Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Butterfly Knives (Open to Everyone)

3 posters

Go down

Butterfly Knives (Open to Everyone)  Empty Butterfly Knives (Open to Everyone)

Post  NoahWay Tue May 05, 2015 9:21 pm

Smoke pouring out of the forge forced Isaac to cover his mouth with the collar of his shirt. He had only stepped into the entrance and already the thunderous pounding of numerous hammers was driving him insande. How on earth can anyone stand this AND make legit weaponry?
And he wouldn't even need to be here if some Apollo idiots, still stinging literally from the poison ivy fiasco, hadn't hidden his machetes somewhere. Of course, Isaac still planned to find them (and kick some Sun-children butt) but for now, he would need a replacement.
A glint caught his teary eyes and he picked it up. It was...some kind of knife? The handle was split into two parts that hung on a hinge at the base of Celsetial bronze blades. Isaac curiously swung it around for a bit before hurriedly putting it down. I be better off not touching someone else's knife thing. Even if it is a very cool, very weird knife thing.
NoahWay
NoahWay

Drachmae : 38

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Demeter
Items :

Back to top Go down

Butterfly Knives (Open to Everyone)  Empty Re: Butterfly Knives (Open to Everyone)

Post  Shay Thu May 07, 2015 2:47 am

Shay wasn't usually in the forge, 'cuz fire hazards and fall-into-a-rack-of-swords-and-die hazards and all that jazz. But she wanted to challenge herself in navigating the forge and its dangers. The sound of metal beaten into obedience was deafening, and the smoke wasn't really helping, either. Shay walked into a random forge, where she sensed a person with a very pointy object. "Um, hi"
((BTW, ur pfp is on point. Its just fabulous))
Shay
Shay

Drachmae : 87

Back to top Go down

Butterfly Knives (Open to Everyone)  Empty Re: Butterfly Knives (Open to Everyone)

Post  OnyxEyedOwl Sun May 10, 2015 12:06 am

(Is it okay if I jump in? I hope so. Okay, I'm just going to start. Sorry if I wasn't supposed to!)
Addeline paused in her hammering, ignoring the sweat on her forehead in favor of carefully pouring celestial bronze into her newly made shield. Brushing her dark locks back, she placed it onto the coals when she noticed her mistake.
Impatiently waiting for it to melt so she could restart, Addeline toyed with her dagger strapped to her side before sighing and seating herself on a pile of scrap metal. Pulling a book out of her shoulder bag, she opened it up and began to read, ignoring the world around her, instead focusing on her story.
When she looked up, an hour had passed, and her shield was gone, transformed into a thick, melted mess. Cringing, Addeline cleaned it up, jumping back and hissing when she accidentally let the hot coals singe her hydra-skin gloves purchased at the camp store. Shaking her head, she placed her novel back into it's place and grabbed what she had actually succeeded in making earlier- a simple armguard that would protect her left arm, since it was her weaker side. Taking a few spare pieces of scrap metal and polish, she made her way through the complex labyrinth of mismatched forges until she bumped into someone.

OnyxEyedOwl

Drachmae : 45

Back to top Go down

Post  NoahWay Sun May 10, 2015 1:54 am

Isaac flinched, jumping a foot into the air, and fumbled with the knife thingy, almost dropping it. He quickly slipped it behind his back (almost stabbing himself) and turned to face the girl with the most innocent face he could muster. When Isaac recognized who it was, he relaxed slightly. It was Shay (I actually remembered her name! Up-top!), one of the Athena kids. She was, from what little he knew. incurably shy, intelligent, (All Athena kids are) and very very blind.
Isaac allowed himself a mental sigh of relief (and guilt) before he realized-
"Shay its nice to meet you but what are you doing in the forge? There's a lot of fire here. And sharp things. You could get hurt you know."
Gee it's a pity Half-Something Camp doesn't offer speech lessons.
Isaac didn't get the chance to hear her reply as a couple hundred pounds of scrap metal (or at least that's what it felt like) and sweaty, soot-covered demigod slammed into him.
((@Shay: Thanks! AVPM  Umbridge is my spirit animal!Very Happy))
((@Onyx: Sure! Everyone is welcome! Very Happy))

Last edited by NoahWay on Sun May 10, 2015 9:31 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ((GAH I wrote the wrong name! D:D:D: Whoa! Sry about that Shay! I read your app for Shayla Maine!)))
NoahWay
NoahWay

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Shay Sun May 10, 2015 2:30 am

((um idk if you said shayla on purpose, but ill just pretend that it was a slip lol))
Shay waved awkwardly. "Um, hi...Its actually Shay." Shay reached up to itch the back of her head. I thought i was the only one blind here. Oh well. She reached out a hand. "You are...?" Then, she heard the clatter of scrap metal as someone ran over to them. She backed up, but judging from the racket the other guy wasn't that quick to do the same..
Shay
Shay

Back to top Go down

Post  OnyxEyedOwl Sun May 10, 2015 12:42 pm

"Sorry!" Addeline apologized when she landed on the ground."I didn't mean to, honestly."
Holding out her hand, she noticed a girl with blonde hair, similar to the shade of her own.
"I don't want to be rude, but are you from the Athena cabin too?"She asked, collecting her various-and admittedly heavy-novels and clutching then to her slim frame after helping the boy up.

Last edited by OnyxEyedOwl on Tue May 12, 2015 12:21 am; edited 3 times in total

OnyxEyedOwl

Back to top Go down

Post  Shay Sun May 10, 2015 4:28 pm

((tbh shay's eyes are covered by her hair so just like change that Razz))
Shay
Shay

Back to top Go down

Post  OnyxEyedOwl Sun May 10, 2015 5:01 pm

(It's fixed, sorry. I guess I wasn't paying that much attention to your app. My apologies.)

OnyxEyedOwl

Back to top Go down

Post  Shay Sun May 10, 2015 5:45 pm

((lol thats k))
Shay
Shay

Back to top Go down

Post  OnyxEyedOwl Sun May 10, 2015 5:53 pm

(Do we wait for Noah or just continue? Sorry, I'm new.)

OnyxEyedOwl

Back to top Go down

Post  Shay Sun May 10, 2015 5:57 pm

((lol i guess we could wait. Also, shay has brown hair with blonde streaks, so i think that wouldnt be similar to addeline's))
Shay
Shay

Back to top Go down

Post  OnyxEyedOwl Sun May 10, 2015 6:01 pm

(Well, I guess the blond parts of her hair? I seriously need to start reading the applications more catiously.. : P)

OnyxEyedOwl

Back to top Go down

Post  Shay Sun May 10, 2015 6:03 pm

((lol Razz))
Shay
Shay

Back to top Go down

Post  OnyxEyedOwl Sun May 10, 2015 6:51 pm

(I guess we should move this conversation somewhere else, because we're kind of off topic. : ) )

OnyxEyedOwl

Back to top Go down

Post  NoahWay Sun May 10, 2015 8:41 pm

Isaac rubbed his back gingerly, already feeling some nasty bruise(s) coming. He was relieved when the scrap metal was fully lifted off of him but that relief quickly changed to jealousy. There is no way a girl that slender lift a ton of scrap metal. Like, no. That should not be physically possible.
Isaac reluctantly accepted her outstretched hand and pulled himself up, barely catching what the girl said.
"Uh? Athena cabin? Nope. I'm Demeter. I mean I'm not Demeter my mom is. Because, I'm not my mom."
Aaand you're probably Ares or Hephaestus. Only those two cabins ever come here willingly.

Last edited by NoahWay on Sun May 10, 2015 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
NoahWay
NoahWay

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  OnyxEyedOwl Sun May 10, 2015 8:51 pm

"I thought I would have noticed you two."She smiled sheepishly, shifting her messenger bag."I guess I was wrong. I'm Addeline, daughter of Athena. It's a pleasure. I do apologize for that fall, though."She added concernedly. "Here, would you like some nectar and ambrosia?" Addeline tugged out a canteen of golden liquid and held it out to the boy."What's your name? Not to be rude, of course,"She quickly added

Last edited by OnyxEyedOwl on Tue May 12, 2015 12:19 am; edited 2 times in total

OnyxEyedOwl

Back to top Go down

Post  Shay Sun May 10, 2015 8:58 pm

Shay shook her head slowly. "Uh...I'm pretty sure that my mom is Athena..." Shay heard a clatter, probably as the metal was lifted off the other guy. Well, Shay thought, since the other girl is going through the formalities, I'll just stand here. Awkwardly. She shifted her weight from one foot to the other.
Shay
Shay

Back to top Go down

Post  NoahWay Sun May 10, 2015 9:43 pm

Isaac quickly snatched up the canteen, downing the golden liquid. The pain evaporated accompanied by the taste of sweat, summer cherries. It was a little pathetic, how sensitive to pain he was, and Isaac hoped that the other demigods didn't think any less of him for it.
"Thanks..." he remembered to say at last, voice hoarse from the smoke. Oh gods, voice crack. Isaac shifted awkwardly on the balls of his feet.
"Nice to meet you Addeline, I'm Isaac." He stepped aside from in front of Shay.
NoahWay
NoahWay

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  OnyxEyedOwl Sun May 10, 2015 10:55 pm

"It's really nice to meet you."She blushed shyly, eyes downcast."I'm really not a social butterfly, and really haven't meet anyone in the time I've been here. I really don't get out and fight a lot either, so that makes my friendships a bit strained."
She smiled brightly, ducking as a creation of someone's flew at her, shaking and shuddering."I am sorry about that!" She adressed Shay."Now I remember. The name's Shay, right? Gods, I feel so embarassed at not knowing my own half-sister. What are you doing here? I'm working on a shield and armguard, but that didn't go so well..."She rubbed her head."Di immortales, I'm rambling, aren't I?"

OnyxEyedOwl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down