Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Child of Noise (Kristina)

3 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Child of Noise (Kristina) Empty The Child of Noise (Kristina)

Post  Dominic Moss Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:04 pm

Dominic had been at camp for little more than an hour, and in that hour he had questioned his sanity more than any other point of his life. He stood in front of the grand building with a bewildered expression on his face.
He had just listened to a creature that was both part man and part horse explain to him how the Greek gods were both alive and living in America and that he, Dominic Moss, a reasonably normal fifteen year old boy, was the son of one of these gods. He had then gone on to explain how monsters were real as well and that Camp half Blood was one of the only places that could possibly protect him from all the horrible things they would do to him.
'Wow.' Dominic mumbled as he stared out at the camp, a blank look on his face. He had worn the expression through the entire oreintation and whenever he had been asked anything his only response had been; wow.
Kristina stood near him. She had been by his side during the whole ordeal. It was very likely that she thought that he may have gone insane. Right now, Dominic couldn't be sure that he hadn't.
'Wow.' He said again before suddenly slapping himself across the face in an attempt to break himself out of the trance, 'Wow-I mean, so...that just happened. The meeting with a middle aged horse man?'

Last edited by Dominic Moss on Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Drachmae : 2295

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

The Child of Noise (Kristina) Empty Re: The Child of Noise (Kristina)

Post  Kristina Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:07 pm

((umm... chiron is only played by admin... he is an NPC and all NPCs are only to be played by the admin sorry))
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Drachmae : 4543

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Posieden
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:29 pm

((I was going to have another admin play Chiron but okay...))

"His name is Chiron. And yes, everything you just went through really happened. Every single person here has gone through it and felt the same way you are probably feeling right now." Kris walked over to him and rubbed his back like she would for anyone. "You will get used to it, trust me. Everything here will be normal one day." Kris smiled gently at him like she had been since she met the kid.
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:12 pm

'Normal? Really?' Dominic laughed a little bitterly, 'I just got told that I'm going to be hunted for the rest of my life and that the reason my Dad didn't stick around was because he was a god. How normal is that?' Dominic asked trying not to let his temper get the better of him, but it wasn't working too well.
'How can any of this be considered normal! Its crazy!' Dominic exclaimed and gestured to the entire camp as if it were the most offensive sight in the world, 'I mean, how did you cope with it when you found out your parent was a god? Just shrug it off and start sending christmas cards to Olympus?'

ooc: Nah its fine, wanted the explanation out of the way, Chiron would have only been about for a post or two
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:15 pm

"I use the term normal relatively. Meaning, you will get used this life." Kris had a feeling he was going to freak out when he got the whole dish on the situation. "When I first learned that my dad was a god, I was a lot younger than you are now and in a whole different situation. So I had to quickly get over any problems I had with the situation and just start my new life." She was getting defensive about the camp. This was going to be his home and he just could accept it and on top of that he was starting to be rude. She decided to put it bluntly to him. "If you want a 'normal' life, you better get used to this one, and you better do it quickly."
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:20 pm

He watched her as she lectured him. Her words were serious and wise, but the look in her eyes was what explained the bigger picture. In that moment he saw a girl who had spent years living this crazy life. A person who had adapted, become strong and learned how to survive. iff anyone knew how hard being a demigod was, then it was her.
'Your Dad.' He spoke suddenly, 'Who is he?' He asked, changing the subject.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:22 pm

Kris breathed before speaking. "Poseidon god of the sea. I am a child of what we call the Big Three." She calmed down, letting her temper that was flaring cool.
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:32 pm

'So you've not only lived this life longer, but you're important as well?' Dominic spoke unable to keep the surprise out of his voice. He hadn't paid that much attention in school when they had learned about Greek mythology, but one thing he knew clearly was that Poseidon, Zeus and Hades were three of the biggest Gods. The idea that a daughter of the god of the sea was standing before him was so huge that he almost freaked out all over again.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:26 pm

"I am not important... I just have to protect myself more than anyone else. Big Three children tend to attract monsters more than the other demi-gods." Kris shrugged off the thought. She smiled at him and then changed the subject. "So you ready for your tour? You can ask questions all you want while we walk."
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:31 pm

'Sure.' Dominic said and offered a smile, 'But for the record I think that needing to defend more than anyone else sounds pretty important to me.' He said before motioning for her to lead the way. A thought suddenly struck him and he let out a curse, 'Is there a pay phone around here? The cyclops busted up my phone during the attack and I could really do with telling my stepdad what happened to me?'
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:40 pm

"Demigods aren't allowed to use cell phones. It gives up our position to monsters. But there is a secure line in the front room of the house that you may use right now. But don't be too long." Kris pointed in the direction of the phone.
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:08 pm

He nodded and jogged over to the phone. Jabbing in the number for Harold's mobile phone. He felt terrible as the phone began to ring, Harold and Clyde were probably worried sick. The last time he had seen them was when the Cyclops had been tearing their hotel room in two. That had been almost three or four days ago.
On the second ring the phone picked up. For a moment Dominic could hear Harold on the other end of the line telling Clyde to go get a coffee. It sounded busy, like they were still in New York.
'Harold?' Dominic asked, keeping his nerves at bay.
'Are you at Camp Half Blood Dominic?' Harold's voice asked and for a moment Dominc wondered if he misheard him.
'Yes I-Wait Harold you know about-'
'Yes. I know about you Dominic. I know what you are and I know where you are. Are you ok?' Harold asked, his voice full of concern.
'Yeah...I'm fine.' Dominic replied, 'Harold, how do you know about all this?'
'Your mother told me long ago Dominic. I've always known this would happen. I'd like to fill you in, but right now we can't risk it. Hang up and we'll talk more later. Ask them to show you how to send an Iris message ok?'
'Ok.' Dominic replied. There was so much he wanted to ask, but he couldn't think of what to say. With some effort he managed to get one question out from his lips, 'Harold, do you know who my dad is?'
There was no reply at first, then Harold spoke softly, 'I do. He'll claim you soon Dominic, don't worry. He's sworn to claim you. Now take care Dominic, your brother and I love you.'
And with that he hung up.
Dominic walked back to Kris looking more bewildered than ever, but he didn't say anything about the phone call to her. He just motioned for her to lead on.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:33 pm

((We will just do the tour in this topic instead of switching again))

Kris nodded and began walking back toward the main camp. "Just don't forget to ask questions whenever you have. It makes it easier on my part..." The first thing they passed was the volleyball courts. She points over at it. "That over there is the volleyball court. Most everyone plays there when they have nothing better to do." A few campers were playing a two on two game.
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:49 pm

'Should try that. Been in a few volley ball tournaments down at Florida beaches.' Dominic said, trying to sound positive. The phone call was still playing on his mind.
'Do any monsters get through?' Dominic asked, 'I know Chiron told me that there was a barrier around this place, but is that a hundred percent safe? Do the monsters ever find a way through?'
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:54 pm

"Only if they are summoned from within camp. But that would mean that we have a traitor in our midst and we do not want that happening again. It happened a long time a ago,like before I got here. Other than that, this place is safe. There are a few monsters but they are locked up and only used for demonstrations and practice." Kris hoped that didn't freak him out too much or scare him.
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:04 pm

'Like what exactly?' He asked. The idea of living in the same place as monsters wasn't particularly comforting, but he didn't let it get to him. The rest of the camp had been trained for this sort of thing after all.
Despite this rational view Dominic noticed that he had reached behind him and grabbed at the handle of his guitar that hung from his back by a strap. He had no idea why, but having the guitar close to him helped him feel a little more safe.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:18 pm

"I can't remember exactly, I will show you when we get to the arena. To be honest, I don't even know if we have any in camp right now." Kris turned to face Dominic and saw him clutching his guitar. "You can relax you know. Don't get too worked up about anything. As I said, it is safe here."
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:03 am

He nodded and let go of his guitar. He couldn't help but wonder what he was planning on doing with his guitar if they did encounter a monster. It had done a good job at smashing apart a cyclops, but that wouldn't last. It was a fake second hand guitar after all, another hit would probably smash it to pieces.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:24 pm

"Well come on." Kris started walking towards the arts and crafts pavilion. Once again she pointed at the spot and called out the name. "That's the arts and crafts pavilion. It's a lot of fun in there. I like to finger paint when I go, it's relaxing."
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:42 pm

'I'll keep it in mind.' He said and managed a smile, 'Where do we eat? I'm getting a little hungry.' He said and patted his stomach, 'Do they serve that ambrosia and nectar? That stuff was good.'
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:25 pm

"Um. no they don't... That stuff is strictly medicinal. As I told you earlier, it's the food of the gods, that stuff can kill humans. But since we are half god half human, we can eat small amounts and it will heal us. But too much will burn us from the inside out. So our Mess Hall serves regular food, but I think lunch is over and so the food is all gone now... Which makes me sad cause I was hungry too." Kris' stomach growled again and she smiled sheepishly. "But there are snack in the camp store. We can make a stop there when reach it."
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:36 pm

'Thats a shame. I haven't had pancakes and lemon sorbet that good since my mom was alive.' Dominic said with a sigh, but his expression lightened up at the prospect of snacks, 'Now that sounds like a good idea.' He said and grinned broadly.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:41 pm

"Come on we will head there now. And then I will take you to the cabins to relax. You shouldn't be walking around too much. Actually... I have snacks in my cabin... so we can head that way and stop there for a second. Sound good to you, or would you rather go to the camp store?"
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:48 pm

'Are you always this nice to new people at camp?' Dominic asked, 'Sorry, thats not really an answer, but I'm just a bit surprised.' He said and stared at her curiously, 'You barely know me but in one day you've promised to show me around this place, talked me out of freaking out and have said you'll protect me. Are you really nice or is this just what you do?'
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:56 pm

Kris stifled a laugh. "I am always nice to the new kids at camp." She looked away for a second. "It's normally what the most experienced has to do. Be nice to everyone but in the end be their worst nightmare. I am the sword-fighting trainer and I normally break in all the new kids at sword practice. Trust me, you will learn to hate my guts, I will try to kill you in sword practice." She chuckled and looked at him, hoping he wasn't too spooked.
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next