Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Activating the Network [Senior Campers only.]

5 posters

Go down

Activating the Network [Senior Campers only.] Empty Activating the Network [Senior Campers only.]

Post  GeneralArin Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:04 pm

(Okay, please post here if you are a Senior camper...unless you aren't a leader IC. The faster we finish this topic, the faster we can do something.)

Jake arranged the pages and the unassembled node on the table in a sensical order. 
The Hephaestus and Athena cabins did good work over the past semester, and the Network (as they finally agreed to call it, if a bit reluctantly on some of their parts.) was complete. Now all that was left to do was to set it up across the country. 

So, this was the formal meeting between the cabin leaders to officially announce and explain the Network, and to plan out the missions to set it up. There were several major nodes that needed to be installed in locations across the country, which would communicate with each other and the main node here at camp to map out any significant monster or demigod positions, which would update periodically, much like a weather radar. The nodes were in easy to assemble pieces, so it didn't require a techie or brainiac to set up. (They were also easier to carry this way.) 

The pages had the formal specs and explanations, and the unassembled node was a visual aid to help show how to put it together. There were enough copies to distribute between all the leaders, and a few extra for Chiron and any non-camper leaders, for file in case they wanted them. 

Some of the Cabin leaders were here already, and looking over the pages. Jake tapped the table impatiently, waiting for the last few to show up. 

[If you have any doubt whether or not you should be in this post, then PM me. You probably have a pretty good sense on whether or not this topic is meant your your character. At any rate, if your character has been here less than a year, you won't be allowed in.]
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Drachmae : 6263
Location : In my own little world....it's okay: they know me there.

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Hephaestus
Items :

Back to top Go down

Activating the Network [Senior Campers only.] Empty Re: Activating the Network [Senior Campers only.]

Post  Alex Granit Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:40 pm

Conrad stepped into the meeting room in the big house. It felt strange being there whenever there were meetings. It just wasn't a place he tended to hang out often. He was never really the type to get into a lot of trouble, rule wise, and he never talked with Chiron or anything like that so the cabin leader meetings were really the only time he ever stepped foot in the big house.

Conrad looked around to notice that a bunch of leaders were already there, and they looked impatient and Conrad got the idea that he was late. Of course he was late, just his luck. "Sorry, this was not intended" Conrad apologized, scratching the back of his neck embarrassed.
He took a seat and quietly waited for the meeting to begin.

Apparently it was about something called the network that the Athena and Hephaestus kids had been working on for a bit, but Conrad didn't get any more details then that. I guess we'll just have to wait to see how this unfolds Conrad thought. Who knows what it could be, a laser beam targeted on the titans' camp, a cell phone tower designed so that they could go on the internet without attracting monsters. The possibilities were endless, Conrad wasn't sure whether he had enough brain power to think of it all.
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Drachmae : 2272

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Ares
Items :

Back to top Go down

Activating the Network [Senior Campers only.] Empty Re: Activating the Network [Senior Campers only.]

Post  Zach Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:20 pm

Zach walked into the meeting room, somewhat hesitantly. Technically he wasn't the senior camper of Apollo cabin, Wes was. However Wes wasn't in Camp at present. Zach heard a rumor about visiting family or something like that. Zach was the next most senior Camper in Apollo, so he was acting as Interim Head Counselor. It was still hard to believe. Should Wes return, she would get her spot back, with no resistance from him. Zach was alright in leadership positions but not overly fond of them.

He looked around the room and saw Jake sitting at the head of a long table. There were a few other senior campers that he didn't know too well, along with Conrad Granit of Ares cabin. Zach slid into the seat next to Conrad. In front of him was a neat stack of papers deatailing 'the Network,' that he had heard a little about from the Athena and Hephaestus kids.

Zach leaned in front of Conrad and spoke to Jake, "Jake, I'm sure I'm missing something; don't electronics send up beacon-things for monsters when we use them? Is this safe?"
Zach
Zach

Drachmae : 929

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Apollo
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:18 pm

Jake glanced up at Zach when he asked the question. 
"Technically, that's only for things transmitting names, voices, personalities-- like a phone or the internet. But that's kind of what this is counting on-- only more in reverse." Jake said, motioning with his hands as he spoke. 
"It takes the energy signature that a monster or a demigod generates, marks that as a hot-spot, then transmits it to update it on the main hub. But it only really transmits dots on a map, so it's not really any extra danger for anyone nearby or at the main hub. And it only takes in signals, it doesn't call for or send things like a phone or webpage does. And--" 

Jake then realized he was beginning to ramble past the question. "Yes, it's safe," he summed up. "It's a passive system, and doesn't even have the capability to send things."
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Granit Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:10 pm

Conrad glanced up from his papers as Zach and Jake began a conversation on the general safety of this so-called network. " So, once the signal of a demigod pops up we send a satyr or something to retrieve said demi-god? What if this demi-god just happens to be a new born baby or a 30 year old, not that a thirty year old demi-god actually can survive on it's own but hey, you never know. Right?" Conrad inquired Jake, praying that his question wasn't the stupidest question on earth.
"And what about the demi-god's whose positions aren't as significant ? Are we just going to leave them there to fend for themselves?" Conrad asked Jake, again praying that he wasn't a total failure.
The last few times he was in a senior camper meeting all his questions usually ended in a giggle or two from one of the others, and Conrad didn't enjoy getting embarrassed very much. Especially since he went to school and realized how behind he was in the majority of the curriculum.
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:30 pm

Estelle stepped briskly into the meeting room. Unfortunately she had been a minute or so late, and she acknowledged the stares with a brief, apologetic smile. The ravenette slid into her seat. She picked up the papers absentmindedly and flicked through them. She didn't need them, of course. She had helped make this up. Athena and Hephaestus.

Despite her outer calmness, a bubble of excitement began to arouse inside her. This could be the solution to finding the Titan Army. They could monitor them at last, and maybe even defeat them, with careful planning. She looked around carefully.
Estelle
Estelle

Drachmae : 4326

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:04 pm

Jake shrugged. "Yeah, it can't really tell the difference between ages," he admitted, "but it wasn't really meant to help the satyrs find future campers." He hadn't actually thought of that as an application. Whoops. 
He indicated the pages on the table. "It's more for tracking major activity. Monsters, or large group of demigods-- both pretty telling of Titan Army locations and movements." 

He gave a nod to Estelle as she walked in. She had come up with the idea in the first place, not to mention was in charge of the other cabin that played a major role in preparing the Network, Athena Cabin.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Zach Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:53 pm

Zach nodded thoughtfully. "That makes sense. I'm thinking that this may be a risky idea. It seems like a lot of power over people, to know where all the demigods are. And what if someone else gets access, or hacks into the Network?"

Zach shivered at the thought. If questers were out and their positions broadcasted to the Titan Army, it could spell disaster.
Zach
Zach

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Granit Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:33 pm

Conrad wondered silently, then decided to answer " Well, the titan army, if that's who you're talking about, would be able to pinpoint our location due to the strong aura or whatever coming from all these demigods and eventually the camp would plunge into chaos and we would all probably dead" He said, wondering if there was a slight breeze as he and Zach where both shivering a little bit.
"Oh, was that a rhetorical question? I'm still not the best with that" He said a little jokingly but serious at the same time.
He probably shouldn't have said anything, this is a serious thing they where talking about and like usual he was making a joke about it. Classic Conrad, classic.
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:51 pm

Jake frowned at both of them. 
"Everyone already knows where Camp Half-Blood is, and monsters already have no problems tracking down demigods," he pointed out. "The Network won't make it more obvious to anyone but enemy demigods-- the Titan's army, and quite frankly, having a general idea of where they're all located and them learning the location of a few people sounds like a doable trade-off." 

It wasn't like the campers were trained for those exact combat situations, and if there was suddenly a huge group of enemies heading towards a questing group, they could send back-up. Because, then they'd actually know there was a problem
No more shots in the dark. They'd know when an attack was coming towards camp, and they could actually send missions out to deal with problems.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:20 pm

Estelle drummed her fingers on the table. "And," she said pointedly, "I made sure that they won't be able to hack into the thing, at least for some time. After that time, we would most probably already know the headquarters of the Titan Army, like they know ours." she added. The main focus was to find that out, wasn't it? The next step came in monitoring them. She doubted there would be someone smart enough to feed her devices false images in the Titan Army, but that was a risk they had to take.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Axel The Bunny Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:06 am

Axel looked down from the rafters of the rec room, where the meeting of senior campers and Cabin leaders were taking place directly below him. Normally, he didn't care for things like this, but camp was boring and he had heard that this was about something important. Sneaking in before the meeting was easy enough, as was climbing up into the rafters anyway. A lot of it was technical stuff Axel didn’t bother listening to, but when Estelle from the Athena cabin mentioned finding the Titan Camp Axel felt compelled to jump into the conversation, if nothing else than for some entertainment, after all this seemed like it could be interesting.

“And what if they don’t have one centralized base, they could easily have multiple bases all over the country for all you know.” A few of the people had already looked up in surprise obviously not expecting him listening in on this meeting. “And what would stop the Titan Army from breaking these things later on, not like we can guard them all.”
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Drachmae : 1206

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Axel-Hermes. NIx: Hephaestus
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:55 pm

Jake glanced up to see Ax hanging out in the rafters. He raised a brow, and the Hermes Cabin leader seemed upset. 
He shrugged. 
"Then we know where all of their bases are. We have fail-safes and redundant systems, we can repair things that are broken-- I fail to see a problem." He said, getting frustrated with the whole discussion. "We just need to get the main ones set up."
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:04 am

Lily ran a hand through her hair and sighed. She was so late. Of course, she'd been getting ready for the meeting twenty minutes before, but what could you do when her mind decided to relapse and send you a flashback at the last minute? She'd spent the last fifteen minutes curled up in a ball in the corner of her cabin. She looked terrible, and she knew it. The blonde quietly stepped into the room, relieved to see that-was it Axel? Was stealing most of the attention away from her.
"Sorry I'm late," the daughter of Poseidon murmured, before slipping into the room. Finding a seat saved for her-really? Someone thinking that Lily Rivera would be needed for such things?-she sat down on it and stared down at her hands quietly. She'd probably stay like that for the whole time, just trying to melt in with the shadows.

Back to top Go down

Post  Zach Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:03 am

Zach nodded at Lily as she sat next to him, and quietly whispered to her all that had gone on before her arrival. Once he finished, Zach turned back to Jake.

"I'm in agreement. I like the idea, as long as we're careful with it. Let's do this."

Having said his piece, Zach sat back in his chair, waiting for the others' input.
Zach
Zach

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:16 pm

Estelle looked around the table and stood up. "If all your curiosity is quenched for now," she said clearly, "I believe we should start planning how to rig these up around." She twirled a pen between her two fingers.

"There were some people who said that it should be in a form of a quest, and others who argued that it should only take a team of two per rig. Honestly, I don't see the difference, but I suppose the whole thing could be set up quicker with less people. But then, there's tradition, plus the number-3 thing." She looked around once more. "So how will it be? Will it be a full quest or no?" She sat back down to a ripple of murmur.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Zach Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:32 pm

Zach nodded thoughtfully. A large number of questers would leave the Camp weakened, but for less time than a smaller number.

"I'm cool with a quest. We're doing these all over the country right? If so, we could do two simultaneous quests: Three on each time, one on each side of the country. Cut the time in half. We'd have less time to be unprotected without our heroes."
Zach
Zach

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:43 pm

"I can cut that back even further," Jake started, he drew a line across the Northern half of the States with his finger. "I was planning on setting up at least a third myself, and I can borrow Agamemnon to make it quick. He can make good time, even carrying me and the bunch of nodes and watch my back while I set these up."
Jake crossed his arms and leaned back a bit. "He's got the function to help with quests too, and even with the large workload, we'd take a week-- tops," he said confidently. "That leaves one or two other groups to take the Southern states, and that could even be cut down if a few people set them up as they're going home for winter break. The nodes are designed to be simple to set up, so it wouldn't be too bad."

(We'll need at least one group to go, and two groups can go if we can get the people arranged in a sensical order. If we can't get two groups up, we can just assume that NPCs are working on the other ones.)
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Granit Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:45 am

Conrad had begun watching and listening in silence for the last couple of minutes, bored of the conversation and not caring much about the annoying Hermes kid dropping down from the rafters. Plus he didn't really feel as though his input was really required at the moment since they were making many executive decisions without his opinion.

His ears perked up at the mention of a quest, though. He, like most campers, had never gone on a quest before and longed to do so. It would give him a sense of accomplishment in his life. "Well, I'd be willing to go with one of the groups if no-one else minds" Conrad said, trying to be nonchalant.

Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Zach Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:14 pm

"Count me in as well," Zach says. He also had never been on a quest. He had left Camp a few times but never as part of a quest. He was excited about the chance to prove himself and contribute to the Camp, instead being a burden as he had for the past few months. He had helped in one battle, and then pretty much peaced out. It was time to be involved and helpful.
Zach
Zach

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:59 pm

Jake nodded. "Okay, so I guess you two can each get a group up to go,"  he said. "I'll give you your routes later. It shouldn't be too strenuous of a mission, so maybe pull some of the more promising new campers and take them along." 

(Short post is short.)
(Since Jake's taking the Northern half of the US, you have the option of either the Southwest or the Southeast. Just let me know, and I can give you more specific destinations for where the nodes need to go.)
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Granit Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:06 pm

A broad smile appeared on Conrad's face, he was actually going on a quest! It wasn't one that the fate of camp half blood depended on but it was still pretty important! Okay Conrad, calm down. Act cool like everything is completely normal "Awesome, just tell me when to get ready and all that" He said, forcing back his smile, it felt like a birthday to him except without all the presents and cake.

(I'll take the southwest )
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Zach Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:11 pm

"Excellent. Thanks Jake." Zach smiled. He was excited to be contributing to the Camp. And it would be good to get some of the newer Campers some experience on a less dangerous quest.

((I guess that leaves me with southeast. Sorry for my absence. It's been getting a bit busy with school and I had been camping for a week.))
Zach
Zach

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:14 pm

(Oh hey, didn't even notice you posted. It's fine. I'm still getting into the swing of things too.)
(Okay, I think I got both of your quest locations sent out, so go ahead and pick your own route and such. Remember, the only place you need to visit is your major node location. The minor ones are optional, go to as many or as few as you like.)

Jake gave a sharp nod.
"Right. That's settled then, let's get ready."

(There. Short wrap up post to be officially done with this.)

[As a note: Zach and Alex are quest leaders. They have the mission objectives at hand, and get to manage the mission however they like. Zach is going to the Southeast, and Alex is going to the Southwest. Jake is heading to the north, but he doesn't have an open quest group.]
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum