Harnessing the Power of Demeter

Go down

Harnessing the Power of Demeter

Post  Chase Knight on Wed May 26, 2010 5:28 pm

Chase Knight the Jungle Boy walked casually through the forest, not even bothering to unsheath his sword, Rosebriar. He'd been running around in the woods since he was just a seven year old and now knew most of the dryads and other plants. He also found it relaxing to converse with the wildlife as well. The forest itself was just a relaxing place. When Chase was there, he was close to his mother, the last remaining connection to his family that he had. Chase had been born in Paris, France. He'd only been there for a few years, for his father was constantly searching in the forests of Brazil for new wildlife. Perhaps that had been the reason Demeter was so attracted to Chase's father. Chase had excelled greatly in whatever he did there, seing as the forest was his domin. He liked thinking of it as Demeter helping him, for he had only been seven years old.

After eight years, not much had changed about the son of Demeter. His blonde hair had grown perhaps a bit longer, and his features had maybe become a bit mre defined. Still, since Chase had come into the Big City, his attire hadn't changed in the slightest. He was wearing beige cargo shorts with a spotless white T-shirt. Of course, he was barefoot.

Jungle Boy sat on the ground and closed his eyes in profound meditation. Chase thought he heard a voice behind him....perhaps sensed was a better word. He and the forest were one and he could feel someone walking across the soft dirt. Chase made no move to attack. Instead he kept his eyes shut. "Qui est la?" Who's there? he'd asked in French. Then he realized that not everybody spoke French. "My apologies. Who are you? I am Chase Knight, son of Demeter." Chase did not hold out his hand, though. They remained by his side, ready to make a giant vine sprout and crush the demigod if needed.
Chase Knight

Drachmae : 36

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Harnessing the Power of Demeter

Post  Aiden Shane on Thu May 27, 2010 10:10 pm

Aiden walked through the forest, completely at ease. He'd been going through those forests for years, since he was just an adolescent youth. Well, he still was an adolescent youth, but not as naive.

Aiden's converse snapped a twig and it broke, making a loud cracking sound. That's when the son of Morpheus noticed a boy sitting on the ground. The boy on the ground looked a lot like Aiden did. They both had blonde hair and blue eyes, they looked like they could be about the same height. Still, there were differences. The boy on the ground had a more rugged look to him. His hair was grown out, his cargo shorts were frayed. Aiden, in comparison, had clean cut hair that was partially wavy and partially straight. He wore black jeans and a gray jacket over a dull orange shirt. His shoes were the same dull orange as his shirt, only they had flecks of gray on them.

The boy introduced himself as Chase Knight, son of Demeter. Aiden recalled seeing this boy running around the forest when they were children, though they'd never spoken. "Pas de probleme. Vous savez le francais?" No problem, Aiden had said. You speak French?"I'm Aiden Shane, son of Morpheus. Nice to meet you, Chase."
Aiden Shane

Drachmae : 84

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chase Knight on Sat May 29, 2010 11:43 pm

Chase was shocked that this boy knew French, but he was glad that he wasn't the only person at camp who knew the language. Chase only knew certain words in English, distinctive little chunks. And even those words were marred by his half Brazilian, half French accent. "Pleased to meet you, Aiden. To answer your question, yes, I do speak French. I was born in France, but my father worked in the forests of Brazil so we lived in a.....village," He struggled to find words, but his vocabulary was so limited. Why wasn't there just a universal language that everybody spoke? "I suppose you can call me a Jungle Boy."

With a quick grin, Chase realized that he'd seen this boy when he was little. They'd both run through the forest, but in the daytime and at night, but they'd never spoken to each other. Back then, Chase had thought it was a reflection of himself, though he didn't know what was reflecting it. "Watch this." Chase gave a sly smile and clenched his right fist. He then raised his hand and the dirt mound in front of him began to shake, sifting away the soil. Out from the Earth rose a throne made out of white marble. It glittered in the sun, reflecting rays that were almost blinding. "Cool, huh? You're a son of Morpheus, right? That sounds cool. What can you do?"
Chase Knight

Drachmae : 36

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Orion Levi on Sun May 30, 2010 5:41 pm

(I gotta join this one)

Matt Levi walked through the forest, wearing his standard "Son of Nyx" clothing style. Well, there wasn't really a standard style for the children of Nyx, so he'd made one up, considering he was the only child of Nyx. Matt was dressed in a black T-shirt with artfully faded gray jeans and a gray jacket with its hood partially obscuring his face from view. He was wearing black plaid DC shoes. Matt was so deep in the forest, he doubted he was even inside the borders of camp anymore.

As Matt walked on, he found that he got increasingly bored in the forest. Such things hadn't happened when he'd been a ten year old boy laughing with his mother and half-brothers in the middle of the night. Matt looked at his hands and noticed something odd...or it would be found odd by most people. Then again, Matt was not most people. All around him was black. He radiated the power of his mother, the goddess of night. He radiated night just as Apollo radiated sunlight or perhaps Hades radiated death. Matt didn't dare compare himself with the gods, though, for he saw Clash of the Titans a month before when he'd gone into the mortal world to visit the graves of his father, mother, and seven-year-old step-sister.

Matt walked into a small clearing near a creek and saw two boys speaking to one another. The boys looked similar, so Matt's initial thought was that they were brothers. He'd heard the paler boy introduce himself as Aiden Shane, son of Morpheus. Cool, so there are other minors at camp. Matt leaned against a tree and conjured two balls of darkness in either hand. He began juggling them and he listened to the two boys converse. Both of the boys spoke French. Matt had never learned French, but he knew Portugese and a small bit of Afrikaans. Deciding to make his presence known, Matt stepped forward and cleared his throat. "Hello," He grinned and the darkness in his hands poofed to nothingness. "I'm Matthew Levi, son of Nyx." He didn't dare use his real name. Ugh. How he hated t
he name Orion.
Orion Levi

Drachmae : 49

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:51 pm

Whitney stepped in the light, suprising everyone. He then calmly said "Hello. I'm Whitney, son of Athena. Oh, and I speak a little French.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down