Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emma Jameson

2 posters

Go down

Emma Jameson Empty Emma Jameson

Post  ObviouslyNerdy Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:53 am

Name: Emma Jameson

God Parent: Apollo

Mortal Family: Victoria Jameson (mother), Mark Jameson (father)

Years in Camp: 4 years

History: Emma was a rich kid growing up in Beverly Hills, seeing as her parents are both actors. When she was eight she ran away from home for the circus school. By the time she arrived at camp, Emma was a star at the climbing wall (no surprise there). Emma has always been lacking in confidence. She can never build up the courage to speak her mind. When she does share her opinions, she realises how philosophical she can be. Emma has always helped people for as long as she can remember, and people have loved her for it.

Physical Appearance: Dark red (natural) hair that goes down to the small of her back. The majority of the time it's loosely braided back. She has sky blue eyes and freckles along her cheeks. She's tall, but not overly tall, and frequently has chipped nail polish. She has a scar on her right forearm from when her mother tried to teach her how to cook and Emma cut it with a knife.

Personality: Emma is kind, caring, sassy, and sarcastic. She reacts badly to pressure and is insanely good in battle. Her ADHD isn't always helpful; many times Emma has had to deal with the aftermath of her wandering mind. Emma is mainly mature for her age, but if she gets angry, which is rare, it is scary. She's like an avalanche, wiping things out around her. She often lets her emotions get the better of her, but Emma has good traits too. She can sing really well and cheer anyone up. Emma is a great person to be around and knows how to have fun without dying. (she's really good at not dying on quests or in battle.)

Fatal Flaw: Emma's fatal flaw are her negative emotions. When she can't control them, she tends to explode unintentionally. It tends to jeopardise missions, the lives of others, and isn't good in battle. While it makes her more ferocious, she can get blinded by her emotions and potentially lash out at anyone. (thankfully that hasn't happened yet.)

Talents: Her talents include; guitar. She is like the Mozart of guitars. It's kind of amazing. She can juggle really well, and she can climb anything. Literally anything, including solid metal walls. Her skill at archery is incredible, above the average Apollo campers', and she is pretty good at healing. Her hobbies are mainly songwriting, singing, drawing, reading, writing- pretty much anything creative.

Weapons: Bow and Arrows (mainly sonic arrows, the trademark of Apollo campers). She carries twin daggers in case she runs out of arrows.

Other: Emma has an unhealthy obsession with mars bars. She eats them ALL. THE. TIME. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
ObviouslyNerdy
ObviouslyNerdy

Drachmae : 6

Back to top Go down

Emma Jameson Empty Re: Emma Jameson

Post  Catryn Greyling Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:34 am

First off, you should probably make it clear that Mark Jameson is Emma's step-father, not father.

So, Emma's parents are rich actors, and she lived in a nice house in Beverly Hills. Why in the world did she run away to a circus school? And at eight years old? Considering who her parents are, the media was surely alerted when they suddenly couldn't find their daughter - and if not, the police definitely would have been notified. And there's no way the people at the circus school would be okay with an eight-year-old running away from their parents for no reason and living at their school. I don't know how this could have been pulled off, or why. Surely she couldn't just ask her parents if she could be enrolled in some classes? And I'll have to admit, it seems like the only reason she ran off to a circus school is so she can be able to climb even things like solid metal walls (which I'll have to veto, since she's not Spiderman).

I also want to know about her parents, and how they raised her and shaped her life. And tell me about how she spent her four years at camp.

You've mentioned that she doesn't get angry very often, yet she often lets her emotions get the better of her. How does that work? That seems contradicting. Not to mention, her terrible temper is her fatal flaw. Fatal flaws are typically a core part of a person's character, because it is a trait that influences how they react to things often, which is how it could very likely lead to their downfall. So please clarify whether she can or cannot control her emotions, and if having a terrible temper is a rare thing for her, it can't be her fatal flaw.

Something else I want to point out about her personality is that being insanely good in battle is not a personality trait, nor is singing very well. Also, kind and caring is a very generic description that people usually use to say, in our wonderful admin Jake's words, "not a jerk". So elaborate - how exactly is she kind and caring? And why is she great to be around? Is her idea of fun more an adrenaline rush, or is she more into simpler activities? Does she cheer people up with mostly humor, or encouragement, or what? You mention Emma not having courage to speak and being philosophical in her history, but there's absolutely nothing that ties in with that in the personality section, so you should talk about that, too.

As I've already said, climbing literally anything cannot be a part of her skill set. The whole guitar Mozart thing doesn't work for me, either. Apollo kids do have a natural talent in musical endeavors, but definitely nowhere near to that extent. I mean, saying she's like the guitar version of one of the most famous pianists/composers is kinda overdoing it a bit. Same with the archery thing. Apollo kids are already naturally amazing at it. There's no need to try and one-up that.

Just out of curiosity, is Emma left-handed? Because it says that she cut herself on her right forearm while using a knife to cut food, so I figure she's either left-handed, or did some really fancy manoeuvering and ended up cutting her cutting arm.

Last edited by Catryn Greyling on Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling

Drachmae : 885

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Apollo
Items :

Back to top Go down

Emma Jameson Empty Re: Emma Jameson

Post  Catryn Greyling Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:35 am

Also, so sorry for how long it took for me to comment on this. ^^"
Catryn Greyling
Catryn Greyling