Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer Days (Destiny)

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Summer Days (Destiny) Empty Summer Days (Destiny)

Post  Dominic Moss Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:43 pm

If there was one thing Dominic had learnt at camp aside from monster slaying and ancient greek; it was that moments of peace were bliss.
As Dominic lay amongst the strawberry plants with his guitar in his hands a content smile crossed over his face. His fingers plucked at the strings of his guitar letting a peaceful melody rise from the instrument.
He wasn't alone. Destiny lay besides him.
It had been a rocky start for the two. Quite a few campers hadn't approved of their relationship. The daughter of darkness dating the son of light? It was more than a little strange.
But when it became apparent that starting a fight with Dominic over his girlfriend usually resulted in campers ending up in the infirmary most of the campers decided it was best to leave them be. Although the Ares cabin still tended to start fights regardless of how many times he knocked their teeth out.
How easy it was becoming to knock them out was starting to surprise him, but that was one of the many things that had changed about him. In the past few months he had grown stronger. Before he had come to camp he could lift a few weights but armor was still heavy and awkward to move around in. Now he was sure that he could lift double maybe even tripple the amount that he could and armor didn't seem half as annoying to move in.
'Destiny?' Dominic asked softly and turned his head to her. A pair of aviator sunglasses covered his eyes, but his beaming smile was in full view.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Drachmae : 2295

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Summer Days (Destiny) Empty Re: Summer Days (Destiny)

Post  DestinyGrimm Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:32 am

Destiny was hot.
Not in the physical appearance way, but in the temperature way. That's what she gets for wearing black clothes in the middle of summer. Dressed in a black v-neck shirt, black shorts, and with her black flip-flops off to the side, she was laying down in the cool, summer, green grass. Next to her was one of the only people she could be herself around.
She still didn't understand how the shadow princess had ended up with a radiant son of lightness. He was more than she'd hoped for.
Fights were a regular occurrence, and those sons of Ares started to back off more. Dominic was fighting back. What Dominic couldn't stop were the girls. Destiny, with the help of her fists and her shadows, took care of them, though. She couldn't understand why people didn't like it, or why they had to stick their noses into their business!
She sighed. She had, however, been more happy, more outgoing, and less sulky now that Dominic was around.
Her mind snapped back into the present as she heard her name. She smiled back at him and said, "Yes, darling?" in a heavily exaggerated, terrible accent.
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Drachmae : 679

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: {Grimm}: Erebus {Reveur}: Hypnos
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:45 pm

He took a moment to take her in before he answered. It was the start of summer and the weather was bright and beautiful and the sun beat down on them with such heat that Dominic could almost swear his Dad was trying to get his attention. Even though the weather was hot Destiny wore more black that any other person at camp. Some would call her crazy, but Dominic liked that about her. She didn't change her style for anyone but herself. He admired that.
He sat up and pushed back his sun glasses as he considered what he was about to ask. He didn't know why he felt nervous about asking it. He had a right to ask it. But when he looked into those pretty violet eyes he couldn't help but let his eyes drop to the ground.
He swallowed before he asked her. 'Are you happy?'
He paused before realising that he needed to ellaborate. 'I mean...are you happy with me? With us? With everything that goes on around here?'
He swallowed again and tried to look at her, but meeting her gaze just made the butterflies in his stomach flutter around uncomfortably.
'I mean...you and I are opposites and that doesn't matter to me I love your style and your shadow powers are awesome, not to mention they saved my life a hundred times but sometimes I worry that you could get fed up with me being so different and that your sick of the other campers giving us a hard time and having to fight them all the time and you and me got together after killing a giant ugly snake thats hardly romantic and I was bleeding to death when I kissed you and I didn't ask your permission and thats rude so-'
Dominic stopped as he realised he was babbling and scratched his head sheepishly while his cheeks burned a shade of red.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:50 am

Destiny was going to reply. She really was. She had even opened her mouth to start speaking. Then, a brilliant idea came to her. She'd give him a taste of his own medicine.
Sitting up with a small smirk, she reached her hand around to slide over the back of his neck, and she kissed him slowly and gently. Pulling back, she smiled and said, "Shut up, Dominic."
Pulling back to sit where she was before, she said, "I am happy, yeah. I don't really care about what those kids think. Why should they have anything to do with us? I mean, it's not as if my mindset is very influenced by them. They don't know what it's like to fight a giant snake. About that, it wasn't romantic, but it was nice. I mean, I was pissed off at the time, you were dying, and I felt like I could take another snake on by myself. If you didn't kiss me then, there wouldn't have been another perfect moment."
She smiled and looked at her black toenails. Her eyes turned into cold slabs of violet, and her mouth's corners dropped a bit into a frown. Looking at him, she asked him, "Are you happy?"
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:11 am

Dominic tried to speak again and attempt at even more unnecessary ramblings and explanations, but as Destiny kissed him his entire mind went blank. Her lips had stolen every thought from his head, from why he was asking the question to his own name.
When she pulled back he stared into space and listened to Destiny whilst trying to remember where he came from and how old he was.
When she asked him if he was happy his reply was swift.
'Unbelievably.' Dominic said and held her gaze before blushing again and looking away. He drew circles in the dirt before them with the tip of his toe.
'I've...well I've never had a girlfriend before. I've never had the opportunity to focus on my own happiness.' Dominic explained. 'Before I came to camp I was distant with people. I found that I couldn't trust anyone. People hear the story of 'Dominic Moss, the crazy kid who thinks his house got burned down by pixies and unicorns.' and they instantly label you as a freak. Nobody took me seriously and nobody wanted to be my friend.'
'I guess that's why I like you so much. You know whats it like to be treated differently.' Dominic said and met her gaze again before grinning mischievous, 'That and you're smoking hot in black.'
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:45 pm

Destiny listened to him. She smiled. He was one of her only friends, as sad as it was. She knew why though, she was a creepy shadow chick. He called her smoking hot. Looking at her arm, she thought she could see little wisps of steam. She gasped, "Oh my shadows! You're right!"
Smiling at him, she poked his chest and said, "Don't even talk about smoking hot, Mr. Attractive!" She laughed. It was a lame name, but she couldn't exactly call him sexy... yet.
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:58 am

'Mr Attractive? Miss Grimm are you trying to seduce me?' Dominic chuckled before grabbing her hand pulling her to her feet.
'Come on. Enough of this gooey feeling talk. It'll turn us into bigger weirdos than we already are' Dominic said and grabbed his guitar before flicking down his aviator sun glasses and grinning broadly at her. 'Lets go do something irresponsible and potentially dangerous.'
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:31 am

Destiny grinned, "Sounds something like us." Her mind flashed back to the adventures she'd had with Dom. Each one had a fatality factor in it, and each one was extremely dangerous.
That's what made it fun.
"What're we up to, this time?" She couldn't help but ask. The lest few times, she'd been shocked by an unexpected start, and she wanted to be somewhat prepared this time.
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:27 pm

'Well since I've already risked your life fighting sea serpents, cyclops and a giant snake I thought that this time we could do something even more outrageous.' Dominic said before turning Destiny to face him. He placed his hands on her shoulders and looked her in the eye.
'Now are you ready for this? Because this could blow your mind?' Dominic said, pretending to be serious. 'I think we should pull a prank on the Ares cabin.'
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:40 pm

Destiny felt as if her eyes were going to pop out, and her eyebrows would raise into her hairline.
"We're going to WHAT?! Are you insane?!" She demanded. She thought about those huge, creepy, mean kids. They were brutes, they were bullies, they were cannibals for all she knew! That's why she broke into a grin.
"Excellent! What is it, and when do we do it?"
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:58 pm

The grin on Dominic's face seemed to shine with brilliance as Destiny agreed. He took her by the hand and the two begun to run through the strawberry fields.
'Come on. I'll explain on the way.' Dominic said with a mad chuckle.

Outside the Ares Cabin

Bruno Small was not happy. This wasn't anything new, he was constantly angry being the son of the war god and woke up on the wrong side of the bed every single day, but today he was even more angry.
A few days ago Dominic had busted his nose after he had tried to give him a swirly. He had got the drop on him and had been certain Dominic would be at his mercy, but the Dominic was too fast. It was infuriating. The son of Ares couldn't beat up a wimpy kid of Apollo? He was the son of the god of war for Zeus's sake. He was supposed to be strong!
'Oi Larry turn down that music its annoying me.' Bruno growled. He was sat on his bunk trying to relax by sharpening his favorite sword, but the sound of rock music blaring in the back ground was breaking his concentration.
'Its not me Bruno. Its coming from outside.' Larry growled from his own bunk and at that moment a few of the Ares kids sat up. They recognized the sound of the guitar. Their new enemy had interrupted their sleep plenty of times by playing it outside their cabin at full blast.
'Moss.' Bruno spat before he rushed outside with his sword raised followed by the other members of the Ares cabin.
They stormed outside and looked left and right, expecting to see Dominic grinning away at them, but he was nowhere to be seen.
'The chicken must have run away' Larry suggested.
'Well he can't have gotten far! Lets find him and make him pay!' Bruno barked before the warriors raced away with their swords held high.
The Ares cabin was left in silence. The front door of the usually heavily guarded and heavily armed cabin open wide.
'Now that was dumb.' Dominic chuckled, 'You can drop the shadows now honey.' He said before a wall of shadow disappeared from around them.
It had been a risky move luring them out with the music while they hid in the shadow of the Ares cabin. Destiny's control over shadows didn't allow them perfect cover in the dark of the building, but it certainly made them blend in.
'Why don't we take a look inside?' Dominic asked with a mischievous grin.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:13 pm

Destiny grinned and nodded.
"Those dumb, thick-headed brutes! I even left my foot showing! It was an accident of course, but it was there nonetheless!"
She looked at the open entrance and suspected that a green oder could be seen if it was day time.
"Um, Dom, how 'bout you go first? That way we can see if the air is breathable! If it isn't, well, I'm sorry." She smiled brightly at him.
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:17 pm

Dominic lifted back his sunglasses and stared at the open door with dread before looking back at Destiny. He gave an exaggerated sigh and rolled eyes.
'The things I do for a pretty face.' He said before walking into the Ares cabin. 'Di Immortalis this place reeks of sweat and anger' He called back to her, 'But I can still see my hands in front of my face so that means the airs not poisonous. So get in here little missy'
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:25 pm

She laughed, but Destiny walked in there all the same.
She almost regretted it.
"Oh my shadows! What the hell is that?!" she managed to croak around her gagging. Her eyes watered up, but she managed to get under control. With a slight glare at Dom, she said, "You're lucky I like you." Looking around, she saw nothing but piles of junk, trash, clothes, and weapons. There was something that looked suspiciously like an animal nailed to the wall.
"Dominic, you better have a plan because I don't think I can stand it in here much longer."
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:39 pm

'I've got a plan. Its genius.' Dominic reassured her before dropping the ruck sack he had acquired before they made their trip to the Ares Cabin. He opened the bag before walking around the room and pulling out small round brown objects from his rucksack and placing them in their beds.
'Almost done.' Dominic called to Destiny as he reached the final bed, but as he placed one of the brown objects under the pillow his fingers lightly brushed against a small leather book. He pulled it out from under the pillow and flicked through the pages, his eyes suddenly lit up.
'Oh...my...Gods' Dominic whispered and pocketed the book before turning to Destiny. 'Come on. Lets get out of here.'
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:45 pm

Destiny was thoroughly confused, but she followed Dominic.
"What did you do? What did you take? I swear, Dom, if you did something that'll get you killed..." she threatened. They were running away from the cabin before those nasty oafs came back.
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:55 pm

'Relax Destiny. I know what I'm doing.' Dominic said and grinned at her before waving the book in front of her face, 'I just grabbed a bit of insurance just in case.' He spoke before taking her hand and pulling her into the bushes nearby.
They sat down amongst the leaves and waited for the campers to return, making sure to keep themselves hidden in case they were spotted.
Soon the campers returned. Each of them looking thoroughly disappointed that had let their enemy get away.
As they walked back into the cabin Dominic wrapped his arms around Destiny from behind and lowered his guitar into his hands.
'You know. I didn't like the idea of having powers over plague.' Dominic whispered, 'The thought that I can make people sick made me feel a little uneasy.'
'But then I experimented a bit. Started thinking outside the box and realized that plagues come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. Like a plague of rats or frogs or locusts...or in this case.' His voice trailed off before he took her hand and they struck the strings of his guitar together, 'A plague of angry bees.'
A great buzzing sound exploded in the air. The cabin doors swung open as Ares campers fled from their dorm screaming whilst a cloud of angry bees swarmed after them with a buzz as loud as a chainsaw.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:29 pm

Destiny had to quickly cover her mouth as a burst of laughter and a scream of shock almost escaped.
"Dominic! You didn't!" She gasped and watched the tough children of Ares scream like little girls. Personally, she understood their fear. She didn't like bees either. She turned and grinned at Dominic, "Well, at least they'll be too terrified to look for us!"
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:38 pm

'Mission accomplished Miss Grimm.' Dominic said with a laugh as he watched the Ares campers squeal and flail in the storm of bees. They would have fun dealing with all the puffy marks they would receive from the stings.
'Now lets get out of here before they kill us.' Dominic laughed and got to his feet. Only to have them be knocked out from under him.
He fell to the ground and let out a grunt of pain. Someone had hit him hard in the back with a metal shield. And he knew who.
'Hey there freaks. You messing with my cabin?' Bruno small growled at them. A long sword in one hand and a big bronze shield in the other.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:46 pm

Destiny felt the urge to reach her hand out and clamp Bruno in a shadow. So she did. She watched as the shadows crept up the big guy's body. An evil chuckle sounded in her head, and she knew the shadows wanted their revenge.
"Don't touch him," she growled at the guy.
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:01 pm

Bruno let out a cry of alarm as the shadows surrounded him. Trapping him in a cloak of darkness.
Dominic rose from the ground slowly. His eyes fixed on Destiny. He didn't care that Bruno had sucker punched him. He wasn't the priority anymore. Destiny was. For Dominic knew what happened when Destiny went out of control.
'Destiny calm down. I'm fine.' Dominic began before letting out a cry as he was flung to one side as the shadows around Bruno exploded.
Bruno stepped forwards and raised his sword in triumph. It was burning with red flame.
'Like it?' Bruno asked Destiny before swiping it through the air. 'I got it from my dad. Cool isn't it?'
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:11 pm

Destiny grinned as she stood up, her hand yanking off her necklace.
"I love it," she said with a slight snarl. She lit her own hand on "fire", and her scythe grew out, glinting.
"Let's see who's daddy loves them best, eh?" Destiny asked, eyes flooding over with black. She was sick of them. Sick of the way they treated her and Dom. It was time to fight.
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:15 pm

Dominic lay still against the tree he had whacked into. His vision was blurred and the world spun before his eyes. He was powerless to stop what was about to happen.
Bruno let out a roar as he lunged at Destiny. His shield swinging in an arc to attempt to knock her down before following up with a slice of his flaming sword.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:30 pm

Destiny grinned broadly. Everything seemed slower. She was using her shadow cloning to move to and fro in spot. Where Bruno's shield hit, a shadow of herself exploded to sink back to the ground and join the other shadows. Where his sword was aimed, she stood just off to the side. Her scythe was raised, ready to cut through the mere sack of meat.
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:37 pm

Bruno's confidence began to fade as he hacked and smashed at Destiny's defense. Every hit he landed seemed to do nothing. Every swipe of his sword missed by miles and every time he thought he landed a hit on her it just turned out to be nothing more than shadows.
Soon he was reduced to a panting wreck. The shield and sword felt heavy in his arms. He had completely exhausted himself of energy.
'You...you freak...I'll get you yet.' He panted and raised his sword to strike at her, but this time the shadows struck and yanked his weapons from his hands. His eyes widened and he stared at Destiny as her scythe raised to slice him in two.
'H-Hey! Come on now. You can't kill me.' He stammered and took a step back. The color had drained from his face and beads of nervous sweat ran down his face. 'You wouldn't dare!'
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next