This Can't Turn Out Well (Wes)

Go down

This Can't Turn Out Well (Wes)

Post  Cerulaen on Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:31 pm

Daquiri tugged the blade of her dagger out of the oak tree's trunk. She'd been in the woods for the past hour, alone to practice with her weapon and think. Now that she was claimed, she felt like...well, like this camp-for-demigods thing was actually starting to become a reality for her. Those years of being attacked by weird creatures that her social worker never believed she was telling the truth about, and the way she'd always been set apart for something that was more than just her beauty...well, it was all starting to come together and make sense to her.

However, she resented the fact that she was only beautiful because of who her mother was. What would she have looked like if she were, say, a daughter of Demeter? Or Zeus, for that matter? They all had powers that had nothing to do with their looks. But no, she was automatically assumed to be a daughter of Aphrodite because she looked like one. How effing stereotypical was that?

Angrily, the red-head paced back to her throwing spot about ten feet away from the tree. She wanted to show all those stupid idiots back at camp that just because she was a daughter of the Love Goddess, didn't mean she was going to be another helpless damsel in distress who only cared about nail beds and split ends. They'd better think twice before crossing blades with her. Taking a deep breath, Daquiri raised her dagger back up to the throwing position, leveling herself so she had a clear sight of her target. Narrowing her eyes, she drew her arm back, tensed her muscles, and sent the knife spinning off with a flick of her wrist. She watched from her follow through position as her dagger stuck a few inches deep into the wood of the tree, a bit to the left of the target she had marked. Close, but not exact. D***.
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Drachmae : 3030

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Aphrodite
Items :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This Can't Turn Out Well (Wes)

Post  Wes on Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:22 pm

Wes was making her way through the forest silently, with her bow in her hand and an arrow notched. Many times, she had yelled at kids for coming into these woods looking for trouble, because it usually meant more work for her in the infirmary. Now what was she doing? Going into the woods looking for trouble. Call her a hypocrite, but she just wanted to kill something, so she came in looking for a monster to shoot. She had just snapped a twig under her foot when she heard a thunk of something hitting a tree, and she instantly pointed her bow in the direction of the sound. Slowly, she walked towards it.

She had found her monster. Unfortunately, it was not one she was allowed to kill. It was that new Aphrodite chick - Daquiri. Wes had heard her reputation, and didn't particularly like what she heard about how she treated the other campers, or how all the guys were drooling over her. Of course, that last part was an issue with all Aphrodite chicks, but still, it didn't make her think any more highly of her rep. She lowered her bow and looked at what she was doing - flinging knives at a target on a tree. Missing the target, but still, the nymphs wouldn't be too happy. She leaned against an un-victimized tree and watched for her to make another shot.

Wes
Super Awesome Admin and Founder of the Site. Also Killer Graphic Designer and Cool Kid.

Drachmae : 4540

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Apollo
Items :

View user profile http://half-bloods.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen on Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:19 pm

Stalking over to the tree again, the red-head yanked her dagger out again. Tapping the tip of the blade against her chin, she studied the tree. There were knife marks all around her target, but not as many as she would have liked in the middle. Sigh. This was why she was out here doing this. Straightening Blood Beauty in front of her, she led it in a path from her line of sight to the middle of her target. Focus. Throw straight.

Walking back to her spot, each step full of calculated purpose, Daquiri slowly turned around. Eyeing her target, she narrowed her eyes and pinched the bridge of her nose to focus her sight. She was about 20 steps away. 40 half-turns needed. Balanced dagger. Nothing to help it spin but her own force. Tightening her grip on the hilt, and then loosening it, Daquiri lined her fingers up correctly and drew her arm back. Keeping her eyes on nothing but the target, she inhaled, and then whipped her arm forward with a wrist-flick with a quick exhale. The dagger spun through the air, almost faster than she could follow it.

And stuck almost directly in the middle.

Daquiri allowed herself a slight smirk. Beautiful d*** throw.
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes on Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:55 am

Wes held down the hmph that wanted to escape her throat. It was a better throw than the last, yes, but still not exact. She readied her bow and re-notched her arrow, aiming it at the make-shift target. She was farther away than Daquiri, and at a weird angle, but that didn't matter. She took a deep breath and released the arrow. Dead center. Sorry little nymph, this act of egomania had to be committed. She lowered her bow and leaned against her tree again, shooting Daquiri a smirk, knowing she was about to release her wrath.

Wes
Super Awesome Admin and Founder of the Site. Also Killer Graphic Designer and Cool Kid.

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen on Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:41 pm

Daquiri wasn't able to enjoy her shot for long, however. Out of nowhere, an arrow sprouted out of the trunk. It could've only been several millimeters away from her own weapon, but there was no doubt about it: it was dead-on center. Narrowing her eyes, Daquiri spun around to face its offender.

The red-head had never officially met Wes Foote. She'd heard about her, and the daughter of Apollo had been pointed out to her on several occasions, but Daquiri had never bothered to become acquainted any further with the girl. The most she knew about her was that she had a reputation as a bad*** and she was one of Jake's friends that had gone on the quest for Achille's shield with him or whatever. Both reasons, of course, for Daquiri to already dislike her. And now, she got to add another thing to the list of Reasons to Not Like Wes: apparently she enjoyed butting in on other people's private practice sessions and showing them up.

"If you're done flying your own effing kite, you can take your foot out from up your a** and leave," she retorted dryly, hand on her hip. If this girl thought she was going to get a reaction out of her for her own amusement, she was wrong.
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes on Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:59 pm

Wes slung her bow across her back and lifted her hands up defensively, "Woah, touchy." She smirked, then crossed her arms across her chest, "You know, you really shouldn't hit trees like that; it's not very nice, and the nymphs don't like it. The only thing worse than healing monster wounds is healing wounds caused by ferocious trees. It's a lot of work for me, and I don't know if I would wanna go through all that to patch up somebody who's just gonna give me attitude. So yeah, please try not to piss off the dryads." She kept her tone light, but she only wished she was completely joking. The woodland nymphs were usually peaceful, but Wes had seen her fair share of ignorant campers come into the infirmary with various ailments and lacerations brought upon them because they broke off a branch or littered in the forest. It's always a funny story to hear, but it just means work for her and her siblings, which is never fun.

Wes

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen on Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:07 pm

Daquiri snorted and crossed her own arms over her notably larger chest. "Be that as it may, I prefer here to practicing in the Arena. And angry nymphs or no, they'd be the stupid ones to come at me pissy when I'm practicing with my dagger." Considering I only come out here alone because I'm so fed up with everyone else, she grumbled silently to herself. It was not a good idea to goad Daquiri on when she was already in a foul mood. Even she recognized that; it wasn't about her being angry, it was the fact that she was rather volatile when she was like this. And the red-head hated not having complete control over why she was telling someone off.
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes on Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:46 pm

Wes's smile fell a bit, and she rubbed the back of her neck, looking at the ground, "Yeah, I don't blame you for preferring this to the Arena." She thought about why she had come here - to get away from all the familiar faces and think things through. She shook the feeling off - she couldn't show weakness. Not in front of Daquiri; she could not get any leverage on her. She shifted her position so that one hand was on her hip and the other at her side, "Still, you could at least look for a monster or something. The nymphs are innocent, and if you hurt one, you'll get a whole forest against you, and I doubt the odds would be in your favor. Heck, maybe I'll join them and then you'd really be screwed."

Wes

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen on Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:09 am

((Lawl, they don't appear to be COMPLETELY hating each other quite yet... Although, I know Ri will hold a grudge. Le derp.))

Turning around, Daquiri strode over to her target tree to retrieve her dagger yet again. She almost pulled out Wes' arrow as well, but on second thought, if the dryads found it they would think all the marks were from arrows. And the red-head didn't shoot arrows.

Whoops. Sorry, Wes.

Wiping any bark bits left on her blade onto her charcoal grey leggings, Daquiri looked at the inscription on the dagger's hilt, as she was wont to do as of late, before sheathing it and walking a few steps back towards Wes. She raised a thin eyebrow at the older girl. "You sound like a character out of The Hunger Games," she dead-panned. Then she narrowed her eyes. "And I wouldn't try to attack me if I were you." Powers of persuasion. But about a 1000 times more powerful. Bend people to your will.  Daquiri remembered Estelle's words the day after she had been claimed. The red-head would be lying if she said she hadn't started to practice charmspeaking more.
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes on Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:54 am

"Oh, good, Hunger Games was what I was going for," Wes said with a grin. She then rolled her eyes when Daquiri suggested she shouldn't fight her. "Fine," she said, "I'll put them away for you." She twisted her bracelets, and the magic bow and arrows disappeared, including the one that was in the tree. "But not because you're charm speaking me," she continued, "I just don't want to clean up the mess."

She looked at Daquiri with a raised eyebrow, "That's right, I've been here long enough to know when someone's trying to charm speak, and believe me, if it were that easy, your sisters would have gotten me into a frilly tutu and bright colored eyeshadow ages ago." She knit her brows together, "I probably shouldn't tell you this, as it will probably bite me in the butt later, but from my experience, it's much easier to fall victim to charm speak if the speaker is not trying to force you into what they want, but rather if they're manipulating what you want to get what they want, if that makes any sense?"

((Rick explains it so much better in HoH :/ ))

Wes

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen on Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:59 am

((Uh... Ri wasn't charmspeaking her there. >.< She was just sort of hinting she could if Wes wanted to fight with nymphs xD))
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes on Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:01 am

((Ugh, make it more clear then; what you put after her dialogue definitely looked like suggested charmspeak, but I'll edit when/if I get the chance))

Wes

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down