Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A nice little spar (Lydeck and Lily)

2 posters

Go down

A nice little spar (Lydeck and Lily) Empty A nice little spar (Lydeck and Lily)

Post  Estelle Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:33 am

Estelle arrived at the arena first.She loved this place so much. Probably the battle running in her veins. Feeling happy, she turned back on the two. 'So, what will it be? One on one, or just a big frenzy of fighting at once?' She asked, her cocky humor returning. Silverstag was brandished. The blade glittered in the light. She cherished the sword so much. This was as great as debating.
Estelle
Estelle

Drachmae : 4326

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

A nice little spar (Lydeck and Lily) Empty Re: A nice little spar (Lydeck and Lily)

Post  Lydeck Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:20 am

"It matters not. I'll let you two decide on the type of spar that is to come". Jackson fastened the tight fitting armor to his chest, arms and legs then moved around to get a feel for the equipment. It was slightly small for his build but he could not complain as it was the difference between mild injury and a visit to the infirmary. With the black iron cylinder resting in his grasp he looked at the daughters of Athena and Poseidon "Again. Do not hold back. I will not." the arrogance of Ares slowly began to show itself.

Lydeck

Drachmae : 60

Back to top Go down

A nice little spar (Lydeck and Lily) Empty Re: A nice little spar (Lydeck and Lily)

Post  Guest Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:00 am

Without a sound, Lily appeared by Lydeck.
“I'm pretty sure you guys won't enjoy the spar if i don't hold out a little,”Lily said as she looked at her swords which was glowing in blue. One of its powers. It recognized its owner. Soon the water inside was beginning to flow. She could feel its power. She grinned as she threw put on the armor. The light one, also made by the crafter of her fine blade. She glanced at Jackson and fixed his armor.
“Got the hang of these stuff yet?”Lily asked. She finished adjusting and said
“There.More confortable? It's a bit too small yes, but for now....”She trailed off.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydeck Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:20 am

The armor felt more comfortable than before but still unnatural as it clung tightly to his sides making breathing more harder than it should. It would have to suffice though. The son of Ares had no time for a smith to craft one more fitting. "Hold back if you wish Lily. If you are so confident that your abilities will gain you an unfair handicap then I cannot argue" he made sure that all straps were fastened then pointed the black iron cylinder towards the Daughter of Poseidon "Lets proceed".

He offered no further warning as his front foot dug deep into the soil beneath his boots which granted him an extra spring as he launched forward towards Lily. As the gap between them closed his grasp tightened which caused the cylinder to quickly transform into a standard hoplite spear with the tip aiming for her abdomen. With her armor strapped to her petite frame she reduced the risk of lethal damage and would only feel minor pain if the blow connected. The Daughter of Poseidon had great confidence in her abilities despite only being a young girl. Either her talents exceeded his own or her arrogance rivaled that of Ares.

Lydeck

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:46 am

Lily sensed his annoyance and said“But this time, i think I'll use them. After all, skills depend on practice, not talent,”Lily said as she backed away a little. Maybe sehe was acting a bit tooo arrogant. Now where had this streak come from?? She wondered as the sword encased itslef in water.She blocked it easily and said “Good try,”and sliced at him with ease. The feel was in her. And she was determined to win.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydeck Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:57 pm

Jackson stepped back as the water encased sword aimed to slash his chest, the blades tip scrapping against his breastplate. He took another step back to extend the distance between them then thrust his spear at her right shoulder whilst using two hands to increase the accuracy and speed of the attack. Right now his greatest advantage was his weapon reach and he would use every advantage he possessed.

Lydeck

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:41 am

Estelle saw the two fighting. The most powerful one here was probably, Lily, with the water tricks. She let Lydeck distract her, and looked for an oppurtunity.When he released his spear, she stepped behind Lily silently with Silverstag glowing a silver aura. Kicking Lily in the legs,she saw a small part uncovered by armor. Estelle did not have armor on, so she would be lighter and more nimble. Swift, too. 'Sorry, Lily' she muttered, and stabbed at Lily's sword arm, but not too hard. She didn't want a fatal wound. She smiled devilishly. Oh, how she loved sparring. She prayed without a word to Nike, the goddess of victory, for some assisstance.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:55 am

(I have to choice to recieve it or block.for this time, i'll let you have it)
A little blood doesn't hurt. Lily yelled “Two on one?Not so fair even for a child ofvposidon,”and she stabbed Estelle. Nothing compared to the wounds she knflicted on others. Sherolled under their feet beofr they could do anything and slashed at Jackson no more mercy. That was just the start. The start of an unfair but effective spar. She thughtas she sunmmoned a blast of water to distract one of them. Probably Estelle. And of course to heal her wound. It healed quickly enough as Lily continued to fight them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydeck Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:19 am

<OOC: When an attack is being made would it be possible to get you both to put more description? Describe where your attacks are being aimed at i.e abdomen, arms, forearms, legs etc and also what part of your weapon you are attacking with. More description helps all members participating in this rp understand the dynamics of your attacks and weather they are physically capable of blocking. Some attacks could be awkward for the opponent to defend as it could be at a difficult angle. Also Lily you failed to state a viable defense against my last attack. Other than that I am quite enjoying this rp. You should both jump on chat Very Happy>

Another slash came his way but such an attack could simply be avoided by stepping out of the blades arching range. History repeated itself as the tip of the sword glanced in front of his chest. At this point Jackson had the advantage when it came to weapon reach and therefore did not need to reduce the distance between himself and his sparing opponents when he wished to strike. He retracted the spear back to its compacted form then spun the cylinder in his palm before grasping it tightly. The spear extended and aimed for the shoulder of Estelle except it was not the sharp end that was being used in the attack. Weather or not the blunt end hit Estelle was irrelevant to Jacksons next action as he spun on his heel so that the deadly point of his spear and his line of sight was directed towards the Daughter of Poseidon. With both hands tightly grasped on the black iron weapon he stepped forward, lunging once again towards Lilys sternum.

Lydeck

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:09 am

(Com'on, Lydeck.....you simply cannot block every attack and expect to win every fight. Expecially considering your character's seniority. Unless if ypu have been practicing every hour you had in camp. Probably not.))
Lily blocked it easily laughed. “Do you expect this to be that easy?”she asked as she swiped at estelle. Then she kicked Jackson in a particular place that she had once found. Not lethal but painful. Most of the time, her opponents staggered back, dropping rtheir weapons. It could work. Then she could just fight off Estelle as well. Easy.... But moat of the time...things just didn't go as planned. But today....there was a pretty high chance that it would work.
((No, i did not kick his sensitive spot. As I said,. a special skill of Lily's. And speak English Lydeck I am too lazy to look up those body terms. ))

She also managed a water blast at Estelle's face to keep her away for a bit. Just water. Not salt water. Salt water would have had mor eeffect.. .But she decied to spare Estelle a little.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydeck Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:26 pm

<I understand how this works. I have been rping for close to 15 years now. I also understand that greater detail determines the outcome in these rps and simply stating that you dodged without explaining how is considered 'cheap'. You need to state where these attacks are being aimed as well. Saying that you slashed my character or kicked him in a sensitive spot does not give me enough indication where these attacks are being directed and it makes it harder for me to type up a viable defense. I also know that every attack cannot be dodged and every fight cannot be won but seeing as this spar has just started (as well as the details of your attacks) I think its safe to assume that so far my defenses are valid. I realize I am new to this particular group and by no means am I trying to godmode or powergame but I am a firm believer in detail and the effects it can have on a thread.>

Having not moved from her original position the kick aimed for Jacksons 'sensitive spot' fell short as the son of Ares ensured he kept a distance that could only be reached by his spear. For a younger girl the Daughter of Poseidon showed a certain level of familiarity in combat as she parried, dodged and blocked every strike thrown at her with the exception of one. That attack only struck due to Estelles dirty tactics. As Lily turned her attention on Estelle, Jackson stepped forward to reduce the distance between them then jumped while cocking his wielding arm back. Once he felt he gained a certain amount of momentum he kicked his leaping foot back while rolling his shoulder forward and straightened his elbow so that the spears tip shot forward towards Lily's sternum (middle of the upper chest).

This was the draw back of a spear. It was designed for lunges and very rarely it was used to slash or swipe like a sword. Having spent years in a combat oriented Camp such as Half-blood Lily should pick up on this fact and make use of this disadvantage.

Lydeck

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:48 am

Estelle easily dodged the spear,since 4 years of training swiftened her movements, but water slapped her in the cheek. 'Sooo unfair..' she muttered as she stepped back, the pressure forcing her to do so. Gladly, not salt water. She hated that stuff. She feinted a blow to Lydeck's right arm,a bit higher than the elbow, then pulled up at the last minute and strived to drive her sword into his leg, right beneath the knee. She didn't have pride nor honor; she didn't care. It won't get her alive. Skills would, instead. Whatever.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydeck Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:02 am

<OOC: I'm going to have to wait for Lily to post before I do Estelle as Jackson is mid air whilst in the process of his attack on Lily. Once she posts I'll assume your attack is revolved around the fact that I have landed and my attack has missed/hit.

Lydeck

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:12 am

OOC:I suggest that we end now...
Lily saw about to run from that jab when the conch horn blew. Too late.Luckily her armor saved her from dying. “Lunchtime. Let's go,”Lily said as she touch the tip of her sowrd with the cap. She pushed the pen in her short jeans started to go.
(FYI, camp has tons of thing to do than train. Lily never really came here. That's why and my other site we fight with dice. Anyway i'll make the topic)

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydeck Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:53 am

As Jackson landed he felt the sting of metal pierce below his knee causing him to kneel to the floor. It was an unexpected attack but it seemed the Daughter of Athena favored sneak strikes rather than meeting her opponents face on. As Lily withdrew her blade Jackson pulled himself up with his spear then inspected the wound which now bled "Well played" an excited smile pressed against his lips as he regained his footing "You go Lily, I fear I may have more practice in store. Estelle, would you like to continue? Sparing 1 on 1 should make things more manageable" he awaited her reply. In truth Jackson was not hungry and now that he had gained a taste for combat his thirst was yet to be quenched. Its not as if he intended harm on either of them, nor they him, but he did need more practice if he was to live up to his reputation of being a son of Ares.

"Show me if you possess your Mothers battle strategy"

Lydeck

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:57 am

“Okay,”Lily went on to the mess hall alone. Maybe she should eat fast then come here. This would be interesting to watch.

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:37 am

'Oh, I will, war boy' A devilish smile crept back on Estelle's face. She did a back somersault and landed on her feet, a few paces back, and brandished her sword. "Not only that, I'll show you not to taunt Daughters of Wisdom." She thought." He thinks that I only like sneak attacks." she realized. That would be an advantage. He would expect some kind of that thing while sparring. But nooo. He was wrong. She called out 'Make the first move.'and lowered her sword into battle position. She had hidden weapons, and that would also be an advantage.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lydeck Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:24 am

"Daughter of Wisdom...." it was ironic she chose those words as her strategy so far resembled what the children of Ares would use, however, it was an effective strategy at that. He allowed a smile to press against his face which was followed by a chuckle "Just because your a little girl don't think that I will hold back. I have a feeling that you don't want me too either". Jackson held his spear tightly with both hands while jogging towards Estelle in order to close the gap between them. Once he felt he was within range he planted his front foot deep in the soil in order to gain some traction then extended both arms as he leaned forward, lunging the blunt end of his black iron spear into the Daughter of Athena's abdomen.

Lydeck

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:06 am

'You think I'm just a little girl?' Estelle asked raising her eyebrows. She swirled around the spear. Good thing she was good with dodgeball. Her nimble movements could dodge almost anything coming from any angle. Almost. The spear skimmed Estelle's left arm, below her elbow. No sweat. She advanced very quickly, swinging her sword. She faked to Lydeck's left waist, then pulled up at the last moment and struck at the right ankle. Not waiting to see if it hit or not, she put in a fancy and effective kick, her hair , in a ponytail, twirling wildly. Thwack! 'Oops, sorry.'she muttered as the jade pendant struck the back of his head. She landed on her feet, panting a little.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down