Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some practice

4 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Some practice - Page 3 Empty Re: Some practice

Post  Guest Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:20 am

((I'd post longer but something is getting to me. I'm getting depressed.))

“Wait,”she said simply. Suddenly she felt so very tired.

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:23 am

Estelle noticed Lily's mood and gave her an adrenaline dart. 'Just in case,' she said, looking at Conrad.
Estelle
Estelle

Drachmae : 4326

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:51 am

((Heh... I don't feel Syl wants to attack first.))

Syl didn't pay any attention, but she just didn't want to attack first. She, Conrad, and Jay weren't talking to each other at the moment, but Syl was fine with that. With or without a plan, there'd be a winner anyway--and the winner wouldn't exactly be an enemy, generally speaking.

Syl knew she probably shouldn't think that way. She was supposed to be practicing for real danger situations, and the opponent would probably fight her to the death.

Still, she was thinking to herself--how could she be unexpecting? Estelle was a daughter of Athena. Goddess of battle strategies.
Syl
Syl

Drachmae : 2583

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:48 am

Estelle ran all the possibilities in her head. Andrew can hold off Jay- Jay's powers would be a huge advantage to the opposite team. She began to think 2 on 2 would go much better to their advantage than just picking someone and fighting. She swiveled back-to-back with Lily, speaking through the corner of her mouth. 'We go together. One of us can cover the other during dire situations that way.' She paused. 'It's perfect, Poseidon and Athena, united.'She smirked.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  ©razy Dude Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:19 am

Andrew smiled "Yeah leave the guy out." He shrugged his shoulders and it seemed like no one else would charge so he decided it'd work to his advantage.

He ran towards Jay with one sword raised and the other swinging down at right side. When he reached him he swung down with the top sword and stabbed at his stomach with the other.
©razy Dude
©razy Dude

Drachmae : 3010

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Harmonia
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:56 am

Estelle smiled. 'Conrad first.' She took out another dart. She threw a dart towards Conrad's neck, an obvious throw. She hoped Lily would read her and shoot a jet of water as she readied another for a real throw this time. Water could seriously distract you.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:09 am

((In this situation you've forced me to make the first move... sort of. Where are my teammates?))

Syl gritted her teeth in half-admire and half-I-wish-that-I-paid-more-attention.

Going for Lily would be a dangerous move if you didn't want to be drowning, but she did anyway. Going for Lily would help her teammates, and they could--for now--focus on the people who were attacking them.

She swiped at Lily clumsily, surprised at the miss-aim. Before Lily could get to her, she ducked and moved to the side.

Stupid, She thought, turning the blade in her hands. Get ready.
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:21 am

((*shrug*))

Taking a cue from Estelle, Lily abruptly shot a hard jet of water barreling towards Conrad's face. Maybe they should have a fight between the girls. She then parried away the knife with a raised eyeborw. When had this girl become so clumsy?

She'd probably duck before she could do anything. Maybe if she caught her off in the best time .....But it didn't cost to try.She quickly took one of her knives and expertly slashed it. She'd most probably miss, but even so.......After slashing once she twirled her knife once and stabbed at Syl's waist, shooting a jet of water in her face to distract her.

Time for her demigod side to kick in.

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:28 am

Syl stepped back from the knife and stepped sideways to block the next attack, and--even though she'd expected it--got a fast stream of water in her face.

Syl wiped her face with another hand while staying far enough from Lily. Knife and dagger were both near-ranged weapons, unless you threw it. It would be better if she stayed away, but not too far to aim easily.

((Jay? Conrad? Grr...))
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:29 am

Estelle sighed. 'Let's just get Sylvania first, I'm getting bored with Conrad,' she said, holding out Silverstag.

((seriously, I don't want to fight an invisible man.))

Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:34 am

"Sure," Lily grinned.
She may be a great dodger, that girl......but soon, she'd fail. She shot a bigger, stronger jet of water at Sylvania. It was also more salty.

((XD))

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:42 am

Lily wrote:It was also more salty.

Syl dodged the (sea)water, but it raced past her right arm, leaving her arm wet.

For a second, she thought about throwing her dagger, but that wouldn't be a smart choice. She'd be throwing her only weapon... She gripped her weapon harder, waiting for the attack.

She should have probably worried about Estelle going against her, too, but she was too focused on the battle.

((I just remembered that her fatal flaw was honesty. I might want to do something with it. Smile ))
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:48 am

'Sylvania Summers, do you really think you can beat us?' Estelle said, looking into her eyes. She was an expert at playing with people's minds. You see, while all her siblings were going on about architecture and stuff, she'd studied science. All kinds of science, but especially psychology. Her grey eyes were intimidating. She held her stance, waiting for an answer.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:53 am

Lily smiled. Estelle and her mind playing skills. When in combat, always,always leave the talking to the brainy ones. Waking over by Estelle, Lily stood with a borderline smug look, water swirling around her knife.
“Let's see how you do,”

As well as see how Conrad would react to his prom partner being cornered by two senior campers.

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:54 am

((Free chance. Very Happy))

"No." Syl answered easily, still staying alert. Maybe Estelle was trying to catch her off guard.
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:33 am

'No. Of course not. It would be easy enough for me to get you out of the game without Lily,' she said, her eyes cool. 'There's still a long way for you to climb. Deal with it.' She twirled her blade. 'But it won't really matter if you've trained and trained and trained. You have to know what it feels like to put a blade through a person. Not a dummy.' A fake but very convincing tear rolled down a cheek.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:42 am

((O.O I mean this in the kindest way possible... you're kind of freaky.))

Syl stepped back, shocked, but she reminded herself to stay on guard. She didn't know how to react. She thought about what Estelle had said... though it wasn't really like her--or what Syl thought Estelle was like.

She didn't have the heart to drive a blade through someone's body, so would she never be able to be good enough in a real battle? The thoughts raced in her head, while she was urging her mind to stay focused on the fight.

As much as she didn't want to admit it, it was hard to.
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:51 am

((Hey, Einstein was freaky.))

Estelle glanced at Lily. Syl was definitely shocked, she could read that in her body language- it was more obvious than detecting lies. She didn't really mean all that she said.. Though it was no doubt that most was true. Syl was, like a book. "Remind me to give her lessons on not being too obvious," she said in a voice so low that only Lily could hear.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:57 am

“You bet,”Lily said inan almost inaudible voice. She stood by Estelle, twirling her knife casualy.

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:02 am

'Good. Now would be a good time to attack,' Estelle half-raised her sword and gestured to Lily. She circled over to Sylvania, her cold grey eyes intent upon her friend- or prey, as it was now. Acacia hooted a soft one of admire and pride. Learning the ways of the wild.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:17 am

Syl's attention snapped more, but she was still in thought. As she halfheartedly raised her dagger, she focused her eyes.

She put her body in a way so that she could dodge, escape, or attack/block at the same time. Hopefully she'd remember that she had two "enemies"... for now.
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:28 am

Estelle's eyes now became a color of a wolf's- a deadly cold grey with just a tint of ice blue. 'But if you're still willing to try, Sylvania..' She looked ath Syl, lowering her sword just slightly. 'You might as well now.'
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:37 am

Two normal opponenets were hard to defeat. Two seasoned ones? Hmm.
Lily gave her knife a final twirl and gestuered for estelle to start. A hot jet of water was shot towards Syl's hand. Talk about reflexes.

Back to top Go down

Post  Estelle Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:06 am

Estelle smiled. She raised her sword and quickly striked to the back of Syl. She'd play this out a bit.. Save the dart for the last second. Like a cat playing with its victim.
Estelle
Estelle

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:20 am

((Reading your posts are creeping me out...))
((I wanna quickly lose. It's hard typing up all these posts.))
((I am temporarily hating my teammates.))

Syl pressed her lips together nervously, and pulled her (steaming) hand away with more shock than pain. She really had to get in control.

And no way was she going to kill Estelle. This was just a battle. In reality, they were... friends, or not enemies.

She turned around, sighed, and dodged her attack. Syl knew that she would eventually have to stop dodging and attack. She wasn't afraid to, just waiting. But she might be waiting too long.

Estelle calling her by her full name, acting like another person was awkward and also scary.

In frustration, Syl wanted to throw her dagger, but knew that it wouldn't do any good for her. Half of her also wanted to kick her team members.

Typical demigod situation.
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down