Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anger Blacks Out (Martia Black and anyone else...(PM first before entry))

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Anger Blacks Out (Martia Black and anyone else...(PM first before entry)) Empty Anger Blacks Out (Martia Black and anyone else...(PM first before entry))

Post  Guest Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:59 pm

Morning Light break the empty black sky. With everyone sleeping or out of sight, this was the perfect time to train. Stripping off his black shirt and blue jeans. The boy walked up to a dummy in his green gym shorts. A lot of time was on his hands and he intended to make the best of it. Master always said; "The best with a blade are the best with the hand. To get stronger with the blade you had to get stronger with you mind." It was hard to work alone, but it was also the best way to do it. Shifting through hos stands gauging the movements of his body from left to right. Switching from stands to stands, as he guided his fist towards the dummy, he strike hard but also quick. Hoping to not give up any weakness or to leave a weakness in his stands he watched slowly as ever blow he launched out made its mark. Seconds turned to minutes and soon hours where passing by quick. The sweat drip down from his head to his feet as the warm up was nearly completed. Getting ready to start with his scythe he picked up a dagger an took a stands. He wanted to at least know one other weapon by heart before he started to perfect a move he had been doing for years. Wanting to be strong he picked up the dagger and walked up. Looking once more at the blue sky he shouted up.
"Guide me in the way it was intended for I don't know what path lies ahead."
Looking back down he got ready to start up training again.

Back to top Go down

Anger Blacks Out (Martia Black and anyone else...(PM first before entry)) Empty Re: Anger Blacks Out (Martia Black and anyone else...(PM first before entry))

Post  Marita Black Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:34 pm

Alex had just spent the morning at the arts and crafts pavilion like usual when she decided to go down towards the arena for some practice. She had forgotten twice in the last week to practice her martial arts drills and was spending far to much time climbing trees and creating art than working. So she thought it was fair time to be heading up there. She had just stopped by her cabin on the way to the arena to switch into a pair of black cargo pants and a white tank top. She had her knives strapped to her legs and was ready for some good practice.

Walking into the arena she saw her new friend Angelo holding his weapons staring at the sky.
"Guide me in the way it was intended for I don't know what path lies ahead" he had shouted at the sky.
'odd' she thought, but hey! this guy was a demigod trying to understand his parents and his fate so who was she to judge. She started warming up on a dummy about ten feet away from where Angello was practicing. After a minute or so she said "Hey, do you want to spar? or are you uhhhh...." she replayed his face in her mind of him shouting at the sky "...keep waiting for the sky to respond?" She guessed he was probably waiting for a response from the gods. Alex had been there herself, her father hadn't responded to her since she was claimed so she figured Angello might be having the same problem. All of this was a guess of course, but still being a demigod was tough.
Marita Black
Marita Black

Drachmae : 253

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Hermes
Items :

Back to top Go down

Anger Blacks Out (Martia Black and anyone else...(PM first before entry)) Empty Re: Anger Blacks Out (Martia Black and anyone else...(PM first before entry))

Post  Guest Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:35 pm

It didn't take long before the boy saw his friend shout out to him. He was reaching the limits but, he had to keep on pushing. Looking back at her he spoke.
"Lets spare, I could use a challenge. Do you want to use weapons or no weapons?"
The morning light was bright in the sky now. After doing so many reps, he was ready to try out what he leans on something that moved. Looking over he walk with his sweat dripping by the gallons. Working hard was always something he strive to do. He hated only finishing things half way. He guess it was time to see what she could do.

Back to top Go down

Post  Marita Black Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:50 pm

"Do you know martial arts?" she replied. "I've done mixed martial arts since I was a really little girl so I could spar no weapons if you want. I could always use the practice with weapons though." Alex was happy to be able to spar. Angello was a big kid though, she doubted that she would be able to come anywhere near his strength ability. She was going to have to be quick on her feet and work mostly on ducking and quick jabs. This was bound to be fun.
Marita Black
Marita Black

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:29 pm

The boy rubbed his head. He could go both ways but, in reality he wanted to do both. Looking at her she looked like she would be able to keep up an the day was fairly young anyway. Throwing the dagger over his sholder into the dummy two ways down he streched his arms and legs.
"I'm up for both. We'll start with fist to fist with a 10min limit then we will go into weapons with a nother 10min limit. No breaks, going back to back. After we do them both we can take a break if you need it.
He was ready to take her down but, for some reason he didn't want to hurt her. The boy though of holding back his blow when they where nessary.
"When my phone rings we start." he said as he put it on the ground a few lengths away.
He was ready for this.
"Lets see what you got!"
The Bell Rings

Back to top Go down

Post  Marita Black Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:11 pm

Alex barely had time to raise her eyebrows at the phone. "Don't get caught. The staff ((harpies and nymphs ect. ya know))can be pretty picky about phones." She was impressed that he had snuck it in. She charged him. Being the much smaller of the two people she would have to rely on surprise quick changes of directions and spinning kicks to get her power. She ran straight towards him and faked a punch to his head followed up with a quick jab towards the ribs. She took two steps back out of his arm range, he would have to use a long attack to hit her or take a step forward.
She laughed. Alex was happy to have someone so much taller than her to fight it was much more exciting. Angello also seemed like a good guy with a lot of strength so she wasn't to worried about him getting mad at her fast attacks.
"Tell me if I go to hard on you," she told him.
Marita Black
Marita Black

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:08 pm

If there was something Estelle Shade liked as much as reading and using her laptop, it was training. Of course, it got tiring sometimes, and it was hard. But now she was here for, what, 5, 6, maybe even 7 years? She couldn’t even remember. During those years… let’s just say that she’d gone through a lot. Enough to erase her past. Training for hours felt good now.

Estelle breathed in the air of the arena, strolling in easily. She had let Acacia out, and the owl was probably somewhere in the woods, roaming around. With a small flick of her hand, the knife hidden in her sleeve slid into her hand. Her piercing grey eyes shifted throughout the arena. Seemingly, no one was free for spar. Shrugging, she picked out a dummy.

Her knife stabbed its heart on the first strike, but she didn’t finish there. She slashed and stabbed, the gears in her mind turning with the possible counteractions the dummy could take. Starting out slowly, then finding her rhythm, giving a twist here and there so that she would be harder to predict. Her body moved faster and faster, but her face was a calm mask of nothing. She had gotten much better with people, but it dissolved when she had a knife in her hands and something to hack apart.
Estelle
Estelle

Drachmae : 4326

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:16 am

Sorry my job swamp me with a whole lot of work. But, I'm back until I have to do some more animation works.

The blow didn't hurt as much as he though it would. The thing that caught him of guard was her speed.
"Your pretty fast!" he said quickly.
Dashing at her he cut the corners as quickly as he could.  Using the moment, leaped into the air an came crashing down with all his might. He made sure he didn't hit her head or anything on her, instead used the impact to create a quick smoke screen an launched a barrage of blows at her body. After kneeing her chest he flipped over her and back-step a few back. A quick look around and he found someone he never saw before. He didn't want to lose his focus but, he didn't like the way he handed the dummy. Heart and head where death blows, quick and effective but, cruel to. Looking back he waited for the next move as he prepared for his counted kicks.

Last edited by Angelo Aella on Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Granit Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:53 pm

(How did you create a smog ? is the arena full of sand, or was I the only one thinking that it was made out of compact dirt?... Sorry for the intrusion again)
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Drachmae : 2272

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Ares
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Marita Black Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:49 pm

"You're pretty fast." he had said to her. The next thing Alex saw was him coming down on her. She did her best to avoid the blows but he managed to hit her twice then knee her in the gut. He managed to kick up dirt all around him creating a dusty fog around the air. It was settling quickly so she didn't have much time to get her air back. Gasping she rolled over and came to her knees. She found him standing in the still dusty air. He seemed to be distracted. Seizing the opportunity she ran forward and jumped onto his back. She was small compared to him but she still was able to knock him over. She jumped back up, and took a stance. She didn't bother and try to keep him pinned to the ground, he seemed much to strong for that. Still gasping for air she looked at what he had been distracted by. Another girl in the arena.
((No problem, work can be a pain. ))
Marita Black
Marita Black

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:21 pm

((Actually, I was thinking the same thing Alex did.))

The child of Athena turned her head, feeling some people stare. She locked eyes with Alex, who often came by the Athena Cabin. Naturally, Estelle knew her, being the leader of her cabin. She seemed to be wrestling with a newbie. A newbie that was more experienced than most, but still a newbie. Estelle nodded once to Alex in greeting.

After she had gone thorough with the dummy, she stood there, watching them grope. No thank you, wrestling wasn't for her. She could do it, but she would rather spar with the blade. Still, she watched. Observed. Little by little, she could see some of their strengths and weaknesses. Angelo had brute force. Alex was quick on her feet. Obvious things. Her bright eyes followed every detail of the fight.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:30 pm

I fixed it, My bad typo

The boy seem to feel himself as if he had the upper hand but, something wasn't right. He felt off in some way; like there was a urge to go berserk an desrtoy something. That when he was ready to finishes this. He dropped onto all four an focus hard. Closing his eye, the boy wanted to to feel her placement. A few seconds passed by an he was ready. Bolting at full speed, he pounded at the earth as he jetted across towards her.
"Dodge this!!!" he screamed
He wanted to at least use his full strength once before the time ended. Closing in fast he rocketed his punch.
"One..." he took two steps "Two..." he duck in close. "Three..." Throwing a Sky jab, he put in everything at full force in close range. "Show me that speed!!!"

"Two Minutes On The Clock"

"Two Most Until Weapons"

Back to top Go down

Post  Marita Black Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:45 pm

Something had definitely switched in the air. Everything was settled and Alex had just regained her focus. She was momentarily distracted by Estelle. She nodded her head acknowledging her and then looked back towards Angello. He was charging toward her. He screamed "Dodge this" and that's exactly what she tried to do. She was distracted and he managed to hit her. The blow would have hurt a lot more if she hadn't at the last moment side-stepped. He had managed to slam her in the ribs and she screamed. The blow was hard she was winded but her ribs weren't broken. It was sheer luck. He didn't seem to want to hurt her but Alex couldn't help but wonder. She jumped back. There was a wall ten feet away with a board that held shields on it. Most of the shields were taken off at that moment leaving a perfect ramp. Alex knew some parkour from the time she spent in back alleys in the cities. She ran towards it using the ramp to propel her she ran up the wall and did a back flip. Her ribs screamed from the previous blow but she ignored it. Hopefully she had distracted Angello with the flip and her landing had caused some of the dust beneath her feet to blow up in the opposite direction. She ran all out at him letting out a loud cry and started throwing as many punches at him as she could. Her strength was running out but she wouldn't let that stop her. One of the punches connected and she was surprised at how much hard muscle she hit. He had the advantage on her.
The clock has to be almost done, she thought.
Marita Black
Marita Black

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Granit Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:32 pm

( All I see in the fix was a rewording of smog to smoke screen, something Of witch you wouldn't be able to do because the ground is more compact. Listening is a pretty cool thing you should try some time)
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Drachmae : 2272

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Ares
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Marita Black Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:46 pm

((Alex, do you really think it's that big of a deal if Ang' kicks up some dirt and calls it a smoke screen. It's not that big of a deal. I would think it would be more of a deal to you if you were actually roll-playing in this topic. It's not like he's god-modding he probably is just experimenting with his character. So am I. Can we just keep having fun without the interruptions please. I understand if you want to stop him from calling lightning from the sky and setting fire to something in the arena but dust is dust and not that big of a deal. Thank you for your consideration and listening to me, 'because that's a cool thing that I'm sure you do occasionally' "
Marita Black
Marita Black

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:36 pm

Please if you will...PM me! It really grinds my gears when people just post like that! It really gets under my skin!!!

The boy stop in his tracks. He hear the force and saw what happen. She play the role well and the reaction afterward where amazing. To take something like that an be able to walk away from it...she was an amazing girl indeed. He got ready to go but, the bell had rung and slowed. Walking towards the ramp he sat down looking up to her standing strong above.
"Your amazing and that just something I have to say. There not many that can take a blow like that an walk it off. The way you flipped away showing no weakness...I just have to give my hands up to that. Lets take a quick break before we start with weapons. If possible I would like to see what your best at. From the long two hand sword to the all purpose combat knife. I want to learn how to use them. The only thing I truly know how to use is a scythe so I want to branch out. I don't know much but, I hope you can give me a start."
The boy felt happy know. He really didn't care if he got cut up into ribbons if it ment that he was going to learn another style. That's when the though jumped up form the depths of him mine. The girl watching from afar. She looked good with weapons...maybe she could train or even at the least tell us some useful hints. It was worth the shot.
"Hey, Hey deadly girl!!! Hey, you with the death combat!!! Can you please come over here! I promise this is not going to be a waste of time!"
He didn't know if she would come or not but, if she did maybe the boy could get her to give up some hints to be a good fighter. At best maybe a hint to a new style or way at fighting. Ready to learn, he waited for both the girls answers. Only they could tell if this was going to be a grand awakening or a silent training by himself. Hoping for the best he waited to see what could happen.

Last edited by Angelo Aella on Mon May 19, 2014 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Incoplete Ending...Post finished)

Back to top Go down

Post  Marita Black Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:37 pm

The bell had sounded. Alex was stood up and winced. She tried not to let her game face slip but her ribs felt like they were on fire. Angelo's compliment made her day. She took a couple breaths in, trying to get as much oxygen to her brain as possible so she wouldn't fall over. Breathing hurt but if she didn't take deep breaths she wouldn't know what kind of condition her ribs were in. She lifted her arms above her head and stretched them to the sky. If she was going to fight again she needed to be able to move quickly without her arms freezing up. After a minute or so of taking a break she couldn't help but burst out laughing. Alex was a little giddy so her normal tendency to be pretty straight face flew out the window. Angelo was trying to get Estelle's attention. They had obviously never met, at least to her knowledge, and it was rather hilarious.
"HEY ESTELLE!" She shouted. That should get her attention if Ang' hadn't already gotten it, she thought. Turning to him she replied to his previous comment. "Thanks, that really means a lot to me. You're an amazing fighter. Where did you train?" she asked him. "Oh yeah, I usually practice with paired combat knives. If you fight with a scythe you've probably not had much close combat training have you? At least with weapons. You're pretty dang impressive hand to hand though."

((I just noticed I've been spelling Angelo wrong this whole time. Sorry about the extra L =) ))
Marita Black
Marita Black

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:39 pm

"I heard him the first time," Estelle informed Alex, walking over. Her grey eyes skimmed Angelo, coldly looking at him in the eye. “And I highly doubt that this wouldn’t be a waste of my time.” She was setting the wall up again. Her outer wall of coldness. Maybe she had seen Alex a few times, but that didn’t mean that she was best friends with her. It was some of her siblings who knew her well, not her. And she refused to give judgement of any kind based on what she had heard. And the boy.. she hadn’t seen him at all.

She brushed away a lock of raven hair that had escaped her ponytail. “Now you have me here. Estelle Shade, daughter of Athena.” Her face remained an unmoving mask, but her stance implied what she could do with that knife in her hand. Plus her darts… though they were, of course, hidden in her pockets. “You were going for an extra sparring partner?”
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:32 am

She walked and apparently her name was Estella...Estelle? The boy was puzzled but, at the same time relieved. To trainers to train with, the boy couldn't help but to bust out with that good old five year old smile. Estelle seem cool like she seen some stuff that would make a good fear story. A bad past...the boy started to remember his own. He looked back at Estelle.
"Yes, I am looking for an extra training companion. I want you and Martia to go full out an attack me with everything you got. I want to learn one other weapon other than the many uses of my scythe. Just incase of an emergency. Don't say no, or question it. My stamina is on a whole new level as of late. I guess going with out food for so long gave me that bonus energy."
The boy wanted to fight the two at the same time at any cost. He knew that he was a visual learner so that real time combat was the best way to learn some new tricks. Looking at Martia.
"I need your consent so that I can go against the both of you at the same time. It no fun unless you say yes..." turning his head "You to...Estelle???" he said as a question.
It was going to be hard but, he felt confidence in his abilities to dodge an learn on his feet. Now if only these two would say yes. Starting to wonder...
"I wonder if these two an even work together???" he said to himself.
Scratching his head he waited to hear there words.

Back to top Go down

Post  Marita Black Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:17 pm

Alex looked between Estelle and Angelo. She didn't know Estelle all that well, and was curious to see how she would respond. Estelle had been at camp longer than she had and being the daughter of Athena was probably going to have waaaaaay more wisdom about all of this. And chance were that she would kick butt. And probably could kick Alex's at the same time. So waiting for her response Alex nodded. "I'm game, I don't know how well this is going to work though. I don't think you stand a chance against both of us, sorry." she told him.
Marita Black
Marita Black

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:45 pm

Estelle silently questioned the sanity of this boy. Well, he had not seen her in full action, which cut him a bit of slack. She could kill him in mere minutes, if she had to. “Attack with everything I’ve got?” She raised an eyebrow. “You’ll be dead in seconds.” It was true--or perhaps he might just be fatally injured, if she pulled back. Or sedated, if she didn’t feel like trying at all. And here he was, telling her to attack with Alex. She didn’t know whether to feel offended or skeptical. And did he say ‘don’t say no’? It was becoming apparent that she wouldn’t really be best buds with this guy.

Just to piss him off, she folded her arms. “Why would you ask for consent after you tell me not to say no?” It was a sarcastic question and she really didn’t need to hear the answer. Nor did she care. She took a sip from her water bottle, then fixed her hair into a long raven ponytail. No use having long hair in her eyes, if she was about to spar. “It would be better if we went individual.” she said. “It’s fairer and less boring.” She gripped her knife and smiled sweetly.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:37 pm

The boy scratched his head in disappointment. It would seem she took it as a insult. He knew he didn't mean it that way so he wondered how it came out like this. In the boys head he felt that this would play out really well but, he guess all things go well in his mind better than in the real world.
"I can't say I tried to piss you of in anyway but, it looks like it did it. I really didn't care if I ended up with cuts and bruises all over the place but, I guess its just my nature to play out things like this. I just like to train in extremes!" standing up an going into a thinking faze. He started to see what would be the best way now. The one vs one seen like a great idea but, he wonder if that was the only way. He wanted something that all three could do at the same time. That's when he got another idea.
"What about a one vs one vs one? That could be fun and informal."
Looking to the others for confirmation.
"If not one vs one will do I guess."

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:40 pm

“And that’s not what I said 10 seconds ago,” Estelle muttered, sarcasm dripping from her voice. She set aside the water bottle, a small smile playing at her lips. It had been some time since she had met a person who willingly offered up his butt to kick. Best to take a little advantage of that. “You can fight me one on one if you want, but then Alex would be left out. Whatever.” She rolled her eyes, casually going into a defensive stance. A slight shift of her weight. “Let’s start, shall we?” The child prodigy said sweetly, fingers curling around the hilt of her knife.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Marita Black Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:45 pm

Alex folded her arms. This probably wouldn't be that clean either. She shrugged and slung her leather jacket over her shoulder. "I'm actually in the mood to sit this one out. I prefer to hang onto my own hind-quarters and not watch them get kicked out of the arena. And anyways I could use some more practice with my high falls." She said nodding her head over to some platforms in the corner of the arena where some kids were jumping off and practicing how to break their falls.
((I don't know where they practice stuff like that, so I just assumed it was in the arena. If anybody objects I can take that out))
Marita Black
Marita Black

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:58 pm

The boy looked at the to disaponted looks and gave in. Graving his phone of the ground he set a new alarm for 10mins. Walking over to his shirt he sat the phone down and graved the pratice dagger he had. Looking at Estelle he shouted.
"I give up, I do it your way! Me an you first then I'll take on Alex." Walking to his starting point he flipped through some stands with the dagger to get a feel for it. Frount hand, back hand, index on base, thump on back. Two hand hold, one hand bandet hold. The weapon felt weird and he felt stupid holding it. Fliping it forward grasting is with one hand he set down his other to that he could defend it needed.
Looking back at Estelle..."The alarm should ring at any moment. When it goes off we begin."
Waiting for the call he empty his mind and got focus and ready.

"The Bell Rings

The boy dashed at her. Leaning close to the ground he lunged at her neck. The boy wanted a quick match so that we would still be at his best when he went aganist Maria. With just a wooden knife he seriously dought that it would hurt her anyway. He was ready to put his best so that he could surivive.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next