Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ruth Dale, daughter of Hecate

3 posters

Go down

Ruth Dale, daughter of Hecate Empty Ruth Dale, daughter of Hecate

Post  Ruth Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:35 am

Name: Ruth Dale

God Parent: Hecate

Mortal Family: Rida Dale, stepmother. Loren Dale, father.

Years in Camp: 0

History: When Ruth was three years old, her father married Rida Dale. When she turned nine, she moved to somewhere far form her original home, but it was near an archery tutor, so she got interested in archery and started learning it herself. A year later, she spotted a large man walking across the street, too tall to look up at his face - and when she did, she saw that he only had one eye. Ruth dismissed it.
When she turned twelve, she experienced another strange encounter. She saw a teenage boy running oddly - almost galloping - to the library, and she could swear he was bleating.
About five months after she turned thirteen, she experienced a tingle between her fingers and the pen on her desk jumped.
It was only five days before she turned fourteen when a monster came to her home. Her father took her to the car and was driving to Camp Half-Blood, explaining to her that Ruth was the daughter of a Greek Goddess - although he didn't know who - and monsters would start coming after her. Camp Half-Blood was the only known safe haven of demigods like her. Her father was shaken. (Later he would tell Ruth's mother, who would try to be supportive of her stepdaughter.)
And so she is now at Camp Half-Blood.
[excuse me if the reason to come to camp is kinda... sloppy. I've tried and I can't do much better.]

Physical Appearance: Ruth has short, messy black hair. Her eyes are blue. She usually wears long, baggy pants and a t-shirt. She likes to wear simple and neutral-colored clothing. Her shoes are either gray sandals or blue running shoes.

Personality: Ruth tends not to speak unnecessarily. She gets easily nervous when she's in the center of attention, but she tries not to show it. She doesn't jump when she's surprised. Her exterior is calm and focused - but she's easily moved and soft-hearted.
Because she isn't very confident in her actions and afraid of saying things that she would later regret, she grew to be a quieter girl.

Fatal Flaw: No confidence. Ruth regrets a lot of her actions, and most of the time she's too afraid to implement her ideas or thoughts. This could distract her from making an important choice.

Talents: Archery.

Weapons: Celestial bronze bow and arrows.

Other: Not much to say here.

Last edited by Ruth on Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Ruth
Ruth

Drachmae : 10

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Ruth Dale, daughter of Hecate Empty Re: Ruth Dale, daughter of Hecate

Post  GeneralArin Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:15 pm

History looks fine to me. Just add the "years at camp" in that section, which I guess in your case is zero.

Your personality feels short, but I can't think of anything to add, so I guess it's complete.

So I guess I'm going to check you off. Just add the years at camp, and then wait for another staff member to comment.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Drachmae : 6263
Location : In my own little world....it's okay: they know me there.

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Hephaestus
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:54 pm

I would mainly say add how her background kinda shaped her personality and who she was. I don't really see much evidence of its effect on her as a person, and while some personality it what you're born with, part of it is also how you're raised. Other than that, looks good. It's good to have some more simple characters in our midst, I think. Gives more of a variety. xP
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Drachmae : 3030

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Aphrodite
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruth Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:27 am

Thank you. I'll think about the personality-history connection a bit...
Ruth
Ruth

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruth Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:05 am

So... I take it I'm accepted now?
Ruth
Ruth

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:16 am

Did you add what I suggested?
Cerulaen
Cerulaen
Match Maker

Drachmae : 3030

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Aphrodite
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruth Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:06 am

This isn't much, but I added a little bit at the bottom of the personality section:

"Because she isn't very confident in her actions and afraid of saying things that she would later regret, she grew to be a quieter girl."
Ruth
Ruth

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Cerulaen Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:03 pm

Eh, yeah I guess that's fine. Approved.

Welcome to the site!
Cerulaen