Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Training [Achmed]

2 posters

Go down

Training [Achmed] Empty Training [Achmed]

Post  Catryn Greyling Fri May 02, 2014 3:53 pm

Cat stretched back the bowstring, narrowing her eyes shrewdly at the straw dummy that stood about 25 yards away. She aimed carefully, and released. The arrow shot across the arena, sticking itself in the dummy's heart. Or, rather, where the heart would've been if the dummy had one.
     She lowered her bow and stared down at the glossy dark brown wood. Did your daddy give you those magical shooting powers? Cat could still remember Daquiri's words clearly, even though a few months had passed since that evening in the arena. And the girl had been right; she was certain that her father had aided her that night. Was he still occasionally lifting a casual, godly finger and helping guide her and his other children's arrows, even now? Even if he wasn't intentionally doing so, it was his genes that made Cat a good shot.
     A few days ago, in a friendly match of basketball, her siblings had told her that all children of Apollo had good aim. Not just with archery. She glared at a javelin on the wall. So much for that. Why must all my talents be connected with my dad? she wondered. She had thought that at least her skills with javelin and discus and those other various things that needed good aim besides archery were her own, but now... She sighed and raised her bow again, yanking the string back with the extra force her resentment gave her.
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Drachmae : 885

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Apollo
Items :

Back to top Go down

Training [Achmed] Empty Re: Training [Achmed]

Post  Achmed Hamlin Mon May 05, 2014 2:27 pm

Achmed walked into the arena and wondering why he was even at the camp but atleast he had good reasons to be here. He had his dagger in his hand but wanted to kill himself.
Achmed Hamlin
Achmed Hamlin

Drachmae : 146

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Catryn Greyling Thu May 29, 2014 3:04 am

[About time I responded here.]

Cat heard someone enter behind her, and released the tension on the bowstring. She turned to see a familiar boy - one of her siblings. She caught herself on that word. Not siblings, half-siblings, she corrected herself.
     It had taken her a while to be able to even entertain the idea that a bunch of strangers shared the same father as her without being completely weirded out. Thankfully, some of her cabinmates - which she had stubbornly insisted on calling them at first, instead of half-siblings - were pretty cool, like their head counselor, Wes, which made it a little easier to accept. Eventually she had stopped caring enough to be so stubborn about the whole situation. So Apollo was her father. Fine. He had a bunch of other kids too. Fine. They were all rather similar in age. Fine. They were to be considered family. She'd acknowledge them as half-siblings, but she still wasn't going to warm up to them any further than that. They all had the gift of good aim... she was still working on being fine with that one.
     "Hey," she called, walking over to him. 
     The boy was noticeably shorter than she was, and carried a dagger. He was also wearing an outfit Cat didn't see at camp very often, kind of like a race car driver suit. Honestly, if it weren't for his choice in clothing, Cat probably would've just clumped him in with the other Apollo guys she didn't talk with often. The purple streaks in his hair helped to distinguish him, too.
     Yet she still didn't know what his name was.
     Well, this was as good a time as any to figure it out.
     "An Apollo kid, aren't ya?" she asked casually. "I am too. The name's Cat."
     She noticed then that he seemed rather... tense? She wasn't sure if it was exactly that, but something about his demeanor felt troubled. So she gave him a smile.
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Drachmae : 885

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Achmed Hamlin Thu May 29, 2014 3:12 pm

Achmed smiled back. "yeah i am a child of Apollo. The name is achmed. After one of my favorite drivers got injured that person chose me to race for him and i did. i kept the suit to remember what could have been my carrer.
Achmed Hamlin
Achmed Hamlin

Drachmae : 146

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down