wasn't exactly in it for the 'talking and figuring things out' reason. In reality, she just wanted to get out of going to the assembly. A room crowded full of people she didn't know and who didn't know her? Yeah, she'd rather not.

"C'mon," she said, not waiting for a reply from the others and grabbing Cat's hand to drag her over to the bench where the other two demigods were sitting. She didn't look behind her to see if any of the others were following; she really didn't care whether they were or not, to be honest. Upon getting closer to the sons of Hephaestus and Nemesis, Daquiri realized just how weird it was to see the two outside of Camp. Sort of surreal, really. She unconsciously gave the two a once-over, her eyes lingering a second longer on Jake. He was looking slightly more well-kept than usual, but she supposed that was only because it was the first day of school. By the time the next few days rolled around--most likely the next day--she knew he would be back to his ruffled-looking self.

"Hey guys," she said bluntly as she finally got close enough, glancing at each of the two rather dismissively. Then, as an after thought, she cocked her head at Malachai. "How's Tug?"
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:17 pm

Jake was about to give Malachai another sharp protest, when Daquiri suddenly approached. Then he quickly had to switch back into a more normal mode, to prove just how not-in-denial he was.

"Hiya, Princess." Jake said, settling into the slouch he had assumed in the previous conversation. The greeting had been locked in by the prior trip west.
"Did you decide to grace us commonfolk with your presence?" He joked. It was a strange thing to see her at school, though. In a good way. You know, because he liked seeing familiar faces. Or something.

He couldn't help but feel an odd twinge of emotion when she addressed Mal instead of him.

(This does happen after our winter quest, right?)
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Callistos Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:49 pm

Corra followed Daquiri and Cat, eager to see Malachai. She hadnt known she would she him so soon. He looked great, and she blushed in spite of herself, cursing her mother. As Daquiri addressed Mal, Corra noticed Jake looked hurt, and she smirked. She knew what that meant- she was an Aphrodite kid after all. Deciding not to say anything, she greeted Mal and gave him a hug.
Callistos
Callistos

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Malachai Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:10 pm

"He's fine, like always. Although I wish he didn't worry so much. I mean, I do have to attend classes after all." He said.
Malachai looked over as he noticed Corra on her way over to where they currently were sitting. He couldn't help but smile at her as he caught her eye. She looked stunning. Malachai stood up from where he sat, and hugged her back, holding her close for a few seconds before breaking away.
"It's so good to see you Corra." He said with a smile.
Sir Malachai
Sir Malachai

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Callistos Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:21 pm

"You too," she smiled, grabbing his hand. "Despite the fact its not safe. Does anybody know whats going on? Cause we all need to talk. Preferrably now." She addressed the group, which included Jake, Daquiri, and Cat. Axel had said their were more demigods- but she hadnt seen them yet.
Callistos
Callistos

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Catryn Greyling Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:27 pm

Cat blinked in surprise as Daquiri suddenly dragged her across the courtyard, and she began jogging to keep up with the brisk pace. She stood by as her friend addressed Malachai nonchalantly, dismissing Jake with a careless look. She nodded to the son of Hephaestus in greeting.

Corra came over with them, gave Malachai a hug, and addressed everyone else. "Does anybody know what's going on? 'Cause we all need to talk. Preferably now," she added.
    Cat nodded in agreement. "No kidding," she said with a bit of a dry tone. She looked around at the other campers, doing a head count. There were five of them present. They might as well have sent up a flare, saying 'All-You-Can-Eat Demigod Buffet!' She glanced behind her, at Axel. "You said you saw Andrew and Artie as well, right?"
     Then her gaze drifted just behind the tall klepto Hermes kid, where a shy blue eye peeked out. It was framed by blonde hair. Her eyebrows went up, and after taking a second to recognize Lily, she offered the girl a smile. Six, possibly eight half-bloods in one school, then. This was going to be interesting. In a very bad way. Her right hand grasped the guitar pick in her pocket, wondering how long it would take before they saw their first monster.
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:01 pm

Daquiri started to nod at Malachai when Jake gave his own way of greeting to her. She raised an eyebrow at his use of "Princess," as he  insisted on calling her on a rather regular basis now. Even with him being the only one who knew the true sentimentality behind the word, she still wasn't sure how she felt about it. She felt...different about Jake, though. She didn't know how it was different, but she knew she'd never felt like that about anyone else before. So, needless to say, the son of Hephaestus was the only one who could use the descriptor without getting his head ripped off.

But she couldn't let him know that, now could she?

"See this purse, peasant?" She lifted up her clutch with her fingers through the four rings on the top, in a way that gave them a rather spot-on resemblance to brass knuckles. "Know that it can give you a bloody nose as quick as it can hold my royal tampons." She loved the fact that she could say the word "tampons" with a straight face in front of a group that was half boys; the results were usually pretty hilarious.

Focuses were shifted, however, when Corra brought up the problem at hand. Even though she wasn't really in the mood to discuss battle strategies, she did acknowledge that it was really strange how many demigods had managed to be put in the same school. Like, the-most-idiotic-decision-ever-made-by-whoever kind of strange. If this was Chiron's way of trying to give them more training in the real world, she was so-o-o going to have a talk with him when she got back.

Which could very well be rather soon.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:40 am

Jake gave a broad grin at her retort. He opened his mouth to say something that probably would have increased the likelihood of being assaulted via purse, but then Cora addressed everyone.

Jake's smile vanished. His brows came together.
"Not safe?" He echoed. "What do you mean, 'what's going on'?" He looked between the three girls that had joined them.

"It's school: boring, perhaps, but nothing to start making battle plans over." He said, starting to give a bit of a smile, but not getting it right. Okay, so there was five of them in the same school. Odd, but they'd be able to manage. Just a bit of preparation, drop a bit of stupidity, and it was fine. They were trained to deal with any interruptions to the real world, after all.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Malachai Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:12 pm

"Of course it's not safe. They're bringing dodge ball back!"
Malachai said with a smile, trying to lighten the serious mood. It wasn't that he wasn't aware of the situation,he was indifferent to it. Malachai didn't care how dangerous the situation was when this many demigods gathered together in one place, nothing was going to stop him from attending school this time around... or participate in dodge ball during gym.
Sir Malachai
Sir Malachai

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3