Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Care to Swing a Sword with Me? [OPEN]

3 posters

Go down

Care to Swing a Sword with Me? [OPEN] Empty Care to Swing a Sword with Me? [OPEN]

Post  iamHelena Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:29 am

Helena faced the practice dummy and checked if the armor was in place. She walked a few feet away from it and started summoning daggers with both hands. Every dagger that came to her hand went straight to the dummy's middle part, three daggers in a row. She summoned another weapon, this time, a spear. She aimed for the dummy's head and it went through and through. She summoned a new spear and held it in her hand tightly. I'm here now and training, Ares! What now? This is what you want, right? She threw the spear with anger and it went to the dummy's chest.

She got her telumkinesis from her Godly parent, Ares. She could choose and summon weapons at will within her limit. She could only select from a maximum of three weapons that she had trained for. For now,she only had daggers and spears--she had training back home with her personal bodyguard, Gil, who turned out to be a satyr. She wanted to learn her third weapon here in Camp, she decided a sword, to make sense of her stay. She didn't like it here, she didn't like leaving her mom alone. She walked towards the dummy and pulled out her hair clip from her hair. It turned into a red, shiny celestial spear, which she thrust directly at the dummy's heart.
iamHelena
iamHelena

Drachmae : 346

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Ares
Items :

http://wattpad.com/imbethqui

Back to top Go down

Care to Swing a Sword with Me? [OPEN] Empty Re: Care to Swing a Sword with Me? [OPEN]

Post  Jace Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:34 pm

Jace enters the arena, his sword at his side, out of mechanical pencil form and in sword form, and hears a thud coming from the area where a red haired person was at. It's Helena! He turns and walks up to her and puts a hand on her shoulder. 

"How's trying to kill the dummy? It coming along finely?" On instinct he steps back, so he can not be stabed or punched, yet, he trips over himself and falls on his butt, and luaghs. How clumsy can he be right now?
Jace
Jace

Drachmae : 399

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Chione
Items :

Back to top Go down

Care to Swing a Sword with Me? [OPEN] Empty Re: Care to Swing a Sword with Me? [OPEN]

Post  iamHelena Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:35 am

"How's trying to kill the dummy? It coming along finely?" Helena heard Jace said coming from the other side of The Arena. She didn't have to turn and look because only him had a voice like that. She turned to face him and was about to respond when he tripped and landed on his butt. It could have hurt, but he fell on ice, which was his comfort zone being a son of Chione, so he was just laughing.

"The dummy's dying. And I hope I didn't startle you causing this fall.", she was also laughing. Her anger was gone, just like that. She wasn't like this before arriving here in Camp. It's the other demigods like Jace, that made her accept who she was and what kind of life she's living. She offered her hand to Jace to help him up. Unless he wanted to play snowballs instead of training.
iamHelena
iamHelena

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Jace Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:52 am

Jace grips the hand and gets up. He pulls his sword from its sheath, and steps up to the dummie, and slashes the straps of the armor, letting it fall to the ground. He then backs up and admires his work, then turns to Helena.

"So why are you training at this moment? Trying to let off steam?"Jace asks curiously, twirling his sword, then stabbing the dummie in its fake guts.

Last edited by Jace on Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Jace
Jace

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  iamHelena Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:24 am

Once Jace was up, Helena watched him as he took on another dummy with his sword. She raised an eyebrow, she didn't know if she was impressed or she thought he's just showing off his skills. She shook her head and smirked.

"So why are you training at this moment? Trying to let off steam?", Jace asked.

"Just using my time wisely. I wouldn't want to be the lazy-don't-know-how-to-use-weapons kid of Ares." It's the first time in months she had mentioned her Godly parent's name. She became silent for a moment and remembered Jace was there. "Oh. Uhm. Would you mind showing me how to handle that?" She pointed at Jace's weapon at hand.

OOC: dude, I was confused with the "Ren" thing. Smile and have you noticed how close we are? maybe we planned on twin charries? lol
iamHelena
iamHelena

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Jace Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:55 am

Jace(not ren) pulls the sword out of the dummie,walk over and grab a new sword from a rack of weapons, and he then, hilt first, offers it to Helena, with a smile. He then would walk back a few steps and admired sword, it was the same size as he usually used, and since the one he had was custom(be cause he needed one to be made to fit his grip) was made for him only he would get in a defensive position.

"Ok, just so you know, I have been doing this for quite some time......only a few weeks." He says to her sarcastically." Ok, so to start you should grip the blade with either two or one hands. Most people only wield it with one hand if they want to use a shield. I am a special cause and use only a sword with one hand, and my fighting style is unique. So you might want to figure a way to fight a unorthodox way, always give people a surprise." He motions for her to come and attack him.

(OoC:I know right! They are like siblings! And good ones! They are really good friends, and sorry for saying Ren.)
Jace
Jace

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  iamHelena Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:59 am

Helena saw Jace picked a sword from the weapons rack and handed it to her. She watched other campers used swords before, so she had an idea how to hold the weapon. When she took it from Jace's hand, she felt different she almost dropped the sword. She caught it before it touched the snow-filled ground and smiled apologetically at Jace. "Sorry, I thought it would just be like my spear."

"Ok, so to start you should grip the blade with either two or one hand. Most people only wield it with one hand if they want to use a shield. I am a special cause and use only a sword with one hand, and my fighting style is unique. So you might want to figure a way to fight a unorthodox way, always give people a surprise." She heard him instruct her. She held the sword with her right hand and tried to feel it's presence and weighed it in her grip.

She found the right position for the weapon and swung it towards Jace.

OOC: did you mean grip the "grip" and not the blade of the sword? if Helena holds the blade, that would cut her, right?
iamHelena
iamHelena

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Jace Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:38 pm

Jace was surprised as she swung. He got over it just in time just step back, the sword cutting a little bit of his hair off. He smiled and says" Good swing, uh, just do not swing yet, you could have killed me, or maimed me, or seriously hurt me. It would have been bad." He gets into a defensive position and is prepared to be swung at again. This time he would dodge and then attempt to bap her on the head.

(Nah, holding the blade dosnt hurt.*blood squirts out of jades hand*)
Jace
Jace

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  iamHelena Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:22 am

"What do you mean by "Don't swing yet"? Isn't that what you do with a sword?" Helena asked Jace and noticed that she almost hit him directly. Maybe Jace had something different in mind. Sorry, Ares kid here. She saw him took a defensive position and was more prepared for her next move.

"Alright. Again." She stood straight for a second then lunged at Jace. She's not thinking of her steps or how she would attack. She's not trying to hurt him, but hey, it's an arena. And that's what the infirmary is for, right?
iamHelena
iamHelena

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Jace Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:18 am

Jace steps forward and baps attempts to bap her on the head. The dodge was a simple step forward, makeing his body go parallel with the blade he then jumps to the side as to ad void any more attacks.
Jace
Jace

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Ephen Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:34 am

Lottie walked casually into the arena and stopped at the doorway, there weren't many other people there. So she guessed that most people were either in their cabin or eating at the mess hall. She examined the arena and saw a white haired boy she remembered briefly meeting at the mess hall a while back, she couldn't quite remember his name - she knew it would come back to her eventually- and Helena, the strangely friendly Ares kid, battling with swords. The two appeared to be enjoying themselves so Lottie assumed that the two of them were friends and helping each other improve their fighting skills was a way to show that friendship, that was apparently something people did here. She had never liked combat very much, unless it meant throwing her daggers at the targets in archery, she knew that a dagger would probably get her killed if she attempted to use one like a sword against a monster or rebel but she didn't want to go to the armory to get a sword. The process would probably take time and it was hardly like she was being sent on a quest anytime soon anyway.

She crossed her arms, her slightly curled dark brown hair was down today and she was wearing her usual clothes: a white tank top, green cargo pants and scuffed red sneakers with a black jacket over her top, where she kept her daggers. She cocked her head to the side as she watched the two battle, deciding whether or not she should take a closer look, "Why not?" she said quietly to herself and grinned slightly as she slowly walked over to the white haired boy she still couldn't remember the name of and Helena. Trying to figure out who the boy's godly parent would be, which one would give him white hair? She decided she would find out more when she started talking to him and Helena.
Ephen
Ephen

Drachmae : 116

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  iamHelena Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:25 pm

Helena and Jace continued to practice sword when she noticed a camper going their direction. It's someone Helena knew and would never forget. It was Lottie-- the very first camper that she met after arriving at Camp Half Blood. She signaled Jace for a time-out and took a better look at the approaching camper.

The memory of their first meeting came back to Helena-- how Lottie courageously entered the Ares cabin and Helena almost attacked her. She smiled at the memory and shouted at Lottie, who's looking at Jace in way. She's thinking of something about him. Oh, well. Whatever. "Lottie!", she called out her friend's name. "Have you been busy lately?" She looked at Lottie to Jace then back. "This is Jace, remember? The weird kid from The Mess Hall?"

She chuckled while remembering how Jace approached their small group composed of herself, Lottie and Axel-- the Hermes kid that she found really annoying. She looked at her two friends, thinking if in a way Lottie would be nice to Jace if she knew who his godly parent was.
iamHelena
iamHelena

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Jace Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:52 pm

"You don't have to say it like that. I'm not weird, just antisocial at first." Jace says as he holds his head. He glances at the girl who approached. This girl seems to be somewhat of a interesting girl. Jace sheathed his sword and reached into hi socket grabbing the water bottle, and drinking some of the water, which was more slush than water.

"So what bring you to a place like this? It's a lot of work to train, and Helena wants me to teach her to use a sword. I can also fail at defending my self like regular people defend so." He says as he caps the bottle of water, he sits down on the floor of the arena for a short break.
Jace
Jace

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Ephen Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:32 pm

Lottie's violet eyes left Jace and grinned at Helena, her wonderful friend that she hadn't seen in at least two months. She brushed her hair back behind her ear with her left hand out of habit. "I've been busy helping out in the strawberry fields, tending to the plants is what I love and it's given me something to do." She was glad that there were fields to help out in, she liked talking to people but sometimes there were just demigods that were out to annoy people, as she had realised after briefly talking to Axel, once she had found out about the fields she immediately offered to help and they were glad of it - apparently not many people at camp care to spend their time growing strawberries.

She quickly looked over at Jace as he sipped his water and frowned slightly as she saw the water in his bottle had a bit of slush in it, it was nowhere near cold enough to make it icy. Did Jace have this effect on water? Hmm... a kid with powers that make water icy, gods and goddesses with control over ice. She ran through them in her head as she looked back at Helena, hearing only a few words she said. Boreas, Chione, Skiron, Kaikias.......

Her trail of thought was stopped as she heard the white haired boy asking her what she was doing in the arena, had Helena said his name was Jace? Jason? She'd avoid saying having to say his name until she found out what his name actually was, wow she was a terrible listener. "Well I just thought I'd check out this place, this is the first time I've been here. I don't really see the point of training when we've got a safe place like this that we can't even leave without permission." Lottie raised an eyebrow at Helena, "So you're learning how to fight, I guess it makes sense, you being an Ares kid and all." She shrugged, her eyes kept darting to Jace, trying to figure him out, he was strange and she still barely had a clue who his godly parent was, his godly parent might not even have been anything to do with ice or snow, the slush in his drink could easily have been a coincidence and nothing to do with him. Why was this irritating her so much? Why couldn't her brain shut up and let her have a normal conversation with her only friend on the entire planet? She thought her mind wasn't supposed to be affected by this sort of stuff. maybe she really wasn't a Dionysus kid and that was why Mr.D hadn't claimed her.... no... she knew it was just wishful thinking, she couldn't help it though. Nobody would want that guy for a dad.
Ephen
Ephen

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  iamHelena Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:25 am

"You don't have to say it like that. I'm not weird, just antisocial at first."Helena chuckled at the correction Jace made. "Alright, whatever you want."She raised her hands in surrender. She returned the sword back to the weapon's rack and did a mental note to go visit the forge to take a look at good swords that she could choose from. She would try summoning a sword next time, if it's already time.

She heard the two talking and then she noticed Jace was drinking less water and more slush...again. I think he needs to train with his power than weapons. "So you're learning how to fight, I guess it makes sense, you being an Ares kid and all." Lottie asked her.

"I'm training sword to have it added to the weapons that I can summon. You know, being telumkinetic and all, a sword can come in handy." She summoned a dagger, then changed it to spear then it went back to a dagger. No sword yet, of course. The weapons disappeared and she scratched her head. Couldn't Lottie remember who Jace is? "Can we visit the strawberry fields sometime?" She turned to Jace,"Do you want to take a look at the strawberries?"
iamHelena
iamHelena

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Jace Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:00 pm

Jace looks between the two as they talked. He then after a while realized that Helena asked a question."Sure I see why not. What's the harm in it?" He says as he stands up he puts the water bottle back in his pocket and walks up it him, his hands in his pockets.
Jace
Jace

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Ephen Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:36 am

Lottie smiled and started talking with immense enthusiasm, she wanted her passion for plants to be realised quickly and for Helena to understand why she hadn't been talking to her recently. "Great! The strawberry fields are peaceful and a good place to think but because it's so snowy around at the moment we have to be careful getting around the fields. We should stick to the paths, we don't want to step on the plants!"

She glanced over at Jace and noticed that he had barely been listening to their conversation, which explained his slight lack of enthusiasm when he agreed to going to the fields. It looked like her and Jace had something in common: bad listeners. She smirked to herself, knowing that most people were either good listeners or bad listeners and as it was a 50/50 chance, hardly something to celebrate. She hoped that Jace was more enthusiastic when they got to the strawberry fields, part of it was on a slope but it was still a beautiful place.
Ephen
Ephen

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  iamHelena Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:12 am

"Great! The strawberry fields are peaceful and a good place to think but because it's so snowy around at the moment we have to be careful getting around the fields. We should stick to the paths, we don't want to step on the plants!" Helena heard Lottie said. She haven't been gone to the Strawberry Fields since she arrived here in camp. She thought there's nothing to see there but boring plants. She just wanted to somehow re-connect with her old friend and maybe by doing this, they would have an idea who her Godly parent was.

She turned to Jace and asked, "You sure?" There's something bothering him, but she couldn't figure what was it.
iamHelena
iamHelena

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Jace Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:20 pm

"Yeah, it's not like I can do to much anyways, just seem to have a bad feeling about this. I do not know why, but I have a feeling that I am going to mess something up, and she's going to have a part in makeing my life even more of a disaster. Let's just hope my emotions do not get the better of me." Jace says as he walks to the exit of the arena, his sword left on the weapon rack, his name printed on the sheath in bright blue. He folds crosses his arms and 
waits for the others to fallow.
Jace
Jace

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Ephen Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:11 pm

Lottie raised an eyebrow at Jace, slightly offended at his comment that she wished she hadn't have heard, so the weirdly tall white haired boy thought that she was going to ruin his life more than it already was? She sniffed, determined to prove him wrong. She would have confronted him right there and then but she was about to go to her favourite place in the entire camp and she wasn't going to let Jace's creepy prophecy ruin it for her.

She was happy to talk to one of her old friends and glad that even though Helena was probably going to have the same attitude towards the fields as most of the other campers she would go through that to attempt to bond with her, and Lottie appreciated it. But she was still unsure about what she thought of Jace, the guy was strange and clearly didn't want much to do with anybody other than Helena and she wondered how the two had gotten so close... she hadn't met many people that she couldn't get along with but if Jace had the powers that she thought she had then maybe she had just found one.

She followed the taller boy to the arena exit and smiled back at Helena, she couldn't wait to show her how much she loved the plants in the strawberry fields and why she hadn't even looked at her in months. She could only hope that she could pull it off.
Ephen
Ephen

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  iamHelena Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:55 pm

OOC: uhh...should I start a new thread in The Strawberry Fields or should I reply one more?
iamHelena
iamHelena

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Jace Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:50 am

(I saw you you have what's going through her mind is on what Jace said, and then walk towards the exit.)
Jace
Jace

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Ephen Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:40 am

((We might aswell just go to the fields, feel free to start the topic whenever you want.))
Ephen
Ephen

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  iamHelena Mon May 05, 2014 5:36 am

Posted in The Strawberry Fields Smile
iamHelena
iamHelena

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum