Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Break from Reality [OPEN to anyone]

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

A Break from Reality [OPEN to anyone] Empty A Break from Reality [OPEN to anyone]

Post  Kristina Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:03 pm

Kris's clothes were strewn on the beach, her pants and shirt laying neatly in the sand. She herself was actually floating in the water in a bikini. It was the only place she could truly think and not be bothered with the worries of camp. It would be better if she was out of the camp boundaries but that wouldn't happen. She was still treated as a camper and wasn't allowed to leave whenever she felt. SO that meant no random drives in her car and no random boat rides to the middle of no where. Instead she solemnly floated in the water of the sound surrounded by fish who kept trying to get her to play. She wasn't in the mood to lay though, her mind was just beyond flustered. Too many things trying to be sorted out at once and it just wasn't working. What she really needed was to talk it out with someone and she considered the fish, but fish are too big of gossips and whatever she told them could end up being told in China by the end of the day. So with the fish out of option, that left absolutely no one to talk to on the beach.
After a few more minutes of just floating in the water, Kris ducked completely under the water to soak her head and swam back to shore. As she emerged from the water, she brushed her newly dyed blonde hair back and sat down on the sand near her clothes. The waves just barely came up to her toes before the sound pulled them back. Kris stared at the clouds in the sky and at the sun's reflection on the water. she wrapped her arms around her knees and just stared off, water still dripping from her body.
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Drachmae : 4543

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Posieden
Items :

Back to top Go down

A Break from Reality [OPEN to anyone] Empty Re: A Break from Reality [OPEN to anyone]

Post  Dominic Moss Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:44 pm

Dominic lay still on the far end of the beach with his guitar in his arms and his aviator sun glasses balanced in a messy fashion on his face. He had fallen asleep on the beach hours ago after giving up on archery practice. Although he could shoot the wings off a fly with his crossbow a regular bow and arrow seemed to feel like a time bomb in his hands.
His fingers flicked at the strings of his guitar softly in his sleep. His snore carried across the beach.
That was until the waves touched his toes and he sat up with a jolt.
'KILL THE SEA SERPENT!' Dominic yelled out and raised his guitar above his head before realizing that not only was there no sea serpent, but Kris was just a few meters away and had probably seen him snoring and drooling in his sleep.
'Afternoon.' Dominic called politely but his cheeks were burning with embarrassment. He took off his aviators and placed them on his head.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Drachmae : 2295

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

A Break from Reality [OPEN to anyone] Empty Re: A Break from Reality [OPEN to anyone]

Post  Kristina Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:54 pm

Kris had seen Dominic sleeping earlier but decided against waking him. She thought he might have wanted to swim with her but figured he wanted to sleep more. So when he woke with a jolt she had to laugh at him. "Good afternoon to you too Dominic." The smile on her face made the bitterness of the frustration go away.
She dug her toes into the sand as she adjusted the strings on her bikini. The sand felt cool for the time her toes were under it. It wasn't long until the water washed all the sand on her feet away.
"Did you have a nice nap?" She still couldn't stop giggling at him for his waking outburst.
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:59 pm

'Sure did. One of the few moments of sleep where I didn't get bad dreams about giants ants and sea serpents wanting to devour me.' Dominic replied before stretching and letting out a yawn.
'Is it any different for you?' Dominic asked, 'I imagine that being a child of Poseidon you don't really worry about monsters that much. You can just summon a wave and wash them away or drain the water from their bodies or something like that. Can't imagine you being bothered by anything.'
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:05 pm

Kris let out a laugh and leaned back on her elbows, covering her lower back in a layer of sand. "Psh, not being bothered by anything... I worry about every monster I fight." She looked at the water and layed her legs out straight.
"I may be the seed of Poseidon but that doesn't make me much different. I remember when I fought my first monster I was scared out of my wits. I am much bothered any more but that's because I have like 10 years of experience under my belt."
Kris looked back at him, the smile gone from her lips. "I still have nightmares about all sorts of things. I dream of attacks from the past and I do still worry that the same things will happen again." Her mind retreated to the corner of her mind that held the memory of burning Mark's shroud. She really hoped she didn't have to watch that happen for another friend, she would not be able to handle it.
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:13 pm

Dominic stared at Kris for a moment. He was unsure about what to say exactly. He had always thought that children of the big three were pretty much invincible. Why would they have nightmares about monsters? They could vaporize them just by looking at them. And if things got really bad then surely their Dads would blast their foes off the face of the earth.
He had never imagined that Kris was no different to him. That she felt fear and it was only because of her experience that she didn't shake from the thought of encountering a monster in the night.
'I thanked you right?' Dominic asked, 'When we met. You showed me around camp and got me to calm down after I started to freak out about being a demigod.' He began to draw a circle in the sand with the tip of his toe whilst staring down at his feet to avoid her gaze. 'I thanked you for the first nice thing any strangers done for me, right?'
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:25 pm

A slight blush came across Kris' face. The question came out of no where and threw her off slightly. And she doesn't normally get thank you's from people. With a little chuckle she replied, "You know, I don't even remember. It was too long ago. But hey what does it matter. It was my job and there's got to be a first for everything."
The pink colour disappeared from her face and she smiled. "Any one would have done it but it was just that I was the one there when you arrived, so it was my job." She thought back to that day and remembered that she really hadn't wanted to be the one to introduce the kid into a new environment. It was always so hard to get people accustomed. And in fact she was hungry that day and really just wanted to get food so she really didn't want to do it. But she did it anyways. That was one thing Kris would not say outloud to Dominic. It just wasn't something you say.

Her mind had come out of that corner slightly but it was still there. She was still depressed on the inside but she tried hard not to let it show.
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:32 pm

'Not anyone would have done that Kris.' Dominic replied quietly. Before coming to camp Dominic hadn't had a lot of pleasant experiences with strangers. Lots of people around his home town had heard of how he had lost his mother and claimed that it was evil monsters that had taken her away. Kids had enjoyed telling him how crazy he was. Strangers were never nice to him. They either avoided him or mocked him. Never helped. Which was why that first day had meant so much to him.
Willing the soppy thoughts away he lay back on the sand and raised his guitar. He strummed a few strings to see if it needed tuning, but it never did.
'So whats wrong with you?' Dominic asked, keeping his eyes on the strings, 'Your doing a hell of a job keeping a smile on your face, but I don't have to read minds to see that dark cloud of gloom hanging over your head. You all right?'
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:37 pm

Kris couldn't help but smile at his comment about the doom and gloom that surrounded her. "It's nothing really." She didn't say anything for a couple seconds, contemplating telling him what was bothering her. She never really told anyone her problems, she always kept them to herself and in fact, that was causing her more problems. But she never seemed to really care too much.
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:43 pm

'Its not nothing.' Dominic said firmly before turning to look at her, 'I can tell when someones suppressing a problem. Heck, my girlfriend has made me an expert it spotting it ever since morons from the Ares cabin decided they couldn't handle me dating a goth.'
He didn't give her a chance to ask about that. He simply placed the guitar on the ground next to him and pulled his knees to his chest before looking straight at her.
'Whats up Kris? Tell me. I want to help.' He said softly.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:54 pm

Kris averted her eyes, looking at the afternoon sun on the water. "It's not like it something you can help with anyways," she said a little louder that a whisper to herself.
She sat up and pulled her knees to her chest, hugging them tightly and placing her chin on her knees. Her hair still dripped with salt-water and felt cool going down her back.
After a minute or so of silence, she sighed and looked Dominic. "This is a moment of weakness for me, so I swear if you tell anyone, you are going to get it," she said threateningly. After a deep breath, her expression softened and she started. "The summer normally brings back bad memories along with all the good ones. It's just that almost six years ago, my best friend went on a quest and never returned. We sent a recon team out after him and couldn't find anything, he was presumed dead." She looked back at the water. "So the start of summer always reminds me that another summer is going to start with out getting that we survived the school year hug from him." She took a breath and wiggled her toes in the sand, half expecting Dominic to laugh at her.
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:04 pm

Dominic listened to her in silence. He didn't let anything distract him. Not the crashing of the waves or the breeze from the sea. She was spilling her heart, she needed someone to listen to. Once she was done he thought hard about what to say. But nothing came. Only an idea of what to do.
In one quick embarrassing move Dominic hugged her.
'There.' Dominic said softly 'I'm not that friend of yours and I know its not the same...but its something.' He spoke whilst staring past her, avoiding eye contact at all costs.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:19 pm

Kris jolted a little from the suddenness of the hug. She was shocked for a little bit but smiled in the end. All she could think to say was, "Thanks." Her face was a little pink but she wasn't embarrassed. "And thanks for listening to me." She felt a load lift off her shoulders. And even though the memory was still there she wasn't as depressed any more.
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:24 pm

'You're welcome.' Dominic said softly and let go of her before laying back on the sand. His cheeks were burning from embarrassment, but he didn't mind too much. The hug seemed to cheer her up a little.
'Its the least I can do. You're a friend to everyone at camp. And I don't know if you know this but I don't let anything bad happen to my friends.' Dominic said whilst staring up at the sky through his aviators that had now fallen over his eyes again. 'Because my friends are irreplaceable. And I don't ever want to see them sad.'
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:33 pm

Kris couldn't help but let out a chuckled. "Yeah but with me, you never know what emotion you will find me in." She looked down at her legs and saw the layer of sand. Her mind instantly shifted to the subject of the sand. "Have you ever noticed how much sand sticks to your skin no matter how dry you are? It's weird." She knew it was random but she felt a change in subject was needed and it would help get her mind completely out of the depressing state it was in.
She brushed the sand off of her legs but it was useless. The sand just stuck and didn't want to leave her skin. "It can be so annoying sometimes."
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:53 pm

'So your dad lets you control the waves, speak to fish and horses, break open the earth, summon the winds and do a load of other unbearably cool stuff, but yet you're beaten by sand?' Dominic asked and a grin broke out over his face.
'Kristina. Daughter of Poseidon. Slayer of monsters. Victim of sand!' He teased before sitting up. He cursed as he realized the back of his leather hooded jacket was covered with sand and shook it roughly to try and get rid of it.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:37 am

Estelle bounded by.'Hey Kris!and you are..?' she asked to Dominic.
Estelle
Estelle

Drachmae : 4326

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:07 pm

Kris just had to let out a laugh. "It's not so much a defeat as it is a reason to get back in the water." She smiled and turned to Estelle who had just shown up. "Hello Estelle."
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:12 pm

Dominic was surprised by the new arrival. He waved at the girl and flashed a small grin, 'Hey there. I'm Dominic.'
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:55 am

'Yeah..ummm.. nice to meet you. see ya around.'she said before prancing off
Estelle
Estelle

Drachmae : 4326

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:52 am

“Estelle seems a little panicked.” Lily grinned as she walked up to Dominic. She was wearing a light dress over her swimming suit. Well looked like a tshirt and pants but i.t w
as made of swimsuit material. She kicked off her sandals and. Took off her dress. Casually she sat be Kris.
(Sorry im on my phon and its going crazy

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:17 pm

Kris made a confused face as Estelle just walked up and as suddenly as she appeared she was gone again. She shook it from her head as Lily came up and sat down next to her. "Hey sis." She said not even looking at her. Then when she did look over at her, she smiled at her half-sister.
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:23 pm

'People do that too much at this camp.' Dominic said with a sigh as he watched Estelle run off. 'Do demigods have moments of uncontrollable nerves or something?' He asked before looking at the new girl that had just sat down.
'Wait sister? You're an earth shaker too?' Dominic asked.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:47 pm

“Yes”Lily smiled. “But i'm not that much of a fighter. Just.. Not as much as Kris.”Lily said.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:39 am

Kris smiled. "You will get there one of these days."
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next