Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Syl's Forge

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Syl's Forge Empty Syl's Forge

Post  Syl Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:35 am

Syl sighed and breathed in, as the metalworking materials and tools were unbelievable. Back in her home, she could never afford such a thing.

"It's a new life," She muttered, relieved to be accepted into the camp.
She decided to get started on her first weapon--the shining blade. It would be used for light and fighting. She doubted it would be used a lot, but Syl decided to give it a shot for getting started.
"After all, nothing can go too wrong, can it?" She said.

Last edited by Sylvania on Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Syl
Syl

Drachmae : 2583

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Syl's Forge Empty Re: Syl's Forge

Post  Syl Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:56 am

Syl dashed across the room, snatching tools and materials off the closets and drawers.
She cleared off a messy table and started off by making the handle with a blazing hot fire, getting the plate of bronze and hammering it to make the handle. She tried to add a symbol or a cool look to it, like holding not a toy cardboard sword, but a strong-looking whirlwind-like shape... unfortunately it didn't work. Eventually, she had to start over. Great. One plate wasted.

She got out a thin piece of bronze, then started over. Letting the plate's edge rest over the hot fire, she got out the hammer. She took the plate out and started hammering.
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:06 am

She hammered and hammered, barely brushing off beads of sweat that were forming across her forehead.
Eventually, she finished the hilt of the sword, and started blazing the part over the handle, imagining to make it longer.

She dusted the sword to keep it clean. Whew, this was hard work, but it was... fun? She looked for the right word to think of while going on to the tip of the blade.
She heated the tip, and hammered it sideways. But then it bent to make a perfect roll, and so she had a hard time straightening it. The hammer was getting heavier and heavier, and sweat was forming madly all over her body. She was getting tired.
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:43 am

Gingerly handling the blade, Syl made sure that fire was all around it, heating it up.

She got a sheet of brass (are we supplied with brass?) and carved it out to fit the handle of the sword and keep it in shape, also to make it comfortable to grip. Then, she admiringly looked at her work carefully--perfect. Now all she needed was the light source.

Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:54 am

She received a package from home, her mother.
Syl opened the package with interest, what her mother had given her. What was in there seemed to be moving as if it were alive.
"What's in there?" She wondered aloud.

She opened up a package, being welcomed by a soft cushion, and on it was a cute white kitten. It was an automaton, or a robot, as you could say.
"Aww," Syl, muttered, stroking the kitty's head. Then she shook her head, reminding herself to get the sword done.

The light source... how would she get that working? She wondered as she stroked the kitty's smooth head.
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:56 am

She couldn't figure out a solution for the light source. She thought about using a tiny lightbulb, but it just wouldn't work.

Syl decided to get started on her weapon, the dagger. It would be bronze, like all the others she would make, and also quite easy to move with.
She redid all the steps for the sword, except on a shorter piece of bronze. She made sure that it wouldn't get too long in the process, just right. She tried to reuse the first plate that was almost wasted, and it worked!

Syl hardened the dagger and let it cool off. Then she was done. It was easier now that she got used to it, because her hands went numb for not working a long time.
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:09 am

Eventually Syl got bored, and decided to take a peek in her cabin. After all, she had been working in the forge the whole time, caught up in her work. She decided that she would take a rest, then come back quickly.

Maybe she could get people to help. After all, she loved making weapons. It was cool.
((People out there watching, by the way, you can ask me to make you a weapon!))
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:34 pm

Syl then let her attention get carried away by the kitten that her mother had given her.

"Silver," She muttered automatically, knowing that it was the perfect name. Easily, she made a small and comfy house for Silver, and the little kitty pounced around in it, obviously loving it.
She lay down on the floor, tired and sticky from the sweat. All this making... it was...
Some part of her told her that it was hilarious.

Eventually, she slept.
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:56 am

Syl finally decided to go outside so that she could help people out.

"I wonder what took me so long to decide that," She muttered to herself.
She headed out the door, her kitten safe inside and entertained by a toy rat.
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Clarissa Pierce Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:09 pm

Clarissa after being claimed and finding out she's the daughter of the thief god (that didn't surprise her) decided to give herself a little tour. This was the longest she'd been all by herself. She walked into the forge while looking at her compass. She needed the perfect weapon,for the longest time she used her fist against the evil villains at her school but now there was new ones she would have to go after on. A shiny,glimmering light appeared at the bottom of the box of weapons. "Hm." She muttered,the dagger curve was dull even rubbing her pointer finger against it,she didn't get scratched,there was a leather loop broken at the bottom. She found the other one. The weapons were calling for her to pick them. She sighed then looked around. The necklace with the compass attached was bothering her. She wanted it to be a bracelet like her lucky wristband, Rick. Yeah,she names her things.
Clarissa Pierce
Clarissa Pierce

Drachmae : 220

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Hermes
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:10 am

Syl turned around to face a girl with blonde wavy haired girl.
She was glad to see someone ...
"Hi!" She said cheerfully. "You want something, I'm guessing?" She grinned.

"I could make something for you, but..." Her voice trailed off as she realized that the girl was picking from the weapons box. Syl peered in a bit, so she could see, and saw a long, lush necklace with a compass attatched to it.

((Edit: Sorry, I was in a rush Smile but I really wanted to do something.))
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:39 am

Syl turned back and turned to her sword. The blade STILL didn't have a light source. She thought of an idea.

"What if... does the camp sell glow-in-the-dark liquid? I could use some of those..." She mumbled to herself. If only she had glow-in-the-dark liquid, or an energy light that uses solar power or something, Or it regenterates its power, then that would be awesome...
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Clarissa Pierce Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:16 am

Clarissa turned slowly and looked at the girl,"Oh hi." Clarissa said,"Yeah maybe you could fix these?"She asked on the kama daggers. She didn't want the bury the girl with so much things to do and she just left the idea of the compass bracelet alone for now.
Clarissa Pierce
Clarissa Pierce

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:24 am

"Oh, sure." She said, reaching for the daggers. They looked good, to her, but they sure did need a little bit of fixing.
She looked at the girl carefully, then held out a hand (to shake). "I'm Syl. What's your name?"
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Clarissa Pierce Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:05 am

"My name is Clarissa Pierce just call me Rissa." Clarissa responded then shook the girls hand then pulled her hand back. She looked at the compass now she needed to ask,"Hey, I was wondering if you can turn this compass into a bracelet?" Clarissa added then looked at the compass. She tried to come up with her movie jokes and other just plain old jokes or try to find something to talk about is a good idea. " So I'm guessing you're the daughter of Hephaestus. I'm the daughter of Hermes. Don't worry I haven't stolen anything,yet."She grinned then looked around.
Clarissa Pierce
Clarissa Pierce

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:09 am

She took the compass. "Sure, gladly." She said. "Do you want anything else? It'd be my pleasure to make something for you."
Syl suddenly felt cautious of her items.
"Oh yeah...just... please don't touch anything." She whispered, hoping it would work on the daughter of the thief god.
On one side of her, she thought it was ridiculous, asking someone something like that.

Last edited by Sylvania on Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Clarissa Pierce Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:53 am

"Relax, I have nothing to take." Clarissa said,looking around the room but not to find an item to steal. The room looked cool to her. Someday maybe these Hephaestus kids can help her make something. Clarissa put her hands on the compass then gave unwrapped it from around her neck then gave it to her. "I'll come back in a bit,okay? I have to get settled in."
Clarissa Pierce
Clarissa Pierce

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:14 am

"Sure," Syl answered, feeling fine. "You can come back later, or I can deliver it to the Hermes Cabin." She answered.

She turned back to focus on her light sword again. She found out an idea for the light.
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:28 am

"If solar power and glow worked together, that would work..." Syl mumbled to herself. She looked at her sheet of paper. "I could make that happen if I connected this, and then add the glowing source to..."

She worked and worked all night, looking if it would work, and did tests...

((I know it sounds geeky xD))
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:13 pm

Syl went back to work, while she examined Rissa's kama daggers.
"Hmm... it's a little chipped here, a crack there..." She replaced the pieces and placed them in. Perfect. Now all she had to do was seal it.
She got the pieces stuck to the daggers real good, and the cracked marks dissappeared. "Wonderful," She thought. "Now all I have to do is give these to Rissa." She headed to the Hermes cabin.
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:04 am

"Okay, now I need to fix this spear." She said out loud, hoping her plan would work. She set out a piece of celestial bronze and measured it on the spear.
It was too crooked, the spear. She should first make sure the bronze was smoothened out. She first started off by chopping off the wood part, laying the bronze beside it.
"It should be more long to maybe go a little farther." She muttered. "Maybe if I knew why this broke, I could upgrade it!" She set to work.
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:34 am

She pushed aside everything. She was going to work on an automaton, the best thing she'd ever created. It would be sort of like Cerberus, but metal. She grabbed an engine and started to look carefully at the wires. She figured out the line codes.
"Ah," She muttered, satisfied. "So this one goes here..." She stayed up all night trying to put all the wires together. She messed up by connecting the wrong wire, and a spark appeared. "Darn!" She yelled. It echoed off the walls.

She finally got a little calm and started over. When it had been done, she stared at her handiwork. "Done," She said. Now all she had to do was the shape it would move in itself.
She cut out a sheet of celestial bronze. It was the perfect size. She spent a whole day again to finish the automaton and put it together, melting and rounding the edges of it, and finally she pasted something over it to be not easily harmed.
"There." She said. Her hands were itching to press the "on" button. She decided to give it a simple task first, when she realized she didn't even give it a name yet. "Well..." Then the perfect name came up to her. "Agathon!" She exclaimed.

She pressed the "on" button and Agathon smiled. He started picking papers off the floor and piled it up on my desk. Syl smiled. She petted Agathon.
"Now try breathing fire," She said, and Agathon let a soft growl. A small flame appeared on its metal tongue and danced across the metal. It blinked, then stood. Agathon stiffened.
"What's wrong?" Syl asked it. Agathon didn't answer. She could hear something burning... Oh my gods, she was stupid! The wire casings were melting from the heat in his mouth! She quickly tried to click the "off" button, but it didn't budge. The button was stuck! Agathon turned to look at Syl with glistening eyes. Syl took a deep breath. "Hey, Aga--"
Syl was interrupted by Agathon roaring loadly. It made a huge amount of fire in its mouth and got ready to blow. That'll melt all the wire casings! Syl thought. She ran out of the room as she felt Agathon breathing fire, and her notebooks all burning up...
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:28 am

Lily caught her breath quickly with small, shallow breaths. The naiads from the river were already there. They had seperated into two, one half dousing the forge and the other aiming at the automation. Standing meters away from the flames, Lily called out to the sea. A jet of water came out immediately. She aimed it at the besks where she noticed the charred notebooks. The flames seemed to never end.
“We need backup,” she panted quickly. “Backup, Honey!” she yelled and her pet raced back to the mess hall.

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:31 am

"Oh, gods, no!" She kicked away a box of celestial bronze and found her dagger on the stool. "Agathon has something on him. He won't easily get hurt!" She yelled in advice to Lily, hoping she would understand. If only Syl could peel that off, it would be much easier to defeat. But unfortunately she would have to make him stop. Syl sidestepped and faced Agathon. For a second it looked like when it had smiled. She hesitated and Agathon slammed its foot on the floor, causing the room to rumble and made Syl lose balance. She fell on the ground and caught her dagger. She stood up again, bruised all over.
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:33 am

“Can you resist fire?”Lily yelled.
“we'll need to peel it off in order to save at least your notebooks!” the fire raged on furiously. The naiads managed to get one wall down but it instantly cauht fire again thanks to the automation.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum