Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lost, and climbing a killer wall

3 posters

Go down

Lost, and climbing a killer wall Empty Lost, and climbing a killer wall

Post  Lydia Cabarello Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:32 am

Lydia had been walking around for a while now. She had officially decided about fifteen minutes ago that she was lost, and that she wanted food. A bandage, too? she thought, staring at the gash in her arm. Stupid hellhound. Completely lost on the first day, like a puppy she thought bitterly. Seriously, where was this place's cafeteria, or dining area, or whatever-they-called-it-here.... and infimary? She hated being a new kid. No, correction. She hated being a mute new kid. Anyone else could just ask where something was, while she had to wave her hands around like an idiot. She would wait as long as possible to let it out that she couldn't talk. Too many people here that could use it against her. She angrily kicked a rock, and it bounced off of a rock wall right in front of her. A rock climbing wall? How did she get there? Hm, maybe if she could climb it, she would be able to find out where she was, and maybe even find out where she was supposed to eat. She started to climb. Pain shot up her injured arm. Grit your teeth, ignore the pain. It's been worse than this. Of course I've never been in pain this long, or had to climb a rock wall in pain she thought to herself. She adjusted herself so very little pressure was on her arm Well, this wasnt so bad.. Right when she was starting to get comfortable climbing up the wall, lava started to just randomly come out of it. She immediately pushed herself away from the wall, launching herself in the air. She landed hard, knocking the breath out of her. Ugh, what sort of place had a rock climbing wall that tried to kill you? Unless of course, they just happened to have a miniature, active volcano that she just assumed you were allowed to climb. Great going, Lydia. Great going.....

Lydia Cabarello

Drachmae : 17

Back to top Go down

Lost, and climbing a killer wall Empty Re: Lost, and climbing a killer wall

Post  Cerulaen Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:48 pm

((Oh, look who's joining a topic. [Kylie: *looks around* Who? *asks innocently*"] ...shut up, Kylie, I know I haven't posted anywhere in forever. [Kylie: *sticks tongue out*]))

Daquiri was in the middle of plaiting her hair into a braid on her way to her rockwall climbing class. In all honesty, she wasn't sure how often she--even as a demigod--would run into situations where she had to climb a mountain... with lava pouring out of it... but at least for her, rock climbing was something she actually fairly enjoyed. She always liked that moment where one reached the top and could look out over everything. Everything always felt so much more still and peaceful when she was above everyone and everything, like the air there wasn't cluttered with all of life's problems and just let you breathe it.

The red-head was approaching the wall when she noticed another girl starting to climb it. Normally it wasn't that surprising when she didn't recognize many of the other demigods here--after all, she usually made a point to ignore people--but since school had started, probably a little more than half had left for home. With the major loss of crowd, Daquiri had started to recognize faces and names a lot more than before. However, she'd definitely never seen this girl before.

It was just as well, too, for just as she strapped on her gloves to prepare for climbing, the girl came crashing down from her climb. Daquiri noted the lava pouring down the wall where the girl had been and she resisted the urge to give a rather sadistic smirk. Definitely more a of newcomer mistake. Demigods that had been here for a week or so at least knew the lava was there, and could stay on the wall for the most part.

Slowly walking over, Daquiri stopped next to the girl and nonchalantly looked from the wall to her. "I've heard rock climbing usually involves staying on the wall," she noted.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Drachmae : 3030

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Aphrodite
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydia Cabarello Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:11 am

Lydia jumped and looked up, rather flustered from her fall. She gave the red-head girl a shrug. Okay she thought a little relieved It is supposed to be a rock climbing wall. She tried to swallow her temper and bitterness she had carried all the way here. All right, Lydia. Keep your head straight. The girl's comment had really irked her, though. It wasn't like she knew the wall randomly spewed lava. She just tried not to attempt strangling the girl right there. She didn't really doubt she would lose that unnecessary fight. Even if she could kill a hellhound, another human being made her much more wary. At leasy monsters were predictable. Besides. It was just a snarky comment from a person she didnt even know. It wouldn't really affect her for the rest of her life

Lydia Cabarello

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:59 am

Daquiri was expecting a trademark indignant response for one her trademark snark-filled comments. It was most amusing when her target had a temper; her comments tended to rile them up right off the bat and it was fairly easy to give them the right first impression of "you should hate me forever and I will be perfectly fine with it." It meant she would be able to save herself from more talking and skip straight to the part where they started disliking her.

However, the expected response never came. The red-head wasn't sure whether to narrow her eyes or raise a brow at the girl. She was fairly sure she'd never come across anyone who'd had completely no response to her insulting commentary. She found this rather strange... but at the same time, if the girl just wanted to jump straight to the ignoring part, that was fine by Daquiri.

"You'd be the first," she muttered, more to herself than the girl. Then she turned her attention to the wall. She had climbed it on many an occasion by this point, so she was fairly comfortable with most of the routes. However, there seemed to always be new ones to try out every time she practiced. Walking over to a specific point, she found some hand-holds that would suffice and started to hoist herself up.

((I feel like Ri is a lot snarkier than she usually is in this post... I blame it on Alex from Wizards of Waverly Place. This is what I get for watching that show before posting...))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydia Cabarello Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:44 am

Lydia gave the girl a confused look. "You'd be the first?" The first what? It really looked like the strange redhead was expecting something. A reaction? she wondered to herself. Of course. She had probably given the "hate me forever" first impression to a lot of kids. Besides, why would she treat her any differently than any other people? She gave a small self-satisfied smirk. She hadn't given the girl the reaction she wanted. Of course I can't even talk, so it would be pretty much impossible for me to even give her a response if I wanted to. But the comment wasn't really even "rude response" worthy to begin with. If that girl was going to poke fun at her, she better find some better ways. Because right now, it was pretty much ineffective. The only reason she had considered strangling the girl before was because she found it more annoying, than anger-provoking. She had no idea why, but this concept was just so hilarious to her, she doubled over laughing. Or at least she would have, if she could make more sounds than loud sighs or wheezing. So, uncontrollable wheezing almost. People used to decribe her laughing looking like she was having a seizure, but right now, she really didn't care. Right now, it was quite obvious that the girl had no idea she was a mute. Well, I am certainly not giving up that information freely she thought happily

Lydia Cabarello

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:06 pm

((Excuse me if I don't reply to this for a few days--I have finals this week, and I'm SUPER busy. But I'm sure I'll be able to by some time at the end of this week. Sorry. >.<))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Axel The Bunny Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:30 pm

(Mind if I join?)
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Drachmae : 1206

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Axel-Hermes. NIx: Hephaestus
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:06 am

((Don't join until I post, Ax!))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Tue May 06, 2014 1:12 am

((As much as I hate other characters laughing at Daquiri, I find it rather hilarious that she's getting totally trolled right now.))

Daquiri was only a few feet up the wall when she thought she heard some weird-sounding wheezing. Glancing over her shoulder, she saw the new girl doubled over in what looked to be some kind of uncontrollable bout of coughing. Raising an eyebrow, she debated whether or not she should check it out. Helping people wasn't really her thing, and neither was being nice--nor any other kind of selfless emotion or action, for that matter. However, the girl was indeed a person, and if she had somehow randomly decided to start choking on something--well, that could lead to death of said person. Humans were unfortunate like that.

Rolling her eyes up into her head while leaning back from the wall, she gave a sigh before jumping down. She slowly walked up to the girl and raised an eyebrow at her, crossing her arms and cocking her hip. "Are you going to live?" Quite the heroine she was, she knew.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down