Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newcomer at the Athena Cabin

2 posters

Go down

Newcomer at the Athena Cabin Empty Newcomer at the Athena Cabin

Post  Fante Aloe Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:33 pm

Dante walked into his cabin with his suitcase with the necessities, nervous about who are in the cabin. "Hello?", Dante asked. "I have been claimed by Athena, and I could use some help getting around here".
Fante Aloe
Fante Aloe

Drachmae : 40

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Newcomer at the Athena Cabin Empty Re: Newcomer at the Athena Cabin

Post  Charlie L Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:49 pm

Charlie had been walking out of the Athena cabin, a cabin she rarely had reason to go to since they generally stayed out of her business. But this time a camper in the cabin had borrowed money from her for a new computer or book or something, she really didn't know. The important thing was she had just collected most of it.
So it was with a satisfied smirk that she ran across a boy who was apparently a new camper, since for one thing she didn't recognize him and another he had all but said so himself by saying he was newly claimed.
"I could show you around, but it'll cost you a favor or two." Charlie said, since favors were just as good as money, even better considering they could be called in to make more of it.
Especially when everyone went to her for the latest gossip or information on things going on in camp. Stirring things up to get more business was rarely too difficult with the help of a few favors.

(Hope you don't mind me hoping in instead of an Athena kid, but i don't think any are active right now so...)
Charlie L
Charlie L

Drachmae : 176

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Aphrodite
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Fante Aloe Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:11 pm

(I don't. Thanks for the help)

Dante was grateful. After all, he was alone for the past week or two. "Hi, name's Dante." He extended his hand to shake Charlie's hand. He had a warm smile, but he was wary of her. "My mom left my dad after 9/11, when the troops were deployed. So, when I approached the camp, an owl came. Same one that followed me since I entered New York. What's your name?"
Fante Aloe
Fante Aloe

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie L Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:22 pm

Charlie raised a brow when the boy started spouting exposition.
"Wow dude, I really don't need the life story." She shook his hand, though she could read the guy pretty well.
He was giving her a smile, but she could tell he was wary of her. She gave him an innocent look, not a difficult thing with her childlike appearance.
"I'm Charlie....so you said you were new around here then?"
Charlie L
Charlie L

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Fante Aloe Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:27 pm

"Yeah.  Came here about an hour or two ago.  I was just wondering what to do".  Dante was starting to like Charlie. He also could tell who her Olympian parent was when she gave him an innocent look.
Fante Aloe
Fante Aloe

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie L Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:49 pm

Charlie raised an eyebrow, she wasn't really doing anything at the moment, so she figured she could help the guy.
She decided that she might as well, since she would have to track Tony down anyways and if she ended up having to give the new camper a tour then she could at least multi-task. Or maybe he'd already been through the Big house and she could just go find Tony.
She'd need him to get some money back from a certain Ares kid anyways, but she could delay that little errand a bit.
"Well I guess I could help you since I'm not doing anything right now. Have you gone to the Big House yet?"
Charlie L
Charlie L

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Fante Aloe Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:57 pm

Dante was intrigued. He has seen the Big House, but didn't bother going in. He was tired from carrying his stuff and wanted to put it down. "Sure."
Fante Aloe
Fante Aloe

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie L Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:57 pm

(jeez,, ya can't give me more to work with?)

Charlie shrugged and lead the way, though she decided to talk to the new person.
After all one never knew when information could be helpful, or when other people might want said information and be willing to pay her for it.
Not that she wouldn't find out anyways, but why bother using her other methods when she could learn enough to keep the gossip hounds in her cabin occupied. Let alone those throughout camp.
"So...where did you say you were from again?"
Charlie L
Charlie L

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Fante Aloe Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:14 am

"I'm from Dearborn, birthplace of the Model T. ", Dante said with pride.  He could also tell that Charlie would want something in return with leading him to the Big House.  "What about you?"
Fante Aloe
Fante Aloe

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie L Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:06 am

(lol she pretty much stated she'd want something so)
"My dad traveled for work, so I kinda grew up all over." Charlie answered automatically. She really wasn't much for goiing exposition to random strangers, but either at the answer was close enough to the truth that it didn't matter.
She had been to Dearborn a couple of times, but the blonde really had been all over, so she really couldn't remember much about the place.
"So what's there to do there?"
Charlie L
Charlie L

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Fante Aloe Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:09 pm

(Sorry it took so long. I thought I posted a reply.)

"Not too much. One of our biggest attractions is Greenfield Village, where a bunch of historical buildings are arranged in a village setting. And they have historical significance. For example, there is a cabin where Robert Frost lived and the court house that Abraham Lincoln was an attorney at. And there is a homecoming festival every year there. And you can tour a factory on the Rouge River." And as Dante explained what to do in Dearborn, a sense of pride filled him. After all, Henry Ford was born therre and built his first factory there.
Fante Aloe
Fante Aloe

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie L Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:25 pm

Charlie wasn't really all that interested in history, she understood the importance of such thing, but never put much of an active interest in learning about it.
Nor was she intending to take up such an interest at this time, since she didn't really care much about it.
They were getting closer to the Big house now, and Charlie realized that she still hadn't seen Tony around.
The lazy bum was probably doing something stupid right now, especially with nobody to keep the idiot from pissing somebody off.
"Well, I've got to go on an idiot hunt, I'm sure you can make it there yourself right?"
Plus she didn't really think she'd learn anything of interest or that could be potentially profitable, so the blonde decided it was probably time to cut her loses. Anything really interesting she'd just find out in other ways.
(meh sorry but we can continue RPing in a different topic because this wasn't going anywhere so...)
Charlie L
Charlie L

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Fante Aloe Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:28 pm

"Yeah, I can. Thanks for the help."
Fante Aloe
Fante Aloe

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie L Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:48 pm

"But remember, you still owe me a favor." Charlie called back while walking in the general direction of the Lake.
Charlie L
Charlie L

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Fante Aloe Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:26 pm

"I'll remember. Don't you worry." A sort of anxiety filled Dante when she said that. But he pushed it out of his mind and headed out.
Fante Aloe
Fante Aloe

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down