Relaxation (open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Relaxation (open)

Post  Charlie L on Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:11 pm

Charlie wasn't a person known to be idle for very long.
Most people who actually knew her knew she wasn't the type of person prone to bouts of laziness.
So anyone who knew the small blonde girl would assume she had a particular reason to be laying about on the sand, most likely one involving money.The truth of the matter was however she simply didn't feel like doing anything today, the water was too cold for swimming at the moment, being that they were in New York during winter.
So Charlie had chosen instead to simply lounge on the beach, rather than doing anything in particular at the moment.
Charlie L

Drachmae : 176

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Aphrodite
Items :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Relaxation (open)

Post  Alvin on Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:11 pm

Laera was pissed.
Her phone was running dangerously low on battery, and some dumb Hermes kid told her to meet him on the beach to talk about terms for smuggling in a phone charger for her. It was going to cost her, no doubt. But money had never really been an issue. She just didn't like that this kid seemed so smug, like this gave him some hold over her. Dumb jerk.
The rich demigod stormed across the sand, texting one of her friends from school about how her mom had sent her back to the dumb summer camp for the winter, and not really paying attention to where she was going. She pulled her cardigan closer around herself as the wind blew. Beaches were stupid and pointless in any other season than the summer. She wasn't surprised that nobody else was here.
Or so she thought.
Laera let out a yelp as she stepped on something weird that made her lose her balance and was sent sprawling to the ground. "Ptah!" She frantically brushed at her face and mouth, absolutely disgusted by the idea of getting sand in her mouth. She whirled around to find that she had tripped over a person. "Watch it!" she spat.
Then she recognized the person. It was that girl she had seen around a couple of times during the summer, the girl that looked oddly familiar. Laera wasn't sure enough to voice her suspicions, but she felt like they might've gone to the same school at some point. Surely there wasn't someone she actually knew who'd happen to go to this exact camp for weirdos. She couldn't be that unlucky.
She noticed that she was still sitting on the ground, and scrambled to her feet, glaring at the girl.

Last edited by Alvin on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Alvin

Drachmae : 65

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie L on Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:42 pm

Charlie had been fairly preoccupied with thoughts of moneymaking schemes as well as pondering certain information she had learned recently, as well as how to spin rumors in the most interesting way possible using that information.
So it was no surprise she hadn't noticed the other demigod currently on the beach, at least not until somebody actually tripped over her.
Being stepped on was not a fun way for people to get her attention, and Charlie glared at the girl responsible, it didn't matter that it was likely accidental.
The girl who had tripped over her was another blonde, though the other girl's hair seemed to be a different shade and she was noticeably taller to the short girl's annoyance.
There was a vague sense of recognition as well, and Charlie knew she had seen this girl somewhere before. Charlie wasn't surprised by that too much, as she knew most people in camp, even the ones that didn't know her.
Then the girl told HER to watch it, and Charlie managed to hide her irritation at the rudeness. instead she settled for a calculating look rather than an outright scowl or glare at the moment.
A look that was known to drain the wallets of those on the receiving end of it when she was involved.
"I'm not the one stepping on people here."
Charlie's sharp mind was already trying to figure out just how much money she could get from this girl, judging by the expensive clothing, she'd be more than happy with the answer.
Charlie L

Character sheet
Items :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alvin on Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:18 pm

The girl gave her an odd look that Laera didn't really understand. And then she had the nerve to jab at her for being the one who had stepped on her. She drew back in surprised offense upon hearing it. Well!
For a second, she was at a loss on what to retort to that, then shot back, "I'm not the one sitting on the beach in the middle of winter. How was I supposed to notice you?" Like, it wasn't her fault, she was busy. The girl didn't seem like she was doing anything important, she should've been the one to notice Laera walking over and get out of the dang way.
Alvin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie L on Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:29 pm

"The gods gave you these things called eyes, I recommend using them."
Charlie was, slightly irritated at the other girl's attitude. It reminded her of the rich girl's that she had attended school with before coming to camp.
The girl seemed legitimately surprised or perhaps offended at the insinuation that she had been at fault...which wwas just what the particularly spoiled kids would act like. Something in Charlie's mind was practically screaming at her that she knew this girl but Charlie still couldn't put her finger on who it was.,Aside from a random person she'd seen around camp.
Then something else came to mind.
"Why the hell are you even here anyways?"

Last edited by Charlie L on Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Charlie L

Character sheet
Items :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alvin on Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:51 pm

Laera's jaw dropped in shock at the girl's remark. "Y-you--"
The girl asked her another question before she could respond. Laera opened her mouth, then closed it, crossing her arms. "None of your business," she declared. This girl didn't need to know that she was here to make deals with lowly Hermes campers just for her dumb phone battery. "Why are you here, then? Who do you even think you are, asking stupid questions like that," she added scornfully.
Alvin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie L on Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:06 pm

Charlie smirked at the other girl, who obviously couldn't think of any comebacks.
She assumed the reason for the girl's presence was likely something she'd find out about anyways, possibly was something she didn't want others to know about, and that by itself was enough for some potential retaliation in itself.
Just dropping hints that the girl was  meeting somebody on the beach would be enough to get her siblings spreading rumors and gossip of all types.
She assumed the girl was likely meeting somebody, otherwise why would she have come here, and be trying to hide her reasons to do so.
Whether or not the rumors her cabinmates fabricated unknowingly were true didn't really concern Charlie.
"Maybe I just like laying on the beach."  Charlie remarked rolling her eyes at the girl's attitude again.
"And I'm fairly sure I was Charlie last time I checked."

Last edited by Charlie L on Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Charlie L

Character sheet
Items :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alvin on Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:54 pm

Laera's indignance at the girl's sarcastic response and eye roll was put aside for the moment when the girl told her what her name was. Charlie. She remembered now--she had known a Charlie Gavin back in elementary school. They had been in different grades, so they hadn't interacted much, but Laera was sure now that it was the same person.
"Charlie Gavin?" she asked, eyes narrowed. She didn't say more than that just yet, on the off chance that she was wrong.
Alvin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie L on Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:05 pm

Charlie raised an eyebrow when the girl seemed to recognize her name.
Which meant she actually did know her from somewhere, and after a moment remembered a girl with similar features from her days at school, though back then she hadn't concerned herself as much with learning information.
So she knew where and when she'd known this girl but didn't recall who it was at the moment.
"I knew you seemed familiar...Larry?" She knew the name wasn't right, but close enough.
Charlie L

Character sheet
Items :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alvin on Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:05 am

The girl appeared to be thinking... and then her changing expression told Laera that she had been right about her identity. She both felt satisfied at being correct, and not too happy that someone she used to know had found her here, in this nerd camp. How embarrassing.
And then Charlie guessed her name. And got it way wrong.
"Laera, she snapped. "Laera Alvin. Where'd you even get Larry from? Some girls are normal, you know, and don't choose to use a guy's name, Charlie."
Something occurred to her, and she raised a single critical eyebrow as she looked over her former schoolmate. "It's been, what, three years or something? You still look, like, twelve."
Alvin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie L on Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:15 am

Charlie blinked at the girl with mock innocence.
"But you look like a Larry."
She scowled at the comment regarding her appearance, and reacted by kicking the taller girl in the shin.
"I just haven't hit my growth spurt yet!!!" Charlie responded raising her voice.

Last edited by Charlie L on Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Charlie L

Character sheet
Items :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alvin on Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:03 am

Laera felt a jolt of anger when Charlie Gavin said she looked like a Larry. How dare she--
"Ow!" she yelled as a small foot struck her on the shin. She stared in angry amazement at the shorter girl's outburst. Her height was a very sensitive topic, it seemed. Laera would've felt prouder of finding her weak point if her shin didn't hurt like hell. "You're not gonna hit your growth spurt, midget!" she yelled, limping back to get out of kicking range. "Ow." She just had to kick her, didn't she. Freaking violent girl. No sense of decency.
Alvin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie L on Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:28 am

Charlie glared at the taller girl.
Logically she knew she probably wouldn't end up tall, but the idea of being stuck looking like a pre-teen was not appealing.
The idea of her not growing had of course been thought of, but Charlie purposefully avoided that particular subject.
So after an attempt to retaliate for the insinuation, which was unfortunately dodged. Charlie merely closed the distance after her first failed attempt and kicked the girl in her other shin.
"What are you even doing here Alvin? I know you aren't staying year-round."
Charlie L

Character sheet
Items :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alvin on Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:28 am

Laera tried to get out of the way when Charlie stepped forward to aim another kick at her, but with one of her legs being injured, it was practically impossible, so now both of her shins hurt like hell. She fell on her rear, both legs stinging way too much to be any help with carrying her weight, and glared daggers at the girl from her spot on the ground.
"You're right, I'm not staying year-round," she said, the anger clear in her voice. "I'm--" she started, dropping her gaze to study her nails before continuing. "My mom sent me here." She ran her thumb casually over the glittery polish on her fingers. "I won't be here for long, of course," she said matter-of-factly. "I'm going back to school once the winter break's over, continuing my education unlike the rest of these brats." She glanced distastefully back in the direction of the camp. Then her eyes cut towards Charlie. "And you... Gavin?" she asked mockingly.
She was definitely wary of insulting the girl to her face again, but she silently took more satisfaction in knowing she had grown a lot taller than her, and looked older even if she was actually two years younger.
Alvin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie L on Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:58 am

Charlie rolled her eyes at the rather pathetic display.
It wasn't like she had kicked Laera that hard, heck she usually kicked Tony much harder than that.
The other girl mentioned her mother and  Charlie had a feeling there was more to it than what she was told, but decided not to pry much for now.
"Yeah they're the brats."  Charlie quipped
She looked up when the richgirl asked her own plans, though she doubted Laera really cared.
"No real reason to leave camp, and I'd probably just get killed going out anyways." Charlie answered.
It was true she'd been in camp for years and knew her own weapons well, however Charlie had no illusions about her combat abilities.
Physically she was probably one of the weakest demigods of her age group, and while her weapon choice and combat style compensated that by favoring range, or speed in the case of her hidden blade...it simply didn't seem worth the risk.

Last edited by Charlie L on Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Charlie L

Character sheet
Items :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alvin on Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:16 am

The eye-rolls were really starting to get on her nerves.
And so were the sarcastic digs. She scowled at Charlie, fuming over being called a brat. Her eyebrows furrowed, and she gave the girl a strange look when she said she'd get killed outside of camp. How dramatic. So she was just going to hole herself up in this dump? Oh wait, sorry, camp. She had heard the whole 'monsters in the real world make it unsafe for demigods' shtick when she first arrived, and it honestly didn't impress her at all. She had never encountered any trouble with any so-called Greek monsters. It was stupid. Probably just fear-mongering. Of course, she wasn't considered a 'stronger demigod' so she had less risk, according to the dumb half-horse who called himself the activities director, since her father wasn't an Olympian. The thought only made her scowl more, so she shoved it aside.
"No real reason?" she questioned. "So you fully intend on staying in here for the rest of your life," she deadpanned. "And do what with your life."
When her mother had told her she was to stay at camp during the winter break as well as during the summer, Laera had honestly gotten a bit worried. She only saw the real world when she was at boarding school. She hadn't seen her sister face-to-face for months. What were her mother's plans for her? She didn't want to end up like a year-rounder once her education was complete. She had always assumed she'd work for her mother, or, or... something. Live in the Bahamas off of the billions they had in savings. Get followed around by paparazzi and be admired by the world. And in the meantime, she'd have all her friends and her free time to do whatever she wanted... or that was what she thought. Instead, she was here.
Alvin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie L on Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:17 pm

"I never said that, I just don't have anything waiting out in the normal world for me right now."
The sad fact was that her statement was true,  with her father in prison there was no real reason for her to go back, plus the simple fact was that she didn't want to end up dead.
She did leave camp sometimes, mostly so she could visit her father but the blonde con-girl didn't really have anything else that she'd really wanna risk monster encounters with.
While it was true she didn't attract monsters like some demigods she still did have a few run-ins before.
"Or maybe I'll get unlucky and the Fates will drop a prophecy on me."
Charlie L

Character sheet
Items :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alvin on Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:42 am

Laera felt a bit bitter and resentful when Charlie said she had nothing waiting for her in the normal world. Well, she had just about everything waiting for her. Who cared if Charlie didn't? It wasn't fair that she had to be stuck here too.
She raised an eyebrow when the girl mentioned the Fates and prophecies. She rolled her eyes.
"Don't worry, you're probably not important enough for one," she sniffed. Prophecies sounded stupid anyway.
Alvin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie L on Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:05 am

Charlie wasn't exactly under illusions about becoming some major demigod, and honestly wasn't too interested in quests in general.
Unless they involved treasure of course, that would probably change things. Still she raised an eyebrow at Laera's remark, which almost reminded her of some of the children from a certain Olympian's cabin.
"Looks like somebody has a superiority complex." She noted.
Charlie L

Character sheet
Items :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alvin on Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:26 am

Laera's jaw dropped. She stammered wordlessly for a moment, unable to speak. "E-excuse me!" she spluttered angrily at last. "I do not!"
Furious, she scrambled to her feet, the pain in her shins having faded. "Y-you--" Laera pointed a finger at Charlie, trying to form words that were being hindered by the stormy part of her mind. "Stay away from me!" she snapped finally before whirling around and stomping away.
Alvin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top