Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persia, daughter of Poseidon

5 posters

Go down

Persia, daughter of Poseidon Empty Persia, daughter of Poseidon

Post  Persia Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:08 pm

Name: Persia Crest
God Parent: Poseidon
Mortal Family: Mary Crest (mother)
Years in Camp: 0 (Will be a Year-Rounder)
Brief History: Persia was Birmingham, in England. She got a horse named Mist for her birthday, March 31st, and was really her only company, because Persia's mother was always working outside at malls, and Persia was usually alone in her home.
One day Persia's mother died, leaving her alone in the whole world. Persia didn't have aunts or uncles, because her mother was a single child. She then lived with her one and only friend, which turned out to be a satyr. He helped her until she turned thirteen, when they both were supposed to go to a picnic. They experienced a monster of some sort, which Persia could not remember or see clearly, and they escaped into the woods. The Satyr took Persia to Camp Half-Blood, saying that she would be safe there.

Physical Appearance: Persia has brown hair that is straight. She has deep sea-blue eyes, and she doesn't wear anything longer than kapris, so usually wears shorts. She wears a Camp Half-Blood T-Shirt, but sometimes wears her favorite tie-dye purple-blue shirt. Her skin is smooth, and she is slightly slim, compared to other people.

Personality: Persia is fierce, and covers up her sadness with humor. She's not the best at making friends, but she tries. She keeps her feelings hidden, and doesn't like to talk about herself a lot.
Fatal Flaw: Holding Grudges. If something happens to Persia, she cannot forget it. She will hold that grudge until she figures out a solution, or until she gets an honest and true apology.
Talents: Strangely, Persia rarely swims, because she has a strange thought of drowning, because she had an experience on suffocating before. She can control the water a tad bit. She can communicate with horses and sea creatures, and she is friendly with them.
Weapons: κύμα, greek word for wave; Kimma, a celestial bronze longsword. It is in the form of a necklace, most of the time, when she's not using it.

Last edited by Persia on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:50 am; edited 3 times in total

Persia

Drachmae : 7

Back to top Go down

Persia, daughter of Poseidon Empty Re: Persia, daughter of Poseidon

Post  ©razy Dude Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:16 pm

Before you go anywhere else I don't think the admins will allow another child of Posieden. Right now we've got 2 and him being apart of the big 3 makes him more powerful therefore his children stronger than the regular demigod. So in which case is why we have a limit for them since its not very fun with a hundred power crazy demigods on one site. I think that Zues might be open and for Hades there's none that are active as of right now. And also I'm not an admin I'm just trying to help you with this stuff and hopefully I won't get yelled at for doing this. Smile But anyways if you need any help with your charrie just sen me a pm and we can discuss it.
©razy Dude
©razy Dude

Drachmae : 3010

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Harmonia
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:13 am

Ooh cool, my first official character application review! ^-^
So anyway, Andrew is totally right. I, as the only other poseidon kid that has been active on this site apart from Kris, have never seen a Poseidon kid accepted. And sine i've been here for almost 3 years now, I'm pretty sure you won't get in. You should consider choosing another godly parent. And judging on how much you've written so far, you'll need a lot more informations. Trust me, this application form is one of the simplest that i've seen in all of the RP sites i've been at. So consider these, and you'll be all set.

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:34 am

Oh, look! That's my friend! Very Happy
Just telling ya, if you get to see this, then maybe you could change to Athena.
(As I know, that was your second option Smile )

(Sorry if I'm butting in.)
Syl
Syl

Drachmae : 2583

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:44 am

Alright guys, from now, if you want to comment on a post then do so on PM. Alrighty?by the way, I'd say a no no to Athena as well. It's the top populated!

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:06 pm

Admin cut in!

Guys seriously... I have said it before, unless you are Lily or an admin, do not post on the character app... PM the person if you really want to tell them something.

No Athena or Apollo kids...

If you want to be a child of Poseidon, the application has to be up to my standards and that means it better be hella amazing. Also don't switch view points when talking about your character... That's all I have to say for now.
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Drachmae : 4543

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Posieden
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Persia Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:40 am

Okay, so I changed it a lot with the help of my lovely friend Syl...
I finished up the things I didn't do, and I added a lot more to the bio and other things.

I don't expect mine to be up to your standards, though, so I'll probably change my parent after you give me feedback, which will be so helpful. Thanks!

Persia

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:46 am

Well, it's slightly....impossible that a child of poseidon is unable to swim...unless if she's afraid of drowning. And yes, it isn't very 'hella amazing' by Kris's standards. Want an example? Hmm....go to the new characters section and find the post titled 'Lily Evergreen'. That's A girl who rps an Athena girl wanted to ne a poseidon girl and as far as i remeber it was long. Another could very well be Slyvania.
Just overlooking her fatal flaw and personality, a Hades kid would hold. Bianca di angelo once stated in her ghost form that holding grudges is Nico's fatal flaw as well as hers. Besides, Hades has a higher chance, since we had a minority of Hades children. Last one came a year or two ago and disappeared.

EDIT: Her history is also very generic, and being a big three child, wouldn't she have been attacked more frequently? Maybe kicked out a few times? And how can she hold grudges against her initial fight in the park?

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:58 pm

Hey! Someone who's not from the US or Japan!

Normally, I let generic half-blood bios slide, since it is a bit hard. Then, you're new, so there's not really any camp stuff to speak of. Normally it sides more to home life and series-of-vague-events-that-got-me-to-camp.
Personality and fatal flaws are not limited to certain lineages. Though you are right in saying that usually they'll follow the god's flaw. But since I like seeing a different fatal flaw than 'Loyalty'...

It just occurred to me that the horse is your only friend.. and you're a Poseidon kid... sorry. I just now caught that. Clever.

Now, one main critique that has nothing to do with being a Poseidon kid: What kind of weapon do you have? All it says is the name.

Honestly, as much as I don't like having yet another Poseidon kid... I find this character rather interesting. Personality wise, if you want to justify it, is more of a stormy sea rather than the calm, easy-going one. (Poseidon had some temper issues.) And you already did say that she was fierce, and the grudges can be more of the strong, hidden currents beneath a calm sea, and the fact that she covers hurts with jokes. So her grudges might be seen more in 'I'm going to joke about it, but all the while I'm planning on how to kill you'. When a hurt's covered up, it's more likely to build up...leading to a outbreak or grudge.

So, all in all, I think it's good.

...though you might want to explain the 'can't swim' thing.
I guess humans still need to learn how to swim, but being able to instinctively control currents to not-drown... and the whole 'can't-drown' thing... Maybe she was just traumatized? I mean, there's plenty of scary water monsters, or possible scary events. Plenty of traumatic events to give you hydrophobia.

...I just realized I wrote a wall of text.
TLDR:
-Tell us what kind of weapon you have.
-Explain the can't swim thing...
-I like it a lot.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Drachmae : 6263
Location : In my own little world....it's okay: they know me there.

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Hephaestus
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Persia Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:47 am

Woah, thanks a lot! I'll change it in a sec.
I thought maybe about the "can't swim" thing, because it was hard to think of something. I wanted to add a bit of detail.

As for the weapon, I'd like a bronze sword. I'll change it quickly.
Just a question: Can my sword be anything besides bronze, like Imperial Gold or Stygian Iron? Or maybe I could use wood, steel, or brass.

Persia

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:01 am

No impirial gold. That's only for Romans. Staygion Iron( or whatever) is only for Hades kids. There's silver too....but only for hunters.

Back to top Go down

Post  Persia Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:43 am

Mmm, hmm! Thanks for telling me!
Yeah, well, I've changed it now and it doesn't really look much like it changed...
Silver is cool. Maybe I could join the hunters, if I get accepted.

(Hey, my friend's friend is telling me, to go check out Mari Fernandez's application. She just made a new one. Thanks!)
I've checked out your application. No offense, but... it seemed like you were rushing a little.

Persia

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:04 am

Actually, this is the newer one. There used to be one that was harder with stats. Far more trickier than this one. Just......don't judge a book by its cover. It may seem rushed and stupid, but I know what I'm doing. Hate to be a little mean, but I'm not that lousy little hot shot you came across one day. Don't underestimate others at a single glance.

Back to top Go down

Post  Persia Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:37 am

Yeah, sure! That's what I thought... since there used to be an Old Applications part. You seem really cool to me. Helpful. Smile

Persia

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:00 pm

Well, I think you're good. We normally have another admin put in their two cents before final approval.

As for the applications, they normally don't reflect the current ability, since it's from when they first started. (Or when the new applications first came online.) I personally update Jake's application to try and keep up a good example.

GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Drachmae : 6263
Location : In my own little world....it's okay: they know me there.

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Hephaestus
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristina Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:21 pm

Though it's not quite up to my standards for a big three character, I still think it is pretty good. I am gonna say accepted, only because I want to see how the hydrophobia thing will work out with a Poseidon kid.
Kristina
Kristina
RP Supervisor

Drachmae : 4543

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Posieden
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down