Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Last Practace...

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

One Last Practace... Empty One Last Practace...

Post  GeneralArin Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:35 pm

Jake slashed the dummy like it was... something you slash alot.... He was doing some last minute refreshers with his switchblade, and the steel blade cut the cloth 'skin' to ribbons. He bounced back from the dummy and took a couple breaths. He felt so sore. His muscles had been still for so long that they protested at the very thought at Jake's usual workout. He flicked the two blades in and out. One steel and one bronze. Don't worry, he only has a steel one for tool purposes. Yeesh, there are more than one uses for a knife...
Jake rolled his shoulder, wincing at the pain.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Drachmae : 6263
Location : In my own little world....it's okay: they know me there.

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Hephaestus
Items :

Back to top Go down

One Last Practace... Empty Re: One Last Practace...

Post  Benedictus Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:51 pm

Walking into the building that interested him the most at the moment, Ben was curious what it was. Hearing the ring of something metal clash against something wooden he arrived in a large room full of weapons and what appeared to be training dummies. Seeing a boy around his age training in the room, he observed for a short period of time. Judging by the boys movements he either hasn't trained or was hurt recently, deciding a spar would be in his best intrest right now he walked close enough to the boy he could introduce himself properly," Hey, I'm Benedictus and I'm new to the camp. Does this happen to be the training facility?"

Benedictus

Drachmae : 134

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:54 pm

Jake jumped in suprise at the new voice. He turned around to see that one kid who made a rather spectacular entrance earlier. It took him a minute to process what the kid had said and he nodded.
"Yah." Jake flipped closed his knife. "I'm Jake." He extended a hand to Benedictus.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Benedictus Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:04 pm

Walking a little closer to the other boy he firmly grabbed his hand and shook it," Do you have any previous experience in any fighting styles?" While it is a simple question, to someone like Benedictus who did nothing but eat, sleep, and breath Muy-Thai for at least 14 years of his life; and seeing as he was 18 that was alot of his life. Taking the first major look at the boy's frame, he could see an aura of a creating fire, not the burning fire of hades as he could see on a few children but something more like a soothing mechanical furnace. Jake was probably the child of Hephastus the god of the forge.

Benedictus

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:08 pm

"Little bit, mainly defensive styles." Jake said with a shrug. He just grabbed a bunch of different moves that worked for him and fought with them. Most of them were made up on the spot. He didn't really know much about specific styles... but defensive was a category... right? It sure seemed like a good one when you had an invincible shield.
"You?"
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Benedictus Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:15 pm

Ben smiled, if there was one thing he loved to talk about it was his fighting style. The love probably came from his master, but who knows he is his own person. But he wasn't going to drown Jake in his love of Muy-Thai. Letting a large grin form across his face he said," Well I'm considered a master in a south-eastern kickboxing style called Muy-Thai and it isn't very defensive. I mean I can block and stuff but I prefer to counter aggression with aggression when I fight, and my style suits that just fine. It focus's on shin kicks, knees and elbows." Then in a moment of realization asked," Would you like to spar? I haven't had a good sparing partner in a while."

Benedictus

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:20 pm

A bit overwelmed in the lengthy responce, he paused for a moment. When his mind finally came around to the last request, he shrugged.
"Why not?" He said, figuring he could work on hand to hand. This guy sounded really good though, and Jake's defencive mainly relied on weapons and armor. (and whatever a shield counts as.)
He rolled his semi-loosened shoulders a couple times then settled into a stance.
"You first."
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Benedictus Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:30 pm

With a small smirk Benedictus uttured,"If you insist." Dropping into a low fighting stance he brought his hands up in front of his face with his palms turned slightly turned out with his front leg loose and back leg strong. With a quick few steps he closed the distance and released a simple kick. Swinging his leg forward with the strength of a twist of his hips he aimed for the inner thigh, but this is a spar so Ben didn't swing with all of his strength, just the speed. As his leg came back down he released two jabs to the stomach and an elbow to the shoulder. The elbow was going to hurt if it connected and he was going to try and keep the knees out of this spar. Those could do serious damage and he didn't want to hurt his new semi-friend.

Benedictus

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:34 pm

Jake made a mental note. New to camp does not nessisarily mean new to fighting.
He managed to block the kick and redirect the punches at the gut, but got the elbow full on his bad shoulder. He let out an involuntary grunt of pain, but sent a rushed blow at Ben's back
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Benedictus Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:41 pm

Taking the hit to his back Ben learned just what it felt like for a demi-god to hit him, nothing compared to what Teacher's hits felt like but that man had decades upon decades of experience. Allowing his body to travel downward with the hit, he muttered,"Never punch to hit, punch to blow through your opponent." With the last syllable he through his strength and speed into a raising elbow to the stomach and a followed hay-maker into the solar-plexus, which would blast the air out of his lungs and cause spasms in his stomach. Taking a small jump back he waited for his opponent to recover, he was quite good for no experience.

Benedictus

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:48 pm

Jake staggared backwards, winded by the two blows. He somehow managed to keep himself on his feet but he spread his feet for balance and leaned on his knees to catch his breath. He gave a couple large coughs. That hit didn't do much for his still sore ribs. His breath, needless to say, was ragged.
"Dang..." Was the only thing that came to mind. "You're good." He panted.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Benedictus Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:08 pm

With a slight grin and light laugh Benedictus said," It comes from years of experience, I've literally done this since I was four," Then looking at his state, Ben noticed that his body was weakened badly," Jake do you want me to heal you? It was the ability my mother blessed me with, it will make the strength in your muscles and bones come back fully." He honestly felt terrible for not noticing Jake's weakness before, his victory felt hollow now as his opponent wasn't fighting at full strength. Looking with his pearly white eye's in the direction of Jake he waited for an answer.

Benedictus

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:12 pm

Embarressed, he straighted up quickly hurting himself a bit more.
"No, I'm alright- it looks worse than it is." He said quickly. He knew how much power it took to make fire, so he figured fully healing someone would take a lot. "Just a bit out of practice, that's all." He added, not totally lying. He quickly changed the subject. "So, since you were four? Who teaches a four year old marcial arts?"
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Benedictus Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:19 pm

Seeing his new friend blatantly lie about his physical condition Ben shrugged," It is a pretty common practice where my master came from, but in my case it was because I needed the strength and my master realized it. He always told me I was special and I never knew what he ment until I learned my mother was a fate on the day of his death." Walking over to where a bench was he picked it up and carried it over for Jake to sit on," Even if you wont let me heal you, you should still relax. I landed a heavy blow to your abs, they should start cramping inward soon and you dont want to be carrying yourself when that happens." The medic in him came out this time and wouldn't take no for an answer, and everyone knows the major rule of a militaristic group. NEVER argue with a medic.

Benedictus

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:26 pm

Jake rolled his eyes. He was just as bad as Wes.
"I said I'm alright, I can handle a Mi-" He quickly remembered that if he said the name, it may show up. He really didn't want to fight the darned thing *twice* yet alone, *now.* "I can handle Mr. Cow-man," He corrected. "I can certainly handle a couple punches." He said with a scoff. When his body strongly disagreed he added. "But I think I'll take your advice." He mumbled. He ploped down on the bench, jarring his bones again.
"I didn't know fates had kids." Jake started, trying to deflect the subject of of him again.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Benedictus Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:33 pm

Ahh his mother, she wasn't the most beautiful woman on olympus but she was one of the wisest. She was the reader of the threads of fate, and ultimately the one who decided what path you were going to take," Yes my mother had me, I absolutely never met my father so I have no idea what he looks like or how he got the attention of my mother. Maybe he was a daredevil or something that constantly pushed my mothers readings or never did anything. So who was your parent and did he give you any particular gifts?"

Benedictus

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:38 pm

Jake shrugged, careful not to aggrivate his shoulder again. He would absolutely hate to be close to dying so many times that a Fate would fall in love with him... though he was making a good pace so far... Oh God. He pushed that thought out of his mind.
"My dad's Hephestus, God of forges and fire. As for gifts, I got both." He said simply. As Ben predicted, his abs were hurting now. He did his best to ignore them. "I'm good at making stuff and can summon fire. Comes in handy."
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:48 pm

While heading for the forges to find Jake, Wes walked past the Arena, and saw him in the corner of her eye. She immidiatly turned into the place and yelled, "JAKE!"
Wes
Wes
Super Awesome Admin and Founder of the Site. Also Killer Graphic Designer and Cool Kid.

Drachmae : 4540

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Apollo
Items :

https://half-bloods.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Benedictus Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:53 pm

Benedictus nodded his head, that stuff sounded useful. Especially since it doesn't sounds like there are any really negative side effects of using the powers, like his. But it is to be expected, a high regeneration and the ability to perfectly heal almost anyone. Taking a seat on the bench next to Jake he popped his neck, shoulders, and back in a groutesqe fasion, turning his head to his sparring partner for the day he laughed saying," Before you start running around calling me Benedictus, I just wanted to let you in that you can just call me Ben. Congratualations, you are offically the second friend I made here." Letting out a loud, slightly obnoxious laugh he forgot that his new friend was weak and kinda hurt, and slapped him on the back; only to realize his mistake afterward.

Then the loud yell came from the entrance he came from just a couple minutes ago and secretly thought,'hope I dont get in trouble.'

Benedictus

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:55 pm

Jake laughed a bit. "Good to hear it." He winced a bit at the accedental slap in the back, but he wasn't one to hold much of a grudge. Then he heard an all too familiar shout.

"Oh Crap." Jake winced, more for the premontion of his future, or lack there of. "Hey Wes..." He started, trying to smile but not quite getting it right. "It's done already? Man, the time just flies doesn't it?" He tried, attempting to stike a casual tone but it sounded more like the oh-i'm-so-dead-but-i'll-try-and-take-it-with-a-smile-anyway tone.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:57 pm

Kris followed behind Wes, halfway against her will. Seeing the boys in the arena, she just waved. "Hi guys!"
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Drachmae : 4543

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Posieden
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wes Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:00 pm

Wes gave Kris a quick stare down, then turned to Jake, "So Jake, I hear you like to forge two weeks after serious injuries to which you're given orders not to do anything, much less things involving heavy metal." She crossed her arms across her chest and gave a serious, almost deadly face.
Wes
Wes
Super Awesome Admin and Founder of the Site. Also Killer Graphic Designer and Cool Kid.

Drachmae : 4540

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Apollo
Items :

https://half-bloods.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Benedictus Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:07 pm

Benedictus slid away from Jake, he knew that stare that this 'Wes' girl was giving him. He gave him a similar one earlier. Slowly moving as far away as he could he then stood up and tried to look as non-attention grabbing as possible until he was close enough to pull Kris away from this bomb that was very soon to go off. Pulling her down with him on another bench he hoped that this other medic didn't realize that he had just been sparing with a patient; and if she did that Kris could bail him out somehow.

Benedictus

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:08 pm

"Ahhhh....." Jake let his breath out through his teeth, trying to think of how to get out of it. He consulted the voice in the back of his head that told him witty lines. It responded: Yah, Sorry Dude. You're dead. Stupid not helpful voice.
"Well... err... You should probably know by now, I've *always* liked doing things weeks too early." Yah, that probably made things worse.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:11 pm

"Jakey, I don't think you are getting yourself out of this one...." Kris said as she was pulled down onto a bench by her new friend.
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Drachmae : 4543

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Posieden
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum