Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Isaac Collard

4 posters

Go down

Isaac Collard  Empty Isaac Collard

Post  NoahWay Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:42 am

Name:  Isaac Collard

God Parent: Demeter

Mortal Family: Amy Collard (Alive), Benjamin Collard (Alive), James Collard (Alive), Vanessa Collard (Miscarriage)

Years in Camp: One

History: Isaac was born in Portland Oregon but his family moved to Napa, California when he turned six because of his dad's new job (And also because Isaac's parents are huge wine junkies). His father often told him stories of how he met Demeter (Alias: Deborah) in an infamous corn maze in Oregon, gushing about what an incredible agriculturist she had been but also, in a more bitter tone, about how Demeter had simply disappeared one night. Therefore Isaac grew to respect his mother's memory but also disliking her for abandoning his slightly scatter-brained father. Due to his social awkwardness and shyness, Isaac has never gained any close friends, which causes him to be a bit lonely (But he deals by talking to plants. They don't talk back). Isaac loves his step family, often playing with his rambunctious little brother. He and his stepmother became particularly close when Vanessa, his unborn younger sister, died.  Growing up in Napa, Isaac enjoyed taking long walks along the vineyards, which seemed to calm his ADHD and social anxiety. His Demeter-inherited powers showed themselves by making the plant life around him grow with more vitality (with the occasional side-effect of becoming touchy-feelly. If touchy-feelly meant trying-to-drag-to-the-depths-of-the-Underworld.)  but nothing noticeable until one night in which Isaac manipulated the vines of a vineyard in order to rescue his little brother from falling into an irrigation ditch.The satyr who brought Isaac to camp was, at the time, disguising himself as a loopy janitor.  Therefore, after the Whole-Falling-Into-A-Ditch Incident, Isaac's family was abruptly informed by the satyr of his godly heritage. Relieved that he wasn't the son of any blood-crazy god (Cough. Ares. Cough.) and slightly disappointed that he wasn't the son of Dionysus , Isaac's family allowed him to stay at Camp Half-Blood for the summer, as long as he kept in touch. He was thirteen when he came to Camp Half-Blood. So far in his first year, Isaac has never done anything noteworthy so far (Besides accidentally-on-purpose setting a patch of poison ivy on the Apollo cabin).

Physical Appearance: Isaac's build is slender with broad shoulders and he is fairly tall, standing at 67 inches. His face is square with pronounced cheekbones and deep-set eyes. Isaac's hair is a dark ash and similar to a shaggy mop while his eyes are dark brown. He sports a light tan that is slightly uneven. Isaac has been described as somewhat good looking  but too average to be attractive.

Personality: His distinctive trait is his awkwardness and poker-facedness. Isaac sees life in a simplistic manner and his lack of expression is not of boredom but rather of calmness (Or so he says). Isaac hides his anxiety by remaining quiet and he often takes a while to contemplate what he will say, which can create awkward pauses in the conversation. Isaac dislikes what he calls the 'Unnecessary Complexities of Society' hence why he is often blunt and honest. Despite all this, he is very compassionate once a situation has been clearly explained to him and will do his best to help. His extreme dislike towards lies and misunderstandings stems from a situation before he was born. His father, James, explained to him that he had asked Demeter to marry him and stay with him forever, and she responded with a vague answer which James took to be confirmation. The goddess promptly left, breaking Jame's heart.  Isaac is currently attempting to find a way to be more sensitive but remain honest.

Fatal Flaw: Isaac's fatal flaw is his lack of social awareness which can cause him to be cruelly insensitive. His poker-face, which is caused by deep internal thinking, also causes potential allies to shy away. His dislike of complexity often causes problems as well, as he can be quite stubborn about seeing things his own way. Because of these traits, it is very difficult for Isaac to form friendships or engage in democracy. Without realizing it, Isaac has often insulted people of power, leading to disastrous results.

Talents: Along with the average Demeter savvy of plants and agriculture, Isaac can somewhat communicate with plant life (With like general emotions and stuff.I.E. Simple commands or scouting). He's currently trying to create adrenaline-infused fruits (Basically five-hour-maniac energy in fruit form). Isaac is very good at cooking because he was often forced to make his own meals for his scatter-brained father and his grieved stepmother. Isaac is also  fairly talented at playing the ukulele, picking up the instrument out of boredom. He enjoys flower arrangement and will stare down anyone who insults him for it.

Weapons: Completely disregarding any Greek Tradition, Isaac uses a celestial bronze machete but also carries a survival knife for emergencies.  He has also gained quite a reputation with a bush-hook as well.

Other: Isaac likes fluffy blankets, water-skiing, and Avatar the Last Airbender. His greatest treasure is Green discolored Build-A- Bear his little brother made for him. Isaac will also stare down anyone who insults it.

Last edited by NoahWay on Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrections done! :D)
NoahWay
NoahWay

Drachmae : 38

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Demeter
Items :

Back to top Go down

Isaac Collard  Empty Re: Isaac Collard

Post  Catryn Greyling Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:29 am

It's fine for Isaac to get his little brother out of an irrigation ditch with vines, but I don't think he'd need to use the entire vineyard. Nor do I think he'd be able to. It might be a bit of a literal stretch for the vines on the opposite side of the yard. Also, you accidentally wrote Noah in the sentence after that, as opposed to Isaac. xP And perhaps you should clarify whether Isaac gets more touchy-feely as a Demeter-kid side effect, or the plants get more touchy-feely with Isaac. In a hopefully non-creepy way.

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to veto the steel machete. After all, a steel machete would only work on mortals and demigods, but not monsters. The demigods usually need their weapons for defeating monsters, so the steel machete isn't cuttin' it. Literally. Only Celestial bronze is used among the campers, and for a reason.

The fatal flaw looks good, though perhaps you could add a slightly more fatal consequence to it. Aaaand that's all I got. Very Happy Good app!
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Drachmae : 885

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Apollo
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:03 pm

As a random comment, 65" is only 5 feet and 5 inches, which is really short for a guy, like way below average. Just thought I'd mention that. xP
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Drachmae : 3030

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Aphrodite
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:10 pm

Actually for a 14 year old, the average height is 64" sooooo a 5'5" boy is normal
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Drachmae : 4543

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Posieden
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:12 pm

Oh, right, forgot to take age into context. Well, that being said, if you want him to be "fairly tall for his age," he'd at least be taller than 64", so probably more than 65". xP But you know, semantics.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Isaac Collard  Empty Fixed:

Post  NoahWay Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:22 am

I checked everything and added some new stuff. Very Happy
NoahWay
NoahWay

Drachmae : 38

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Demeter
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Catryn Greyling Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:15 am

Alright, approved! Just wait for another staff member to give you the go-ahead, and then you can... well, go ahead and roleplay! Very Happy
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Drachmae : 885

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Apollo
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:20 am

I would just liked to say that your "touch-feelly" description wasn't really cleared up any better. Still not getting your meaning. But it's not entirely important, so I'll say approved, though I would recommend fixing it anyway..
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down