Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Character Damien Hattfield

3 posters

Go down

New Character Damien Hattfield Empty New Character Damien Hattfield

Post  DarkWingDody Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:49 pm

Name: Damien Hattfield.

Godly Parent: Lyssa

Mortal Family: Unknown.

Years At Camp: 0. (Hes unconscious in the infirmary)

History: Damien was born on July 21st 14 years ago. His father immediately put him up for adoption in an effort to spite Lyssa for leaving him. Damien lived as a child of the system, going to foster home after foster home. He'd always been a serious person and he felt as if the world had abandoned him. He fought as often as possible, being kicked out of nearly every school he went to. When he was 12 he was shipped off to Westover Hall Military Academy. He tried on several occasions to run away but he was always caught by some teacher or another student. He held high grades despite his dyslexia, and ADHD through sheer willpower. His greatest enemy has always been himself. He pushes himself forward via self directed anger. He was attacked by his first monster 3 days after his 14th birthday. A huge beast with sharpened teeth and massive snakes where its legs should be. just as a strange stout man leaped from the woods near the front doors of Westover hall, he was taken off guard and he was knocked unconscious. Little did Damien know, he would wake in a strange house, with the sounds of campers hustling about nearby; and the faint scent of a vineyard.

Physical Appearance: Damien is 5'11 and built for combat. The last 2 years of Westover Hall's cafeteria food kept Damien relatively thin. He figured they'd burn cereal if It came in an MRE. Coupled with the brutal physical therapy practices, this school had built Damien's muscles up well. Years of fighting anyone and everyone around him has given him a multitude of small scars all over his face. He dresses in black combat fatigues (his classes uniform) in an informal manner. Wrinkled, shirt untucked, belt loosened just enough to let his pants rest ON his body as opposed to clutching his body. He wears a solid black ring, the only thing he was given before being placed into foster care. His dark hair is cropped short on both sides and the back. The top of his hair is long and cascades into his eyes, which are a light tone of hazel with orange flecks surrounding the inner irises.

Personality traits: Damien is a boy full of anger. He has abandonment issues, but refuses to let anyone know he is capable of any other real emotion besides anger. When he isn't fighting other kids or challenging authority, he's usually reading quietly in a high place. He likes quiet,  and solitude. He is capable of being nice, though he still comes off as rough around the edges. Despite all of this he longs to be accepted, seeking out the few who can understand what it's like to be living in a nightmarish pit of despair.

Fatal Flaw: Damien's fatal flaw is his inability to cope with his rage. It often gets him into a lot of messy situations. Swordplay practice becomes a matter of life or death for his partner should they act too aggressive. It also prevents him from making many stable allies. His deepest fear is that someone will eventually betray him and he will not be able to blame them.

Talents: Due to a particularly abusive foster home when he was young Damien has an unusually high pain tolerance. Due to years of fighting before being taken to camp, he is a skilled brawler as well. His offensive fighting style is that of a lightweight boxer, preferring quick jabs and solid hooks. If he's in a defensive position he focuses on grappling.

Weapons: Damien has always used his fists. Unbeknownst to him, the black ring he wears was a gift from Lyssa, shortly after his birth, as a way to repay her child for the hardships he would face in his life. This ring, when it makes contact with Damien's blood, turns into a set of celestial bronze Gauntlets with short sharp spikes overlaying his knuckles. They have no other functions. (Magic spawns the second glove as he only wears the one ring)

Other: Damien is a metal head. His favorite subgenre of metal is Hardcore (bands like Within The Ruins, Hatebreed, Distinguisher, etc...) often he is found with ear buds in his ears and a dangerous light in his eyes when he's listening to a particularly good song. He loves mosh pits. Hardcore mosh pits are the best to him. They usually involve people getting hurt, but that atmosphere makes his feel right at home surrounded by the rage being let out by everyone in the pit. He despises seeing someone who can't defend the self being bullied. When most people start talking crap to each other before a fight, Damien says nothing g and let's his fists get the message through. He hates when a woman is attacked by a male, and refuses to fight a woman period.

Last edited by DarkWingDody on Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:24 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Grammatical errors and clarification.)

DarkWingDody

Drachmae : 19

Back to top Go down

New Character Damien Hattfield Empty Re: New Character Damien Hattfield

Post  DarkWingDody Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:06 pm

I forgot to mention, Damien hasn't been claimed to his knowledge. I'm hoping he'll be claimed at his first campfire. I want this character to be completely new to the concept of the greek myths being real.

DarkWingDody

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkWingDody Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:41 am

I have noticed some spelling errors and want to correct them. Can anyone tell me how to edit this post on a smart phone? Edit: I figured it out.

DarkWingDody

Back to top Go down

Post  Axel The Bunny Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:05 am

You need to switch to the normal site rather than the mobile site. I think that is what is necessary but I don't access the site via phone so....

I will say that fighting in itself does not build up muscle a whole lot, in fact it's more likely that constant bruising and injury would have a more negative effect I believe. mixed martial arts and other fighting based sports such as boxing depends on the training, the fighting ability is merely a result of that. typically a fight does not make for good physical conditioning. skills can be built up theoretically however building muscle mass does not build up the same way however.

I feel the need to point this out as well, the ring idea while interesting it isn't a very convenient weapon in my opinion, but if you really want to use it I see nothing wrong with your weapon.

other than that the app seems good from what I read of it, fix the issue and then wait for another staff to comment.
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Drachmae : 1206

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Axel-Hermes. NIx: Hephaestus
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkWingDody Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:29 pm

Axel The Bunny wrote:You need to switch to the normal site rather than the mobile site. I think that is what is necessary but I don't access the site via phone so....

I will say that fighting in itself does not build up muscle a whole lot, in fact it's more likely that constant bruising and injury would have a more negative effect I believe. mixed martial arts and other fighting based sports such as boxing depends on the training, the fighting ability is merely a result of that. typically a fight does not make for good physical conditioning.  skills can be built  up theoretically however building muscle mass does not build up the same way however.

I feel the need to point this out as well, the ring idea while interesting it isn't a very convenient weapon in my opinion, but if you really want to use it I see nothing wrong with your weapon.

other than that the app seems good from what I read of it, fix the issue and then wait for another staff to comment.

I've updated the information. I chose a the weapon because it's unconventional. This is my first RP I've ever done. The unconventional will make me consider my actions more carefully, as I probably wouldn't win a serious fight due to reach, armor, blah blah blah. Its my version of baby shoes.

DarkWingDody

Back to top Go down

Post  Axel The Bunny Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:26 pm

Alright it looks good, though I do have to scratch my head at your weapon choice. not the gauntlets themselves as much as the blood thing. typically making yourself bleed is rather detrimental in a fight.
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Drachmae : 1206

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Axel-Hermes. NIx: Hephaestus
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkWingDody Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:18 am

Axel The Bunny wrote:Alright it looks good, though I do have to scratch my head at your weapon choice. not the gauntlets themselves as much as the blood thing. typically making yourself bleed is rather detrimental in a fight.

Think of the gauntlets as training wheels.

DarkWingDody

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:02 pm

Still not exactly clear on what that means. Please elaborate?
And keep in mind, it's not the weapon itself, its the fact that it requires blood to activate. Typically, a good weapon is to prevent bleeding and bodily harm. I understand it's dramatic and whatnot, but from a pragmatic stance, maybe you should reconsider?

(Also, that's really the only thing, and if you're heart's set on it go right ahead. Your character's approved. I would like to hear the answer, though.)
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Drachmae : 6263
Location : In my own little world....it's okay: they know me there.

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Hephaestus
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkWingDody Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:11 am

GeneralArin wrote:Still not exactly clear on what that means. Please elaborate?
And keep in mind, it's not the weapon itself, its the fact that it requires blood to activate. Typically, a good weapon is to prevent bleeding and bodily harm. I understand it's dramatic and whatnot, but from a pragmatic stance, maybe you should reconsider?

(Also, that's really the only thing, and if you're heart's set on it go right ahead. Your character's approved. I would like to hear the answer, though.)

This is my first Role Play ever. I have the kill everything mentality in RPG's via other media. I want Damien's story to be one of personal growth, not constant violence. The gauntlets require me to get wounded, or self mutilate. That alone is enough to make me stop and think "Is this fight worth Damien getting hurt?" Thats why it's an impractical weapon.

DarkWingDody

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:44 am

Alright, fair enough.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Drachmae : 6263
Location : In my own little world....it's okay: they know me there.

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Hephaestus
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down