Half-Blood Vengeance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quests? People? ANYTHING SO WE CAN RUN?

+2
Alex Granit
Syl
6 posters

Go down

Should we get a new Quest?

Quests? People? ANYTHING SO WE CAN RUN? I_vote_lcap50%Quests? People? ANYTHING SO WE CAN RUN? I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 2 ]
Quests? People? ANYTHING SO WE CAN RUN? I_vote_lcap0%Quests? People? ANYTHING SO WE CAN RUN? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Quests? People? ANYTHING SO WE CAN RUN? I_vote_lcap25%Quests? People? ANYTHING SO WE CAN RUN? I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]
Quests? People? ANYTHING SO WE CAN RUN? I_vote_lcap0%Quests? People? ANYTHING SO WE CAN RUN? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Quests? People? ANYTHING SO WE CAN RUN? I_vote_lcap25%Quests? People? ANYTHING SO WE CAN RUN? I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 4

Quests? People? ANYTHING SO WE CAN RUN? Empty Quests? People? ANYTHING SO WE CAN RUN?

Post  Syl Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:27 am

Hello guys, I'm going to have to say this. I'm getting bored out of my mind.
Sure, there are a lot of funny and nice OOC Topics out there. But Syl? She's randomly swinging her dagger everywhere she goes, not to mention making disasters on purpose. Just to have some fun. (No, I'm kidding.)

I know I'm not an admin, and I just wanted to tell you this is a suggestion.
But really, if there was a new quest, I'm gonna let Syl die for it. Seriously. Nothing fun really seems to be happening in Camp... at least not so much. That's why I wish to do a quest.

Or, something like Capture the Flag. That would be nice.

The thing is, nothing ever happens much. Food fights, yes. Haywire automatons? I guess a little bit. Quests? Definitely not!
I know quests aren't things like, oh, I wanna do one, let's make a quest! I know there has to be a reason.

Come on, let's have some fun! The last few weeks, not so much fun except for the time my automaton went haywire. And since the admins are on a quest, I would say not much fun is going on here.

Sorry if I offended anyone or said something bad. But thanks for reading the whole way.
Syl
Syl

Drachmae : 2583

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Quests? People? ANYTHING SO WE CAN RUN? Empty Re: Quests? People? ANYTHING SO WE CAN RUN?

Post  Alex Granit Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:58 am

Well um you are sort of counteracting your proposal because with a ton of people on quest there wont be too many people left at camp to role play with those who stay behind.
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Drachmae : 2272

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Ares
Items :

Back to top Go down

Quests? People? ANYTHING SO WE CAN RUN? Empty Re: Quests? People? ANYTHING SO WE CAN RUN?

Post  ©razy Dude Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:36 pm

I'm not quite sure how these things work but my guess is that these things take a while to build up. Like say the quest that we just had there hasn't been one (as far as I know) since I got here till the time it started. Which was about a month or 2 after. Sure you can spout out some ideas and everything also but I'd just let the admins work it out. Plus we're still kind of on one right now as it seems kind of stupid to have 2 quests going on at the same time.

And also there is one thing that I'd like to see happen on the next quest that we have. Let someone else besides all the admins take the quest on. Let some other camper/roleplayers have a chance to prove what they can do a d their writing abilities. There again I'm not quite sure if there has been very many quests without all the admins on it.
©razy Dude
©razy Dude

Drachmae : 3010

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Harmonia
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  GeneralArin Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:14 pm

Well, here's an admin comment on it:

I completely agree with you, for one.
Seriously, I'm just as bored as the rest of you, probably. It's hard to have pick-up topics all the time. I would like to have more events run, just to have some sanctioned topics that people can do without too much thought.

Unfortunately, that takes some time to coordinate and come up with the ideas for making a quest. Especially larger plot-quests. I would like to set up some smaller quests like was mentioned in the books that some campers got to go on (Luke went to fetch the golden apples or something.) That requires ideas for small quests, and coordination to get the people on and to have logical choices to send out.

Capture the Flag has been attempted several times, but unfortunately it's a rather large event that uses most of the members. Most members can't get on all the time, or at the same time which drags out the event. Then people dropped in and out, since it takes so long.

Then, as the others have mentioned: the three Admin are *still* on a quest.
They take a good while to run, longer than even Capture the Flag, and then you're separated from the main rp for that entire time. And we should finish that quest first.

And to answer Andrew: there has been three quests, one ages ago with the three admin and another person that rotated in and out. (That never was completed and excruciatingly long.) Then I ran one with two other characters on a search for the Nemian Lion, which coincided with the first attack on camp.
Then we have now, where it's the three admin.
Sorry about that, we also fall into the 'we've got plots we like', and then having the power to keep it.... Yah.
Hopefully with other quests we'll be able to "spread the wealth" so to speak, and get some other people on. I can say for one Jake probably won't be going on the next quest unless he absolutely has to between my own preferences and the in-character reasons of injuries, camp attacks, and Agamemnon.
Then of course, I would like the smaller quests to be mostly, if not solely, other people.

I want to try and get some sanctioned events in Camp, like formal training sessions and exercises and such, just to have less of the 'wandering around bored' and 'fighting another random thing that somehow got into the woods' topics.

Of course, I also have a life to engage off the site, as do the other two admin (usually more so than I do), so that also comes into play with timing and coordination.
Now that I think about it, I'm going to crowdsource some of the idea generating to you all.

I'll be making a topic where you post events you want to see, quest ideas, and preferably ideas how to get them coordinated better.

phew. Long post.
GeneralArin
GeneralArin
RP Supervisor/SoldierA

Drachmae : 6263
Location : In my own little world....it's okay: they know me there.

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Hephaestus
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:17 pm

Oh! Awesome!

And thinking about it, Conrad, you are right.
Well um you are sort of counteracting your proposal because with a ton of people on quest there wont be too many people left at camp to role play with those who stay behind.

Yeah, maybe they really won't be much people left at camp. That's true. And we can't take all the people from camp onto the quest, because that's just unfair and too many people. Usually the normal three.
So, that's my worry.
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Granit Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:43 pm

See the power of logic all ways turns out to b e a kill joy yay ! lol
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  §WØ®∑ÅN Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:53 pm

For now you bored people well I am about to start something for any one that's working on clearing the woods. So who wants to be crushed by a tree.
GeneralArin wrote:Well, here's an admin comment on it:

I completely agree with you, for one.
Seriously, I'm just as bored as the rest of you, probably. It's hard to have pick-up topics all the time. I would like to have more events run, just to have some sanctioned topics that people can do without too much thought.

Unfortunately, that takes some time to coordinate and come up with the ideas for making a quest. Especially larger plot-quests. I would like to set up some smaller quests like was mentioned in the books that some campers got to go on (Luke went to fetch the golden apples or something.) That requires ideas for small quests, and coordination to get the people on and to have logical choices to send out.

Capture the Flag has been attempted several times, but unfortunately it's a rather large event that uses most of the members. Most members can't get on all the time, or at the same time which drags out the event. Then people dropped in and out, since it takes so long.

Then, as the others have mentioned: the three Admin are *still* on a quest.
They take a good while to run, longer than even Capture the Flag, and then you're separated from the main rp for that entire time. And we should finish that quest first.

And to answer Andrew: there has been three quests, one ages ago with the three admin and another person that rotated in and out. (That never was completed and excruciatingly long.) Then I ran one with two other characters on a search for the Nemian Lion, which coincided with the first attack on camp.
Then we have now, where it's the three admin.
Sorry about that, we also fall into the 'we've got plots we like', and then having the power to keep it.... Yah.
Hopefully with other quests we'll be able to "spread the wealth" so to speak, and get some other people on. I can say for one Jake probably won't be going on the next quest unless he absolutely has to between my own preferences and the in-character reasons of injuries, camp attacks, and Agamemnon.
Then of course, I would like the smaller quests to be mostly, if not solely, other people.

I want to try and get some sanctioned events in Camp, like formal training sessions and exercises and such, just to have less of the 'wandering around bored' and 'fighting another random thing that somehow got into the woods' topics.

Of course, I also have a life to engage off the site, as do the other two admin (usually more so than I do), so that also comes into play with timing and coordination.
Now that I think about it, I'm going to crowdsource some of the idea generating to you all.

I'll be making a topic where you post events you want to see, quest ideas, and preferably ideas how to get them coordinated better.

phew. Long post.
§WØ®∑ÅN
§WØ®∑ÅN

Drachmae : 2550
Location : In the usa but if i gave you more info i would have to kill you. that or i was support to give any one who knew where i lived and who i was a gift basket. i don't remember. Oh i I KNOW. wait i forgot again. I GOT IT BACK AGAIN. forgot. LOST FOUND LOST FOUND LOST FOUND(this may be awhile.) I also noticed i got the longest exscuse for why i am not giveing my location and the most stupid one as well. Do I get a REWARD? maybe a WORLD RECORD? yes? no? MAY BE SO?

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Fred Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:00 pm

I have sugested a few ideas ( no not my werstling thing. ) to Kris and Wes and they were intrested in one. but yeah there is only so long you can drag out a Chimera untill it gets boreing ( no offence Syl. and sorry my Xbox live gold ran out. )
My idea had us hunting down an attempted assassanation on our mortal parents.
Fred
Fred

Drachmae : 3209

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

http://fantasywar.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:26 pm

No offense taken.

Okay... cool about the idea. I'm not really sure, though.

Because I'm not really this killing stuff, unless sword fighting, you know?
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Granit Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:00 am

Conrad could to pay you back for the lunchroom thing condor...because you never got to cut him lol
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:03 am

But if I get my automaton working, it's only a matter of time until I get unstoppable! Muahahaha!

Just kidding.
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Granit Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:07 am

Yeah, And I'm sure I'm going to pick a fight with almost every camper here. So far it's been Estelle CONDOR...I think that's it but it's going to happen....you just wait lol
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:25 am

Nope.

Umm, actually, I think I'm just gonna sit around the bleachers, because you're a son of Ares, you know, the war god... and even though? I don't think that part scares me, actually. The only thing that I thought about was that fighting all the time isn't really worth it, because it just wastes time and you really are fighting over nothing. And I decided that Harmonia is a pretty cool goddess. I don't know why I just said that, but bringing peace.... Well, you get the idea. And anyways, fighting won't solve every problem. Of course it will when your facing monsters, but that doesn't nearly happen every second every day. Ever since...
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Granit Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:36 am

Yeah I guess not every single camper but quit a few of them, because he is an ares kid, it's what he does best. lol
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:39 am

I guess. Maybe I should just ignore the fact that you're the son of Ares and move on.

Philosophical part of Syl: She says to just move on--it doesn't matter if you're a daughter/son of whoever. What matters is just you. You being yourself, there is nothing wrong with that.
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Granit Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:43 am

oh is that philosophy true syl? because if I remember in "Waiting to beat that kid up " You said and I quote "From on the benches, Syl still watched in interest until Conrad dropped out of the fight. She frowned. A son of Ares, and he's quite... emotional, she thought to herself. She fiddled with her bracelet for a moment and made a little S. Then she frowned again, undid it, and looked up.
"Hey, Conrad." She called. Immediately she wished she didn't, because she didn't have anything to talk about. She face-palmed herself mentally, over and over.".....obviously you thought I was going to like punch you or something for calling me over without anything to say, but Conrad isn't the kind of person but I know someone who is *coughcoughcoughcoughcoughcough*ken*coughcoughcoughcoguhcoughcough*... lol jk
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:46 am

No! I don't think you understand.

I *mentally facepalmed* myself, because I was stupid for calling you with no reason.

Edit: How did this conversation start to talk about philosophy and why I facepalmed myself?
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Granit Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:47 am

Oh ok...sorry just ignore that other post Razz
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:48 am

How do you reply so fast?

Is it possible you have your email on every time you go on this forum, which is what I do?
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Granit Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:51 am

no, I just am really bored on the computer so I reply to the topics I posted in when I can..so yeah Razz
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Syl Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:52 am

Oh. Okay.
Syl
Syl

Character sheet
Olympian Parent:
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Granit Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:00 am

yeah... lol
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Character sheet
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  ©razy Dude Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:03 am

Wooh! Team Harmonia all the way! But anyways I'm sure Andrew would pick a fight because I'm pretty sure she's also in a way a goddess of war. Because she's the daughter of Ares and during the Trojan way I think she rode in Ares' chariot and blinded the men of Troy into thinking everything was peaceful but sadly her father came and killed them. So he's also more in tuned with his war side than others just depends on the mood he's on if he will or won't.
©razy Dude
©razy Dude

Drachmae : 3010

Character sheet
Olympian Parent: Harmonia
Items :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down