Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father and Son (Destiny and Wes)

3 posters

Go down

Father and Son (Destiny and Wes) Empty Father and Son (Destiny and Wes)

Post  Dominic Moss Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:57 pm

Dominic rarely used the Apollo cabin for anything other than sleeping, jamming or a bizarre combination of the two.
It was here that Dominic got to be himself. Here he could grab his guitar and make as much noise as humanly possible and not worry about the consequences. The Apollo cabin was full of poets and musicians, it was only natural for it to be loud.
But today, he used it for something else. And never had he felt so weak.
Since being almost bitten in half by Python and brought back from the edge of death, Dominic had sworn that he would never bother his dad for anything.
After all, Apollo had kept him alive through his weapons and powers and in return Dominic had slain monsters with grudges against him. His Dad gave him the gifts and Dominic returned the favor by slaying monsters. A complicated relationship based on some level of mutual trust and respect.
But today, he needed his fathers help. There was no alternative. And Dominic knew the price for request would be big.
'Father.' Dominic murmured as he stepped before one of many statues of dear old dad. He knelt before the statue and pulled his guitar off his back. Normally he would feel sick about showing so much weakness, but today he had to put his grudges aside.
'Lord Apollo, God of Sun, Medicine, Plague, Prophecy, Poetry and Music. I come before you to ask the impossible. I come here to ask for your help. I beg of you to take five minutes out of your busy schedule and talk to me for the first time in my miserable life.'
Dominic looked over his shoulder at Destiny, who stood in the doorway of the cabin clutching the wound in her chest. Fresh scales clinging to her skin.
'The girl behind me is sick and it's beyond me.' He whispered. Making sure to keep quiet so Destiny couldn't hear him.
'I come to you, because you're the only one who can undo whats happening to her. I know I ask too much, but I'm out of options. So in return for granting my reqest...' Dominic breathed in before reaching out and holding up his guitar. 'I will give up Kydoimos. That is my offering to you; the only gift you've ever given me will be yours to take back.'
Dominic swallowed hard before whispering quietly under his breath; 'Please Dad...I love her. Help me.'
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Drachmae : 2295

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Father and Son (Destiny and Wes) Empty Re: Father and Son (Destiny and Wes)

Post  DestinyGrimm Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:38 am

Destiny tried her best to keep quiet. The wound and the scales both took their tole on her. She scratched at them.
She watched Dominic kneel before a statue. Her heart ached.
How many times before had she thought about just taking a knife and scraping them off or doing a more permanent solution to the whole thing? She couldn't bear it any more, and she didn't want to be a bother to anyone else, but he had insisted.
She frowned as she watched him, thinking of different things she could possibly ask her father about. Perhaps he could help, and she was on better terms with him... well, not better, but at least she'd talked to him more... sort of...
Destiny's eyes widened in shock, her mouth dropping, as Dominic held up his guitar. A sharp pang shot through her heart. He loved that guitar. It was his... well, his.
"There's no way... he wouldn't... would he?" She couldn't help but think he was somehow joking, or he was just messing about.
Why would he give that up for her? She was... a girl. A silly girl who hadn't been as careful as she should've.
"He shouldn't..." she cut the thought short and stared in shock and awe.
She knew, right then and there, there was no one as amazing, no one she had ever admired, and no one she had ever loved more than Dominic Moss.
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Drachmae : 679

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: {Grimm}: Erebus {Reveur}: Hypnos
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:42 pm

(So dramatic. : P I want so badly to just be like, 'trollolol, nope' XD )
Blinding light filled the cabin, and the temperature rose about ten degrees so quickly that several strings of the many instruments snapped like popcorn, leaving sour notes ringing in the air. Then it all died down, and a cherry-red Maserati appeared in the middle of the cabin, crushing some poor kid's bed. The car's radio blasted music which shook the room with it's pulsing bass until the engine was killed and the driver stepped out. He had flowing blond hair, wore dark sunglasses, and was dressed like a rock star with a deep tan. He stood up straight, held up his hand, and gave a look like, 'I know, I'm awesome.'
Wes
Wes
Super Awesome Admin and Founder of the Site. Also Killer Graphic Designer and Cool Kid.

Drachmae : 4540

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Apollo
Items :

https://half-bloods.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:04 pm

Dominic was rendered speechless as the god of the sun graced them with his presence. When the light filled the room Dominic had flicked down his aviator sunglasses, but the light had been too painful to see through.
When the light had finally cleared Dominic had flicked back the shades and blinked dumbly at the scene around him as his dad stepped out of the car. The place was a wreck; burnt instruments covered the floor and the bunk beds that sat near the blazing car were almost smoking from being within a short range of its burning engine. It was by far the most flashy, destructive and irresponsible entrance he had ever seen.
And to top it all off Apollo didn't seem to even care. He just stood there with a smug look on his face, drinking in the moment as if there were a crowd of screaming fan girls flocked around him.
Dear gods Dominic wanted to punch him.
All this time he had been waiting for this moment and his Dad had decided to enter by messing up the cabin. The nerve of him! How could he do something so irresponsible?! He would have to clean all this up when he left!
Focus Dominic, he told himself, Remember whats really important. Say hi to your Dad, get him to heal Destiny and then say thank you'.
He took a breath and cleared his throat.
'I really want to punch you.' Dominic spat, 'I know. I should feel really glad that you've shown up. I mean, you're incredibly busy being you and driving the Sun and doing all that Godly responsibility stuff, but I really really really really want to punch you'
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:10 pm

Apollo raised his eyebrows, "Alright, go on then." He spread his arms, opening up for a free shot, "But what good will it do you? If one punch will satisfy you, then by all means, go ahead. But it seems to me that you've called me here for more important reasons then merely venting frustration." He sighed and gestured to Destiny, "You say this one is sick and you cannot help her, but you believe I can. And yet calling me here to help her seems to be killing you. So which is it - do you want me here, or not?"
Wes
Wes
Super Awesome Admin and Founder of the Site. Also Killer Graphic Designer and Cool Kid.

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:44 pm

Dominic gritted his teeth and clenched his fist so tight that his knuckles turned white. He glared at the god, unable to decide whether he wanted to bury his fist into his face or walk away. In the end he chose to do neither.
'Stay. She needs your help.' Dominic spoke and turned his back from Apollo, 'But there's one thing I need to know.'
'My Mom. Eliza Moss. Did you ever care about her?' Dominic asked, 'Do you even care that she's dead?'
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:33 pm

Apollo sighed. He hated when things got serious. "Son," he started, "I see everything. I've watched you and all your brothers and sisters grow up. I've visited you sometimes durring my daily sun route, but I kept my distance. I was there at her funeral. Yes, I cared about her, but I couldn't stick around or do anything without screwing up fate, and believe me, that sucks." He gave another sigh, "Now then, let's see about helping your friend."
He laid Destiny down on one of the beds that wasn't destroyed and rubbed his hands together quickly. He placed one on her forehead and the other on her abdomen, and light spread over her as the healing began.
Wes
Wes

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:47 pm

Dominic listened but didn't feel any better. He knew it was foolish to expect a better answer. He had a god for a father, not something normal like a nine till five cab driver or a school teacher. He didn't have that luxury.
He stood by quietly as he watched his father begin healing his girlfriend.
'How you holding up Destiny?' Dominic asked as he watched her, trying not to look too miserable. He was unsure whether it was because he didn't want her to feel bad or didn't want his father to see him in a moment of weakness.
'Don't go there. If you give in to anger then the wrath may activate. You'll unleash a wave of disease, kill Destiny and your Dad will probably turn you into a pillar or salt or something like that' He thought to himself before putting on the bravest smile he could in front of her.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:24 pm

Destiny kept silent as she watched the two talk. She didn't exactly know what to do, and she had a feeling stepping in wasn't an option.
The arrival of Apollo had been a bit of a shock.. That was a major understatement. It had, frankly, scared the crap outta her.
She lay down on the bed, feeling a bit like an intruder in the cabin, and tried not to move as Apollo lay his hands on her. She couldn't help but shiver under the warm hands of the sun god. She'd never get used to it. How badly she just wanted to scratch the scales away, but she knew it wouldn't help. Instead, she lay still and hoped that it worked.
Destiny smiled up at Dominic, "I'm okay... I guess... I'm not dead yet, and I'm getting healed, so I can't complain... right?" She furrowed her eyebrows slightly and looked at him, "What about you? How are you?"

ooc: Sorry! I've been on vacation and only just got back a couple days ago!
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:19 pm

'Me?' Dominic asked with fake surprise, 'Oh, couldn't be better. I'm great. Top of the world right now. It's been the best day ever.' He said and then grinned broadly at her.
'We get attacked by a sea monster. He infects you with scale disorder. My Dad shows up for the first time in my life to heal you for the low price of taking my guitar away. It's like Christmas came early.' Dominic said before nudging his father's shoulder with his elbow.
'Cephisus says hi by the way.' He grunted at Apollo, 'He's really grateful for that time you turned him into a sea monster. And the Cyclops that hold some grudge against you for killing a load of them eons ago send their best as well.'
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:07 pm

Apollo gave a mildly amused chuckle, "Ah yes, good times." He sighed and continued to focus on Destiny. Within a few minutes, the scales began vanishing. He straightened up when they had all faded and gave an exaggerated stretch, "Alright, looks like my work here is done."
He turned to face Dominic and clasped his shoulder and gave him a proud, and long overdue, smile. He looked at the guitar but said nothing. He opened the door of the Maserati and got half way in before remembering something. "Oh yes," he said, giving a mischievous grin as he pointed at the two of them, "You two behave. STDs are a lot harder to cure than little curses." Embarrassment - the truest sign of an affectionate father.
Wes
Wes

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  DestinyGrimm Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:32 pm

Destiny sat up, feeling her stomach to see if it was actually gone. No more itching, no more scratching, and, best of all, no more molting. She shivered and looked at Apollo.
"Hey!" She said. She considered her words carefully. She could yell at him for not being there for Dominic, she could spaz out at him for not having a role in his life, or she could glare at him coldly and threaten him.
"Thank you," Destiny said simply with a smile. She lay a gentle hand on Dominic's elbow, a blush settling in her cheeks as Apollo's words resounded in her ears.
DestinyGrimm
DestinyGrimm

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Dominic Moss Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:27 pm

Dominic had been so close to punching Apollo when he put his hands on his shoulders, but the look stopped him. In that moment he remembered what had happened before his fight with Python.
The brief moment when his father had sent him a message; a once in a lifetime glimpse of the future that included the serpents location and plan of attack. Back then he had felt a connection to his old man and realised just how much his father trusted him.
Now, after being bitten to pieces, clobbered half to death and nearly burned alive, he understood that all of it had paid off. His father was proud of him, and it meant everything to him.
His flicked his shades over his eyes to avoid his Dad's gaze, but he couldn't hide the small smile that broke out over his face. He didn't say anything as his father got into his car, but when he mentioned STD's the smile vanished from his face.
'You're an ass Dad.' Dominic called out after him and glared at him venomously...but then the scowl left his face and he laughed and shook his head.
'Drive safe old man.' Dominic said before grinning at the sun god with the beaming smile he had inherited from him.
Dominic Moss
Dominic Moss

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down